From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Message to the Faux Christians....

Message 1 of 112

Mental evaluation is needed for Trump supporters.    

Why insulting people is considered "strength" is beyond comprehension.
Why is  lying,  is  more prevalent than ever in Govt.   
Why mocking a disabled person is considered a "strong attribute " is beyond reasoning.
When goping women's privates is considered OKAY is sending us back to the cave-dwellers.
When cheating workers/contractors is considered "success" well that's a new low for Americans isn't it  and the Christians that are so accepting   ?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Thanks Re: A Message to the Faux Christians....

Message 2 of 112

@Soosie 

They probably don’t do they! Well, when this comes up I will be calling. And hopefully many constituents will be calling also. May not be far away, read where Gorsuch and probably Cavanaugh may be willing to start breaking down some of those walls of separation...the Founders would not approve of a National religion. Some seem to want that? 

keep the separation

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 112
Yes, one’s belief are between each individual and their God.

But, where the concern arises is when religion wants more involvement to influence our government, that becomes our concern. Their religious influence will affect others lives who may not be of that faith... hence the good reason for separation of church and state. @williamb39198...............In this case would it not be better to contact your elected officials directly since they most likely don't come to this group to read your concerns?
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 112
This thread is a conduit for judgement by those who believe they have the knowledge and authority to do so... both couldn't be further from the truth. This is not an opinion thread, for if it was ... respect would be the order of the day and a individual spiritual reflection would be in our evident in our posts.

No one wants to discuss anything.

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 112

@Soosie 

Yes, one’s belief are between each individual and their God. 

But, where the concern arises is when religion wants more involvement to influence our government, that becomes our concern. Their religious influence will affect others lives who may not be of that faith... hence the good reason for separation of church and state. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 112

@TxGrandpa2 

You were claiming partisanship. Is that because some may not agree with your view on religious beliefs. 

Once again some offer opinions, which is not wrong. It’s an opinion based on seeing, hearing, and observing the actions of people who are exhibiting whether they are in harmony with or are dishonest about their defined core religious beliefs. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 112

@williamb39198 wrote:

So are you deciding and declaring that there are no faux Christians, and is that a fact or an opinion? And how would one determine that. I’m wondering if some think that there is a test that we can give to determine one’s religious beliefs. 

Did I say that there are not those who are false Christians?  Are you saying that you haven't studied the scriptures for the answer to that question?  What does it matter that we determine one's religious beliefs?  That is not for us to do but on the part of God.

Why are you or the originator of this thread so interested in determining who is a false Christian or a real Christian?  Being a Christian is something personal between the individual and God, not between posters on a political forum or others.

A Christian would know that.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 112
So are you deciding and declaring that there are no faux Christians, and is that a fact or an opinion? @williamb39198.......I am sure Tex can answer for himself, but I think it is unfair for a poster to use a heading like Faux Christians regarding any religion. It is not his duty, or right to do this. If a Christian did this regarding a Muslim religion, it would be reported immediately and taken down. I can't see why there is a difference in making these kinds of remarks about any religion. The poster is baiting and he does this regularly. I think most Christians would not stoop so low as to throw these kinds of stones. I see people who are not doing the right thing in my opinion, but that is between them and their God. It certainly isn't something that some senior has to even be concerned with. If I were to base my life on what Trump does or does not do, or some senior on this site, then I would have something to worry about. What some do is look at man instead of God and that is not the right place to look. Men are sinners. Always will be. I don't look at another person for my salvation. That would be foolish.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Thanks Re: A Message to the Faux Christians....

Message 9 of 112

@TxGrandpa2 

So are you deciding and declaring that there are no faux Christians, and is that a fact or an opinion? And how would one determine that. I’m wondering if some think that there is a test that we can give to determine one’s religious beliefs. 

And are you stating that we should all be on the same side, even if we don’t agree

with others. How will that work! I don’t see that taking sides here is unusual. 

?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: A Message to the Faux Christians....

Message 10 of 112

@williamb39198 wrote:

You claim that judgements are being made. How do you differentiate between 

opinions here and the fore mentioned judgements?

Ok, who is to decide whether someone is a 'faux' Christian or a true Christian?  The originator of this topic keeps bringing up 'faux' Christians and 'Real' Christians in previous posts, mostly as a means to go after others.  Who decides which is which?  Can you or the originator of this topic decide which?  I think not.

No, this thread isn't a religious discussion but more one of partisanism..  One can note that by noticing the sides posters are taking, the usual for posts here. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors