Message 21 of 28
here here!!! Absolutely.
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: A Good Story From North Carolina

Message 22 of 28

@Soosie wrote:

Here's what I think.  This article was not about religion, but was a good story about a young man who acted as a hero to save some other lives.  I find it a shame when so much of what I post has someone inject Christianity into it.  Could it be baiting since I am a Christian?  If not, why do it?  What purpose has it served for the posters who do this?  I am trying really hard to follow the guidelines here only to see some other posters not do so.  If you want an article to critize Christians, then start the thread.  Could this be a means to get my post closed?

I don't criticize Christians, I criticize sects. and I could not criticize the poster, because I don't know what religion the poster follows.On the Contrary,  I elevate Christianity to the proper place that I feel it belongs.
No, I  am not trying to close your post, I am only emitting my personal opinion, sorry that we don't agree.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 28

Here's what I think.  This article was not about religion, but was a good story about a young man who acted as a hero to save some other lives.  I find it a shame when so much of what I post has someone inject Christianity into it.  Could it be baiting since I am a Christian?  If not, why do it?  What purpose has it served for the posters who do this?  I am trying really hard to follow the guidelines here only to see some other posters not do so.  If you want an article to critize Christians, then start the thread.  Could this be a means to get my post closed?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 28

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

A US student shot dead while confronting a gunman who stormed his university has been given a hero’s send-off by classmates as his body was returned home to his family.

Friends held candles and wore homemade T-shirts reading “Riley Howell is a hero” as they paid tribute to the 21-year-old, who was killed on Tuesday.

Another student, 19-year-old Ellis Parlier, was shot dead and four others were wounded when the gunman opened fire at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte.

Police said Howell probably saved many lives by tackling shooter Trystan Andrew Terrell, who was armed with a legally obtained handgun and a large amount of ammunition.

Howell knocked over Terrell, 22, a former student at the university, buying enough time for an officer to enter the classroom and arrest him.

My comment................We need good stories like this for the Carolinas........Any North Carolina posters in this group?????

My comment....isn't it about time we do something about the easy access to guns in North Carolina, the Carolina's, Colorado and all across our land?  It would be the Christian thing to do.

This is a Constitutional issue, not a religious one.  If we were indeed a "Christian nation", this wouldn't be an issue.  Christians would be up and arms about the "issue", but alas, many are not.

And it is good to know that we still have self-sacrificing people left in our society.  Indeed.

I have to laugh when I see some manipulating Christianity as if they actually knew what it means. They simply bandy about the word as is fits them when is convenient to their cause or argument.

I wish they would really understand the word Christian. then perhaps they would  become a religion instead of a sect.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 28

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

A US student shot dead while confronting a gunman who stormed his university has been given a hero’s send-off by classmates as his body was returned home to his family.

Friends held candles and wore homemade T-shirts reading “Riley Howell is a hero” as they paid tribute to the 21-year-old, who was killed on Tuesday.

Another student, 19-year-old Ellis Parlier, was shot dead and four others were wounded when the gunman opened fire at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte.

Police said Howell probably saved many lives by tackling shooter Trystan Andrew Terrell, who was armed with a legally obtained handgun and a large amount of ammunition.

Howell knocked over Terrell, 22, a former student at the university, buying enough time for an officer to enter the classroom and arrest him.

My comment................We need good stories like this for the Carolinas........Any North Carolina posters in this group?????

My comment....isn't it about time we do something about the easy access to guns in North Carolina, the Carolina's, Colorado and all across our land?  It would be the Christian thing to do.

This is a Constitutional issue, not a religious one.  If we were indeed a "Christian nation", this wouldn't be an issue.  Christians would be up and arms about the "issue", but alas, many are not.

And it is good to know that we still have self-sacrificing people left in our society.  Indeed.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 28

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

This is a Constitutional issue, not a religious one.

And it is good to know that we still have self-sacrificing people left in our society.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 28

@Soosie wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

A Good Story From North Carolina

Message 28 of 28

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 16 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall

7 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: The Health and Financial Security of Latinos

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors