Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Couple of Questions About The Caravan

Message 61 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Strange that you are quick to come up with posts from 5 years ago. LMAO!  AARP and I have great memories though mine is fading quickly.. . And within minutes.  That's been noticed from some that you've done the same.....So? They too must be incredibly ill-informed.

Ok, what is the reason you are going back 5 years to dig up a post that has no bearing on a discussion today?  I don't understand the confusion.  5 years ago you provided factual information about a non-existence of an Obama phone and today your brought up the Obama phone as if it was a fact.  The non-fact (lie) hasn't changed in 5 years.  Make sense?  Most know it's best to use one's own words as a reference....they "hear" it better.....just as one here has.  But thanks for asking.....

You think that is a laughing matter, as usual?  Yep!  I find a lot a "laughing matter".....

What was that about accusing others about not displaying 'Christian values'?  I dunno....you made it up.  Are you doing so?  Never claimed to be a Christian....but thanks for asking.....

Do you think that the only thing that matters is winning, no matter the method.  No...educating the poorly informed....  That is how this is coming across.  In the minds of those who are clearly losing.....

Have a good day.  I always do.....  This has been taken completely off-topic By you......and not worth continuing.  <shrug>  Yet you go on and on and on.

Christianity has not been attacked, nor should it be, like Islam, Judism, etc.  What's been pointed out is that Christian Values have been ignored by some professing to be Christians.  And that's just fine...hypocrites are everywhere.  So?  If some want to be upset, they should be upset at those hijacking the good of the religion....like most Muslims are with Islamic terrorists.  You know, let's be fair about this.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 93

@Soosie wrote:

If the angry mob had bothered to read my questions, It appears to me it's the "angry mob" who is asking the incessant questions.....no one else is "angry".....it was not if they have a phone it was how the bill is paid. 1. How do you know the bill is paid?  2. One "not angry poster" correctly pointed out that family members are/may be paying the bill?  3. Maybe another with more means may have given them a prepaid phone....  I'm curious as to why it's such a concer to where you must insult others....

They are traveling and supposed to be in dire conditions. If you have a few buck and their life is in danger, is that dire enough?

I get a monthly bill for my service which is cheap cell phone that does little except get me calls and texts. I wonder how someone who is traveling in these conditions is paying their bills. You gotta put money in the bank some way and you gotta get it to your debtors. Nope, prepaid phones and prepaid phone cards are the rage in Central America.  Need proof?  Go to your local Wal-Mart and look at how many pre-paid cards and phones are available.

I also asked about the trash because lots of clothes are in the heaps. If I were traveling with little, I would certainly keep my clothes. That's YOU!!!  Many are receiving donations.....if there are left over donations or you can carry only so many, do you carry all those left over donations with you?  Those your kids may have out grown?  Aren't these piles Mexico's problem?  You referenced no source but your perception of what you heard.....

None of what is happening makes sense only to those with closed minds and Fox propaganda.  According to your guy, the world was going to end if Repubs weren't elected to save the world....

and the mob would rather bully than answer questions. I would agree that's what the questions are....bullying.  Then, to take the topic to bashing Christians is in my opinion foolish, ......and so is suggesting Christians are being "bashed".  and does not show good mental health.  I too am concerned about those who think Christians are being bashed.  Can you share which comment "bashed" Christians?  I must have missed it....

I think AARP should have a mental professional check this site from time to time rather than allow further decline.  A "mental professional"?  I mentioned the trash could cause disease and it can.  So do ticks and people still go camping....  Stuff like this attracts rodents that carry disease. So do ticks....and hate causes stress too.   I also doubt these people have been living in germ and disease conditions.  Which of the people you're attacking, other posters of those in the caravan, are you referring to?  It's tough to keep straight who "these people" are.  So much hate and vile....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

NOT POOR ENOUGH FOR YOU EH?

Not necessarily the thought, but just wondering why they could afford cell phones, yet claim they can't earn enough to feed their families.  But of course liberals have no problem with that... remember the Obama phones?

you mean the ones authorized during Reagan? Nice we can subsidize the telcos isnt it.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 93

Your $11 a month in this country is equivalent to much more in others. That $11 equals 224.32 pesos in Mexico, with an average daily wage of 350.62 pesos. That $11 equals 84.89 Guatemalan Quetzals or 96.27 Salvadoran Colón. That should go a long way for them to feed their family instead of having a cell phone....not including the cost of the phone........@Tex................if the angry mob had bothered to read my questions, it was not if they have a phone it was how the bill is paid. They are traveling and supposed to be in dire conditions. I get a monthly bill for my service which is cheap cell phone that does little except get me calls and texts. I wonder how someone who is traveling in these conditions is paying their bills. You gotta put money in the bank some way and you gotta get it to your debtors. I also asked about the trash because lots of clothes are in the heaps. If I were traveling with little, I would certainly keep my clothes. None of what is happening makes sense and the mob would rather bully than answer questions. Then, to take the topic to bashing Christians is in my opinion foolish, and does not show good mental health. I think AARP should have a mental professional check this site from time to time rather than allow further decline.  I mentioned the trash could cause disease and it can.  Stuff like this attracts rodents that carry disease.  I also doubt these people have been living in germ and disease conditions.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 93

@Olderscout66 wrote:

If you have a job or are looking for one, you need a PHONE. I guess GOPers figure we're still in the 1950's when everyone could find a payphone to change into Superman whenever the need arose.

Not necessarily in every country.  Americans make the mistake of comparing our way of life with that in other countries.

Your $11 a month in this country is equivalent to much more in others.   That $11 equals 224.32 pesos in Mexico, with an average daily wage of 350.62 pesos.  That $11 equals 84.89 Guatemalan Quetzals or 96.27 Salvadoran Colón.  That should go a long way for them to feed their family instead of having a cell phone....not including the cost of the phone.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Strange that you are quick to come up with posts from 5 years ago. LMAO!  AARP and I have great memories though mine is fading quickly.. . And within minutes.  That's been noticed from some that you've done the same.....So? They too must be incrediby ill-informed.

Ok, what is the reason you are going back 5 years to dig up a post that has no bearing on a discussion today?  You think that is a laughing matter, as usual?  What was that about accusing others about not displaying 'Christian values'?  Are you doing so? 

Do you think that the only thing that matters is winning, no matter the method.  That is how this is coming across. 

Have a good day.  This has been taken completely off-topic and not worth continuing.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 93

Republicans want to vilify poor people because they do not yet starve in squalor. Remember how they ranted about poor people having REFRIGERATORS as proof they weren't really poor and should not be eligible for assistance?

If you have a job or are looking for one, you need a PHONE. I guess GOPers figure we're still in the 1950's when everyone could find a payphone to change into Superman whenever the need arose.

The popular plans in Mexico cost around $11/MONTH - I guess you need disposable income below $120 PER YEAR to be a "deserving poor".

Too bad GOPers just re-spew whatever the GOPerLords feed them - if they bothered to THINK about what they believe, perhaps they'd stop believing lies and become able to act in their own best interest.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Sure do.  I also remember when a "Liberal" posted this:

Did that come from the file you keep on adversaries? Adversaries?  LMAO!!!

Strange that you are quick to come up with posts from 5 years ago. LMAO!  AARP and I have great memories though mine is fading quickly.. . And within minutes.  That's been noticed from some that you've done the same.....So? They too must be incrediby ill-informed.

But as far as your post, nope....YOUR post....humans do have the ability to change their minds along the way.  Changed one's mind?  That's funny!  Facts don't change.....Some has (sic) a problem putting aside their youthful ways from adolescence actions. Yes, some do...like those who attack kids because of their name, or call others "cop-haters" because they post facts.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Sure do.  I also remember when a "Liberal" posted this:

Did that come from the file you keep on adversaries?  Strange that you are quick to come up with posts from 5 years ago.  And within minutes.  That's been noticed from some that you've done the same.

But as far as your post, humans do have the ability to change their minds along the way.  Some has a problem putting aside their youthful ways from adolescence actions.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 93

@Soosie wrote:

Oops.........I see steam building.  Then turn off the bath water....

Kudos
Views