Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Couple of Questions About The Caravan

Message 41 of 93

@Soosie wrote:
@nctarheel................Please try hard not to offer your personal attacks. I asked questions and if you don't know the answer, just pass on by. I find it a shame that you would offer up your personal attack on me.

Then you know how we feel when you do the same.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones.  Who is paying the bill for the phone?.  Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what?

That seems like a fair question and not at all racist as suggested.  One of their complaints is that they are fleeing poverty, yet they have cell phones that they are in touch with those in their native country and elsewhere.  Where do they get the funds to afford these phones and use them if they claim they can't earn enough to live on?

The standard answer is that asking about this is racist because their skin color is different.

But then you argued with me about some of them having college diplomas.
ROFLMAO !!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 93

@Soosie wrote:

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones.  Who is paying the bill for the phone?.  Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what?  Also, photos of where they have been has tons of trash including clothing.  Do they wear disposable clothing and who is picking up this trash?  Sites of the trash looks like disease waiting to happen.

Can someone here answer these questions?

Oh, wait a minute, wait a minute, I know, I know, are you ready?  They are "Obama" phones !!!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

newer testament

"Newer Testament"?  Did you write one last night?  Nope, just documenting what a couple claiming to be Christians are claiming are Christian Values.....

The rest of your post....just more of the usual attacking of another.....12:4D "Attack others tirelessly and claim they are attacking; 12:4 E  Be like trump....if someone disagree's with you, attack them 10 times harder.

No one has been claiming here about being a Christian until you started about 'Christian Values'. Still have to ask where your Christian Values are...you know those you keep accusing others of not having?   And presuming to project YOUR values onto others?

Whenever you are ready to stop the personal attacks on others, we can continue the discussion, but on topic.  So do you want to continue the attempts at one upmanship. Or get back on the topic without involving personalities?

one-up·man·ship
noun
informal
noun: one-upmanship; noun: oneupmanship
  1. the technique or practice of gaining a feeling of superiority over another person.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

newer testament

"Newer Testament"?  Did you write one last night?  Nope, just documenting what a couple claiming to be Christians are claiming are Christian Values.....

The rest of your post....just more of the usual attacking of another.....12:4D "Attack others tirelessly and claim they are attacking; 12:4 E  Be like trump....if someone disagree's with you, attack them 10 times harder.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

newer testament

"Newer Testament"?  Did you write one last night?  Your post says much about your Christian Values that you attack others of lacking.  And even mocking the source of the Christian Values you accuse others of not having.

You determined to keep this off-topic about something with the only purpose is to attack others.  And you keep it going ad infinitum like most of your posts.

Have a good day. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 93

@Olderscout66 wrote:

I see how this would present a problem for Republicans who do not condone SHARING. But fortunately the less greedy do SHARE, so that high cost is spread among many families. Thanks for proving GOPers attitude toward those less fortunate.

Wouldn't know about problems for Republicans since I'm not associated with them or any party.  Rather consider myself more an independent American citizen.  As far as sharing, I do my part but don't go around shouting it from the mountain top.  One has to be judicious in their sharing and assisting others in order not to create a dependency. 

Talking about sharing, how much are you helping some unfortunates in these type countries or even here at home?  I liberals believe in using the government's money instead of their own. 

Another thing about liberals is their frequently using CAPITALS in their posts thinking it's cute.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

"where have the "Christian Values" gone in our country?" 

Perhaps looking at the posts from some in this thread and on the forum would give an answer?  And look at them objectively.  Thanks, Tex.....I'm still looking in the newer testament where it say's 12:3 Criticize those who have compassion for the victims of racism and hate; 12:4 concern yourself with how the poor pay their cell phone bills and 12:4a  you have no germs, but fear those 2,000 miles away that may.  12:4b Falsely claim you're being attack when one asks if My word is being followed; 12:4C - verbally assault and criticise the poor, the hungry and less fortunate and demonstrate your whiteness.

Let me know where I can find those in the "Newer" testament;

Additionally, remember this country is made up of all religious beliefs, not just Christianity.  There are Muslims, Buddhists, etc.   Even atheists. I pointed this out earlier....but thanks for restating it....it means you're "listening" and is a good "active listening" skill.

You are looking at others as if Christians are supposed to be perfect..no being a Christian doesn't mean a person is perfect/.  But of course those who are Christians understands this, others don't.  I wasn't aware by being Christian, made one think they are God and able to tell others how they are looking at others.  Quite egotistical and presumptuous.

I made a simple point....the values expressed by a couple of so-called Christians are hardly "Christian" like.....I never suggested anyone should be perfect, but they do seem to be some of the most obvious hypocrites here.  Is that OK?  Sure it is.....it's also OK to point out the obvious within the TOS.

One posts a few topics each week and NONE of them express ANY Christian values....if you find one, let me know.  They are hateful, attacking topics, IMO.  It appears some who think i's important to announce their faith seem to believe it puts them on a pedestal and that they think they're better than others and don't EVER question them....EVER, because another will jump in to attack and defend without acknowledging the obvious point.

Isn't this way off-topic?  Not really....this topic is an excellent example of the issue being discussed.......and which you said you were done discussing several posts below.  Isn't that against the guidelines and TOS? Well, we know some have reported it already because it's what they do, but "this" is about the topic.

No Christians have been hurt in the making of this discussion....wouldn't it be cool if they "see the truth" of their hate and actually acted as they claim and shared and embraced the Lord's words and love?  Isn't that a "Christian Value"?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

If you have a job or are looking for one, you need a PHONE. I guess GOPers figure we're still in the 1950's when everyone could find a payphone to change into Superman whenever the need arose.

Not necessarily in every country.  Americans make the mistake of comparing our way of life with that in other countries.

Your $11 a month in this country is equivalent to much more in others.   That $11 equals 224.32 pesos in Mexico, with an average daily wage of 350.62 pesos.  That $11 equals 84.89 Guatemalan Quetzals or 96.27 Salvadoran Colón.  That should go a long way for them to feed their family instead of having a cell phone....not including the cost of the phone.

I see how this would present a problem for Republicans who do not condone SHARING. But fortunately the less greedy do SHARE, so that high cost is spread among many families. Thanks for proving GOPers attitude toward those less fortunate.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 93

Do you agree with @Soosie that immigrant refugees attract RODENTS? @NC/tarheel...........what a twist of what was written. You either did not read the post or you wanted to twist it for your benefit. What was written was that trash attracts rodents. So, if the refugees as you like to call them put those tons of trash and just left it, yes they are attracting rodents which carry disease.

Some here have said they have family that can supply the cell phones. If they have families, then why the heck don't these families help them to build their own country? One can live without a cell phone.  Maybe some of you can call these refugees on their cell phone and tell them how bad you think our country is since some of you seem to hate it and want to see it destroyed.

Kudos
Views