WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Message to the Faux Christians....

Message 21 of 112

Correct me if I'm wrong, Wiilam, but I'm pretty sure you would agree that if someone doesn't wish to discuss a subject or even read a topic, they can easily exercise their right to scroll past the topic amd read another.... 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 112

Scout and Cent, very good points that need to be considered by all. 

Whatever all wish to discuss is fine as long as most everyone is in agreement that the topic falls within the range of discussion on this site, or to be determined by AARP. I had pointed to the heading on this site being centered around politics but there are other areas of our lives which do overlap into the political arena. 

One concern that I do have concerning overlap is the continued seperation of Church and State. There does seem to be a current effort of the religious right to 

be more involved in governmental affairs, to contribute money to influence legislative decisions, choose judges, and form political groups to elect legislators...does this conflict with the separation? With moral and legal implications. 

Tax returns?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 112

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Long time ago, someone noticed that the ones most loudly proclaiming their love of God spent a great deal of their time claiming anyone they disliked was also disliked by God. Some things never change. Latest version is to claim those who expose acts of hatred are acting out of hate.

Right you are, as is often the case, Scout.  Just as those here that claim anyone who exposes racism is the racist, or those who call out police malfeasance are "police haters"  Where does this nonsense/crap originate?  Apparently, Conservatives.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 112

Long time ago, someone noticed that the ones most loudly proclaiming their love of God spent a great deal of their time claiming anyone they disliked was also disliked by God. Some things never change. Latest version is to claim those who expose acts of hatred are acting out of hate.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 112

@Soosie wrote:

To Centristsin2010...........I am reading in other posts that many here believe that comments about religion should not be posted in a forum about Politics.  Many here believe trump is a racist, a bigot, a sexist, a misogynist and liar.  Does that change your view of trump?

I agree with them So? 

and wrote that I did not open the door to discuss religious beliefs.  So?  You did open the door about hypocrisy, that's the point, Soosie.  But you and another wanted to make it about Christianity.  Just more FAKE NEWS!!!

I believe you opened that door....you are welcome to believe anything you wish; doesn't make it fact.  The FACT is, you weren't, and still aren't, "LISTENING"!  You chose the knee-jerk reaction and choose to play the victim.

and several more joined you.  Cool.  They probably see the hypocrisy as well.

I wrote in the other posts that I agree that it should only be as the title suggests..........that it is for Political posts. That's nice.  It also suggests "current events".  Why do you choose to ignore that point, I suggest it doesn't serve those playing the victim card.

What are your thoughts?  My thoughts have been posted several times...I think they are quite clear.  When another faux-Christian cited the bible in the topic about spousal rape, did YOU complain about him inserting religion?  I believe the answer is no.  Am I mistaken?

When a faux-Christen cited the bible defending his hate for gays, did you complain to HIM about inserting religion onto a Political forum?  Again, I believe the answer is "NO"!

So you see, Soosie, the discussion I've raised isn't about religion, religion has nothing to do with it, the issue is "hypocrisy", one hypocrites won't get much sympathy by playing the victim.  Does that make sense?

If not, let's not forget YOUR GOP president, ANOTHER FAUX-CHRISTIAN, claims he goes to war which resulted in over 350,000 killed, because God told him....personally, and your Secretary of Defense claims God sent trump to save Israel, the GOP has clearly conflicted  politics and religion. So, Soosie, who combines politics and religion????  Those YOU support!!!  Throw in gay rights, pro-life, politically active evangelicals and which party couples religion with politics.  Get REAL!!!

A poster posted "sure doesn't sound like Christian values" after a faux Christian posted another one of their hateful, bigoted screeds.  Was that inserting religion?  Or, making an observation that hypocrisy was rearing it's ugly head again?

The issue isn't religion; it's the hypocrisy of some practicing these religions. IMO, some claim the issue is about religion so they can claim being a victim and whine for support from their tribe.  Very narrow-minded, IMO.  Many Cons attack Muslims when they say Islam is a religion of peace as they correctly cite the hypocrisy of radical terrorism.  Get it?

Thank you for asking, Soosie.  Now, I hope we, the forum readers, can anticipate a thoughtful, apologetic and maybe even a Christian-like response.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 112

@Soosie wrote:

What are your thoughts?

This topic belongs here because it is about the Faux Christians - those who foolishly and moronically helped Putin elect tRump - the topic is about a perverted mixture of religion and politics... 

I maintain that no real practicing Christan could possibly have overlooked tRump's serial adultery and lying and in good conscience have voted for such an obviously dishonest and unfit candidate...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 112

To Centristsin2010...........I am reading in other posts that many here believe that comments about religion should not be posted in a forum about Politics.  I agree with them and wrote that I did not open the door to discuss religious beliefs.  I believe you opened that door and several more joined you.  I wrote in the other posts that I agree that it should only be as the title suggests..........that it is for Political posts.  What are your thoughts?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 112

To the Faux Christians...God knows the difference between honesty and dishonesty...be very careful!

Belief can be solid...or a figment of your imagination!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 112

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

To all those who think supporting Repiublican policies and following Jesus is possible -think again.

I guess we must first  "think"  and 

1. Define what it is to be a Christian

You in? and can we stay within the frame work of your statement?

If Jesus were here and alive today - he would definitely NOT be a member of any of the religious groups that call themselves Christian - especially the megachurch variety...
Neither would he be a republican/conservative/trump supporter.
44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 112

@Olderscout66 wrote:

To all those who think supporting Repiublican policies and following Jesus is possible -think again.

I guess we must first  "think"  and 

1. Define what it is to be a Christian

You in? and can we stay within the frame work of your statement?

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views