Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A LITTLE READ ON TRUMPS FOREIGN HERITAGE

Message 1 of 22
no
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 22

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 22

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Empathetic to other immigrants, of course.   Most of them come from counties with harsher conditions than ours, so they understand better what people are fleeing.  

I don't get the "whose business is it" comment.   It's public information.  It's nothing to be ashamed of.   The nude photographs, on the other hand....

How is being an immigrant supposed to make one empathetic towards other immigrants?  Especially those who were attempting to take shortcuts rather than the one followed legally.

Should a person who has worked hard to have a comfortable life be emphathetic towards someone who cheated to achieve the goal?

There has been many women who have posed nude and became successful as actresses, models, etc.  Your post sounds more like there is some jealously with the First Lady.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 22

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Nobody is prejudiced. Everyone is wondering why he has no empathy, when his own family is full of immigrants. 

Having a family with immigrants is supposed make one empathic?  How so?  

Isn't his concern the people of the United States first?  And whose business except his if his wives were foreign born? 

Empathetic to other immigrants, of course.   Most of them come from counties with harsher conditions than ours, so they understand better what people are fleeing.  

I don't get the "whose business is it" comment.   It's public information.  It's nothing to be ashamed of.   The nude photographs, on the other hand....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 22

@rker321 wrote:

Oh  dear, I guess that I am mistaken, I thought you have said before that she comes from a very high family in Viet Nam. I guess I have misunderstood that she is not Asian. I am glad to see that she is more interested in the actual things that happen in this country , that just in her flowers as you have told me.

Did I say any different?  Haven't you also said that your family was also of a higher class?  And something about having to leave when Castro overthrew Batista?  Yes, she is Asian, and of the upper class.  Wouldn't you figure that since she speaks multiple languages and her being an attorney in her native country?  If not for that, I'd never have met her.  Would you like to buy a copy of my autobiography? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 22

@rker321 wrote:

I have gotten very old  perhaps senility has been eroding my brain. but I guess that being older than me,makes us target  for brain damages that we didn't encountered when we were younger. So i simply will not judge your posts on that basis.

It sounds as you are slyly saying that those of us that are oldler is slightly senile?  I've been hearing that from the many young kids that I had to babysit back when I was not in my 30s yet.  I could say that based on the many confusing posts that you might be talking about yourself. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 22

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
I'm not against foreigners at all. I just don't understand why he is so against immigrants so much when both his wives were immigrants. And he also has foreign blood in him.

My wife is an immigrant, and you should hear her views.  She can give them in six languages.  And she is very vocal about those who enter illegally.  As far as having foreign blood most all of us in this country does.  My ancestors came here from Europe, but there is also a good amount of documented Native American.

It's not about immigrants, we have friends from many countries.  But the idea is they came here legally (in spite of the adverse comments about Melania) instead of slipping across the border.

Oh  dear, I guess that I am mistaken, I thought you have said before that she comes from a very high family in Viet Nam. I guess I have misunderstood that she is not Asian. I am glad to see that she is more interested in the actual things that happen in this country , that just in her flowers as you have told me.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 22

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Nobody is prejudiced. Everyone is wondering why he has no empathy, when his own family is full of immigrants. 

Having a family with immigrants is supposed make one empathic?  How so?  

Isn't his concern the people of the United States first?  And whose business except his if his wives were foreign born? 

I have gotten very old  perhaps senility has been eroding my brain. but I guess that being older than me,makes us target  for brain damages that we didn't encountered when we were younger. So i simply will not judge your posts on that basis.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 22

@angeleyes64 wrote:
I'm not against foreigners at all. I just don't understand why he is so against immigrants so much when both his wives were immigrants. And he also has foreign blood in him.

My wife is an immigrant, and you should hear her views.  She can give them in six languages.  And she is very vocal about those who enter illegally.  As far as having foreign blood most all of us in this country does.  My ancestors came here from Europe, but there is also a good amount of documented Native American.

It's not about immigrants, we have friends from many countries.  But the idea is they came here legally (in spite of the adverse comments about Melania) instead of slipping across the border.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 22

@angeleyes64 wrote:

Wow Donald, your German and Scottish and 2 of 3 wives are foreign, it makes you wonder what your problem really is about any foreign person. 

The REAL problem is all the spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies used by liberals.  Kinda like the above.  As far as I can tell, Trump's only problem with foreigners is he believes they should abide by the laws of this country.  Funny, my parents came here from Mexico and they felt exactly the same way.  And they especially disliked people who broke the law to come here illegally because it hurt the people who were waiting to come here legally and it gave the legal immigrants that were here a bad name.  And if they were alive today there is no doubt in my mind they would tell you that liberals are just scum for making immigration as a partisan issue.

Kudos
Views