Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Couple of Questions About The Caravan

Message 51 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Stuff like this attracts rodents that carry disease.

Now you say they attract RODENTS.

Seems like quite a bit of emotionalism, nastiness and CAPITAL LETTERS while missing the fact that we are talking about potential illegal immigrants to our nation.

Do you agree with @Soosie that immigrant refugees attract RODENTS?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

They are traveling and supposed to be in dire conditions.

I get a monthly bill for my service which is cheap cell phone that does little except get me calls and texts.

I also asked about the trash because lots of clothes are in the heaps. If I were traveling with little, I would certainly keep my clothes.

None of what is happening makes sense and the mob would rather bully than answer questions. 

I mentioned the trash could cause disease and it can.  Stuff like this attracts rodents that carry disease.  I also doubt these people have been living in germ and disease conditions.  

Again, why do you care how they are paying their bills? That is between their cell service provider and themselves........ unless you are making an accusation toward these refugees.

On what basis are you so against these refugees? Refugees have come to this country since its inception.

Now you say they attract RODENTS. Do you think they have smallpox, leprosy, and TB like a Fox News Commentator said too??????

Do you not realize that these are people just like you and I?

Do you not realize that many people, a couple of generations back, had their grandparents and parents come here as refugees.

I think it is a shame how many are characterizing these people based on NOTHING ELSE but the XENOPHOBIC comments of the COURT JESTER that presently occupies the White House.

Seems like quite a bit of emotionalism, nastiness and CAPITAL LETTERS while missing the fact that we are talking about potential illegal immigrants to our nation.

And then there are the references to the President and FOX - neither is trying to enter illegally.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 93

@Soosie wrote:

They are traveling and supposed to be in dire conditions.

I get a monthly bill for my service which is cheap cell phone that does little except get me calls and texts.

I also asked about the trash because lots of clothes are in the heaps. If I were traveling with little, I would certainly keep my clothes.

None of what is happening makes sense and the mob would rather bully than answer questions. 

I mentioned the trash could cause disease and it can.  Stuff like this attracts rodents that carry disease.  I also doubt these people have been living in germ and disease conditions.  

Again, why do you care how they are paying their bills? That is between their cell service provider and themselves........ unless you are making an accusation toward these refugees.

On what basis are you so against these refugees? Refugees have come to this country since its inception.

Now you say they attract RODENTS. Do you think they have smallpox, leprosy, and TB like a Fox News Commentator said too??????

Do you not realize that these are people just like you and I?

Do you not realize that many people, a couple of generations back, had their grandparents and parents come here as refugees.

I think it is a shame how many are characterizing these people based on NOTHING ELSE but the XENOPHOBIC comments of the COURT JESTER that presently occupies the White House.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

"where have the "Christian Values" gone in our country?" 

Perhaps looking at the posts from some in this thread and on the forum would give an answer?  And look at them objectively.

Additionally, remember this country is made up of all religious beliefs, not just Christianity.  There are Muslims, Buddhists, etc.   Even atheists. 

You are looking at others as if Christians are supposed to be perfect..no being a Christian doesn't mean a person is perfect/.  But of course those who are Christians understands this, others don't.

Isn't this way off-topic?  Isn't that against the guidelines and TOS?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

What's been pointed out is that Christian Values have been ignored by some professing to be Christians. 

And what are the Christian Values has been showed by the one pointing them out?  No, I doubt that is the purpose.

I always enjoy when one asks a question of another and then disagree's with their own presumed answer.  Precious....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 93

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Soosie posted..

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones. Who is paying the bill for the phone?. Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what? Also, photos of where they have been has tons of trash including clothing. Do they wear disposable clothing and who is picking up this trash? Sites of the trash looks like disease waiting to happen.

Can someone here answer these questions?

========================================================

No one could give an answer...some made excuses, you know the ones...the same ones that seem to want people in to the US without going through the process we have had in place before we were born.

I also would like to know who paid for their transportation ... they did not walk all the way.

C'mon....watch Fox!  It was George Soros and all the Dems leading the Russian investigation...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

and the mob would rather bully than answer questions. I would agree that's what the questions are....bullying.  Then, to take the topic to bashing Christians is in my opinion foolish, ......and so is suggesting Christians are being "bashed".  and does not show good mental health.  I too am concerned about those who think Christians are being bashed.  Can you share which comment "bashed" Christians?  I must have missed it....

Would it be too hard to start directing your posts to the topic instead of personalities?  Personalities?  That's too funny..... I respond to the posts I choose.  But thanks for asking.....

And the topic isn't about Christians. No, it isn't.  But you sure "went there" anyway. I asked a very simple question, "and I'll ask again, "where have the "Christian Values" gone in our country?"  Simple question.....and had nothing to do about "personalities?  You ignored the simple question and decided to attack....go back and read/see for yourself.  It's all there for the world to see....

In any event a person wouldn't be attempting one-upsmanship if they are serious about discussing religion.  Couldn't tell you, but I have no interest in discussing religion.....just asking about Christian Values.  It's not that confusing....

Or qualified to be commenting as to Christian values by 'putting others down'. Really?  Who put anyone down?  What happened to "Christian Values???  One here, OK, maybe two, sure take that simple question personally....I wonder why. I thought one said they were done with the subject.....  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 93
Soosie posted..

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones. Who is paying the bill for the phone?. Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what? Also, photos of where they have been has tons of trash including clothing. Do they wear disposable clothing and who is picking up this trash? Sites of the trash looks like disease waiting to happen.

Can someone here answer these questions?

========================================================

No one could give an answer...some made excuses, you know the ones...the same ones that seem to want people in to the US without going through the process we have had in place before we were born.

I also would like to know who paid for their transportation ... they did not walk all the way.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

What's been pointed out is that Christian Values have been ignored by some professing to be Christians. 

And what are the Christian Values has been showed by the one pointing them out?  No, I doubt that is the purpose.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

and the mob would rather bully than answer questions. I would agree that's what the questions are....bullying.  Then, to take the topic to bashing Christians is in my opinion foolish, ......and so is suggesting Christians are being "bashed".  and does not show good mental health.  I too am concerned about those who think Christians are being bashed.  Can you share which comment "bashed" Christians?  I must have missed it....

Would it be too hard to start directing your posts to the topic instead of personalities?  And the topic isn't about Christians.  In any event a person wouldn't be attempting one-upsmanship if they are serious about discussing religion.  Or qualified to be commenting as to Christian values by 'putting others down'.  The topic is secular and about having questions about the Caravan. 

Kudos
Views