Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Different Point of View on Trump visits today...

Message 31 of 42

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

This morning on my phone news, I read of a woman who lost her brother and sister-in-law to the hateful shooting in El Paso. That's not what made her news worthy though; what made her news worthy was that she not only backed Trump visiting El Paso today, but she called Democrats evil for blaming his rhetoric as being part of the cause of the hatred and violence in our country.

It truly never occured to me that anyone who lost someone to one of these hateful trajedies, would actually back and welcome Trump today. 

To that woman, you have got to be kidding me. If she saw him robbing the Poor Box. she would probably rub her eyes and say to herself, "I can't believe my lying eyes." 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 42

I can understand her anger. I also understand when we are faced with horrific and murderous occurences, there is a tendency to find a villian to blame and a hero to save. I don't know if I could look upon someone as a hero when it's been their words and their actions that were the catalyst for the crime. 

I make no secret of my dislike for trump & company. He's simply not capable of being anything more than a spoiled ill-behaved child.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 42

My brain and my vocabulary are my arsenal. But thank you for your compliment!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 42

@honyb64 wrote:

Neither do I. I also read that there still Hispanic people who support him. Maybe my ingrained hatred of the orange menace colors my thoughts, but I have no idea how anyone can support the cuckolding south end of a donkey in the 1st place.

11.3.2020 cannot get here quick enough.

My goodness, you have a way with the words, that I admire. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 42

I just read her Facebook page (Vibora Anchando - Deborah). She posted the story on her Home Page.

She focused on two politicians who didn't want Trump to visit El Paso. She was angry about that and specifically at those two politicians. She refused to mention the two politicians by name. I guess we can assume they were both Democrats.

The way she posted it on Facebook, she avoided using the word Democrats.

She's angry at the two because she was looking forward to hearing what the president would say. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 42

Would this be similar to the Stockholm syndrome? Falling in love with your captors. Or following jim jones to Guyana for the kool aid festival. Or cheering for someone who just robbed or sexually assaulted you?

Count me as perplexed, this behavior is just bizarre!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 42

Neither do I. I also read that there still Hispanic people who support him. Maybe my ingrained hatred of the orange menace colors my thoughts, but I have no idea how anyone can support the cuckolding south end of a donkey in the 1st place.

11.3.2020 cannot get here quick enough.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 42

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

This morning on my phone news, I read of a woman who lost her brother and sister-in-law to the hateful shooting in El Paso. That's not what made her news worthy though; what made her news worthy was that she not only backed Trump visiting El Paso today, but she called Democrats evil for blaming his rhetoric as being part of the cause of the hatred and violence in our country.

It truly never occured to me that anyone who lost someone to one of these hateful trajedies, would actually back and welcome Trump today. 

Trump has done more to inflict pain and suffering on non-white people than any American President, so OF COURSE loyal Republicans, who gave up their morals when they followed Nixon into the Southern Strategy over 50 years ago, will cheer when Bonespur's hateful rhetoric causes the death of 31 people in the name of racial clensing.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 42

Well, there were people who followed Hitler right up until the end. 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 42

Her race was not mentioned, or at least I did not see that it was. 

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views