From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Couple of Questions About The Caravan

Message 21 of 93

@Olderscout66 wrote:

aME-ME-MErica.

We banded to gether to form a more perfect union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.

Yes, we did - as individuals. What we did not do was to establish a system whereby all resources are jointly owned by "we the people" and distributed by the government - that is a different system.

And about your other comment, my retirement income is such I doubtless pay more in Federal taxes than you did while working. But GOPers all need to fantacize that somehow those who observe Christ's teachings MUST be on welfare, so I understand your insulting behavior.

Those "GOPers" understand that Christ's teachings laid responsibilities on the INDIVIDUAL - they were not your COLLECTIVE responsibilities.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote: (in blue text)

So $11 a month can feed their families in Guatemala or Salvador?  Really?  You know nothing of how these people acquired their phones. You seem to think that they are all so poverty stricken that they literally should have nothing, not even clothes. Got anything to support any of your bizarre claims about these people? You complain about them having phones, argue about some of them having college diplomas. Do you only want the very poorest immigrating here or would you have only the most successful immigrating here?  Make up your mind.

Why don't you make yours up? I have, people in those countries cannot "feed their families" on $11.00 a month. Wages for lower middle classes is (an) average annual income of $1,619 in US dollars. $11.00 a month is $132.00 per year, looks like your claim that they could "feed their families on $11.00 a month"  is bogus.  As far as knowing anything about these people, those in third world countries are basically the same, with the same needs. "These people"?  Quite a telling term. You throw all in third world countries into the same pot? Why? Are the countries that the migrants are coming from actually "third world countries"?  Have you had any practical experience with people in these countries? Have you had experience with the people migrating here from South America? Have you had experience with those in the caravans? If so, why do you ask so many questions and make so many false claims? In thBesides(sic) economic status isn't  legal criteria for immigration.  Yes it most certainly is "legal", many have immigrated here because of economic status.

ROFLMAO again !!!

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 93
so I understand your insulting behavior. @scout, and I am trying to understand the insulting behavior from you and some others on here. You know nothing about what I earn, my reason for working or the amount I give to charity. Also, it is not your job to judge about Christians. That is dangerous ground for you to walk on.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 93

@Soosie wrote:
@I see how this would present a problem for Republicans who do not condone SHARING. But fortunately the less greedy do SHARE, so that high cost is spread among many families. Thanks for proving GOPers attitude toward those less fortunate. @olderscout. What I don't condone is someone else deciding the charities I support. I work for my money. I don't sit on my buns all day pushing my ideas about who to help. My money, my decision about who it goes to. Maybe more of you would like to work past your retirement and pay for all you talk about helping.

Sorry to burst your Republibubble there Soosie, but this is America, not

aME-ME-MErica.

We banded to gether to form a more perfect union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.

In my generation, those who work past retirement were either really unlucky, poor planners or have no imagination. While only 31% of Americans identify with any religeon, a lot more of us hold Christ's teachings as a valuable lesson for how a society should behave, even if we don't realize where the lesson came from.

That's what built the largest most prosperous Middle Class in the History of the Planet.

Taking the Republican path and ignoring all those teachings and fixing on whatever words can be misused to condone selfishness and xenophobia has led us to this - a shrinking middle class, a refusal of our GOPer rulers to accept the Nation's committment to Social Security, Medicare and aid for the less fortunate, and a clear path to the destruction of civilization because GOP-ers are too greedy to end climate change. So instead climate change will end their grandkids, who, because of their other Republican policies, won't ever be able to retire or own their own home.

And about your other comment, my retirement income is such I doubtless pay more in Federal taxes than you did while working. But GOPers all need to fantacize that somehow those who observe Christ's teachings MUST be on welfare, so I understand your insulting behavior.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:(in blue text)

NO one said they were poor and couldn't feed their families, most fled their countries before they reached that point because jobs had become so scarce.

If one has no job then how are they going to feed their family? Who said they never had a job? Who said they didn't have some money saved?   Come to the United States where liberals will feed them?  Who said liberals would feed them? Did any of them ask anyone in America to feed them? Do you only claim such a thing only to insult? Have anything to support your claims? Where did you get funds to feed your family?  Why do you try and make this personal ?  Is that a trait of conservatives and so-called independents?

ROFLMAO once again !!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:9in blue text)

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

They claim they are heading for the U.S. because they can't feed their families, yet they can afford a cell phone and use it in international calling?

Who said they were all poor and couldn't feed their families?

Apparently you are so busy ROFLYAO that you don't read what their main excuse for coming to the Promised Land is.  Economic migrants.  You have information differently?

So "economic migrants" means that migrants cannot afford to feed their families and cannot afford cheap cell phones? Really? You have information supporting or proving this?

ROFLMAO again !!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So $11 a month can feed their families in Guatemala or Salvador?  Really?  You know nothing of how these people acquired their phones. You seem to think that they are all so poverty stricken that they literally should have nothing, not even clothes. Got anything to support any of your bizarre claims about these people? You complain about them having phones, argue about some of them having college diplomas. Do you only want the very poorest immigrating here or would you have only the most successful immigrating here?  Make up your mind.

Why don't you make yours up? Wages for lower middle classes is average annual income of $1,619 in US dollars.  As far as knowing anything about these people, those in third world countries are basically the same, with the same needs.  Have you had any practical experience with people in these countries?  In thBesides economic status isn't  legal criteria for immigration. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

They claim they are heading for the U.S. because they can't feed their families, yet they can afford a cell phone and use it in international calling?

Who said they were all poor and couldn't feed their families?

Apparently you are so busy ROFLYAO that you don't(sic 'didn't) read what their main excuse for coming to the Promised Land is.  Economic migrants.  You have information differently?

So since when does "economic migrants" mean that someone is so poor that they cannot "feed their families"? Since when does it mean that an "economic migrant" can't afford a cheap cell phone? You made the claim that someone said they were so poor that they could not feed their families. Do you have proof? Why don't you post your proof? Why haven't you posted proof? Seems like a trait of conservatives and so called independents.

ROFLMAO once again !!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 93
I see how this would present a problem for Republicans who do not condone SHARING. But fortunately the less greedy do SHARE, so that high cost is spread among many families. Thanks for proving GOPers attitude toward those less fortunate. @olderscout. What I don't condone is someone else deciding the charities I support. I work for my money. I don't sit on my buns all day pushing my ideas about who to help. My money, my decision about who it goes to. Maybe more of you would like to work past your retirement and pay for all you talk about helping.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

NO one said they were poor and couldn't feed their families, most fled their countries before they reached that point because jobs had become so scarce.

If one has no job then how are they going to feed their family?  Come to the United States where liberals will feed them?  Where did you get funds to feed your family? 

Sarcasm doesn't provide a  rational explanation  so it would behove posters to simply state the facts and then people can understand better where posters  are coming from'

As a person that realizes that we cannot take all the people that want to come to the United States. I also understand that many of these people will have to go back and really deal with what is happening in their country.

Asylum is for individuals that suffer violence or imprisonment in their country usually for their political beliefs.

It has nothing to do with hunger of violence of gang members.

It is sad that many of these people don't understand those reasons. but we ale also at fault for allowing the illegal immigrations to have grown to the proportion that it has. 

That alone provided these people with the reason as to why they think that they should be allowed to come to the US.

We are not the country of the 40's and 50's  where our economy needed an unlimited amount of immigrant We are not the supreme power any longer and we need to provide for our own citizens before we deal with others. 

Partnership on this issue doesn't help one bit.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors