Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A FEMALE VERSION OF ... FDR 2020

Message 1 of 10

What I know of her so far I like, I hope to learn more about her positions on foreign policy, economics, health care, and immigration.

She seems to be right in line with me on issues that I consider most important.

I find one thing interesting. Her father is a social conservative. He was a Republican turned Democrat in the Hawiian Senate. He still serves in the Hawaiian Senate. The fact that Hawaii is a strong Democratic state probably had a lot to do with why he switched parties. Tulsi has on occasion, demonstrated some conservative views. Overall, she's definately a progressive. That's why I'd like to read her book - to get a clearer picture.

Tulsi is strong on the enviroment and was endorsed by Hawaii's Sierra Club.

I know she strongly opposes regime change and getting involved in, as she calls it "unnecessay wars". Probably has something to do with the fact that she was a medic in Iraq War.

She supports Medicare-for-All but would like to see at least a Public Option put into the ACA.

She opposes big money in elections and comes up with some unique ways of combating it.

Overall, from what I've learned about her, I like her as a presidential candidate. 

Here's a prediction: Democrats will nominate President and Vice-President -- "both" women.

Wht not?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@aruzinsky wrote:

Does she hide her wheelchair from the public?

I'll bet she won't hide her tax returns.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

What I know of her so far I like, I hope to learn more about her positions on foreign policy, economics, health care, and immigration.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

I liked "No PAC Money":

tulsi wins primary 84%.png

tulsi team wins.png

It's safe to say she has the support of the Sanders Wing of the Democratic Party:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

I've been wondering if she is seriously thinking about running for president. Presidential candidates usually write a book before they run.

I've looked for a book by Tulsi Gabbard and haven't been able to find any. Although I mostly like what I've learned about her, I would like to read a book by her to find out more about how she thinks.

Thanks to your link, I now know she'll be writing a book soon. (I will read it when it comes out)

On October 15, 2015 Washington Post Headline - "Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: The Democrat that Republicans love and the DNC can’t control"

Then on February 28, 2016 (four months after the Washington Post Headline) Tulsi Gabbard resigned from the DNC to endorse Bernie Sanders.
Tulsi also claimed she was disinvited to the Presidential Debate in Las Vegas. 

tulsi dnc can't control.jpg

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Does she hide her wheelchair from the public?

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Tulsi Gabbard: how a progressive rising star is a paradox for the left

“Nationally, people thought, she checks all the boxes, this is great,” said Shay Chan Hodges, an activist who unsuccessfully challenged Gabbard in 2016. “But I think people have now started looking more closely at her record and what she’s saying.”

left.....https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/10/tulsi-gabbard-how-a-progressive-rising-star-is-a-par...

A reasonable read.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

: A FEMALE VERSION OF ... FDR 2020

001.jpg

I agree with this message.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

FORTUNATELY . WE have a modern female version of FDR that will defeat the incumbent by a landslide and #WeThePeople will love her.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

A FEMALE VERSION OF ... FDR 2020

Message 10 of 10

Republican President Herbert Hoover was defeated in a landslide by Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt, the Governor of New York. The election marked the effective end of the Fourth Party System, which had been dominated by Republicans.  United States presidential election, 1932 -

Unfortunately he died April 12th four moths after the FORTH TIME he was elected president #WeThwPeople loved him.

001.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors