Honored Social Butterfly

A Couple of Questions About The Caravan

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones.  Who is paying the bill for the phone?.  Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what?  Also, photos of where they have been has tons of trash including clothing.  Do they wear disposable clothing and who is picking up this trash?  Sites of the trash looks like disease waiting to happen.

Can someone here answer these questions?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones.  Who is paying the bill for the phone?.  Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what?  Also, photos of where they have been has tons of trash including clothing.  Do they wear disposable clothing and who is picking up this trash?  Sites of the trash looks like disease waiting to happen.

Oh, wait a minute, wait a minute, I know, I know, are you ready?  They are "Obama" phones !!!!

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Soosie posted..

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones. Who is paying the bill for the phone?. Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what? Also, photos of where they have been has tons of trash including clothing. Do they wear disposable clothing and who is picking up this trash? Sites of the trash looks like disease waiting to happen.

========================================================

No one could give an answer...some made excuses, you know the ones...the same ones that seem to want people in to the US without going through the process we have had in place before we were born.

I also would like to know who paid for their transportation ... they did not walk all the way.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Soosie posted..

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones. Who is paying the bill for the phone?. Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what? Also, photos of where they have been has tons of trash including clothing. Do they wear disposable clothing and who is picking up this trash? Sites of the trash looks like disease waiting to happen.

========================================================

No one could give an answer...some made excuses, you know the ones...the same ones that seem to want people in to the US without going through the process we have had in place before we were born.

I also would like to know who paid for their transportation ... they did not walk all the way.

C'mon....watch Fox!  It was George Soros and all the Dems leading the Russian investigation...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Many of them have family and relatives in the U.S.

Their U.S. families send money, clothes and items back home. 

There are people in poor countries around the world who worry about putting food on the table, yet they make sure they have a cell phone to keep in touch with other family members who live abroad.

Cell phones to these people are a necessity.

I used to work with someone who visited his home country on his vacation - the Philippines.

When he came back, he joked that his relatives were living in poverty, but they all had cell phones.

Honored Social Butterfly

@gordyfl wrote:

Many of them have family and relatives in the U.S.

Their U.S. families send money, clothes and items back home. 

There are people in poor countries around the world who worry about putting food on the table, yet they make sure they have a cell phone to keep in touch with other families who live abroad.

Cell phones to these people are a necessity.

Of course they are, gordy!  Just as they are to most WHITE Fox viewers.....

Image result for judge judy gif

Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones.  Who is paying the bill for the phone?.  Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what?

That seems like a fair question and not at all racist as suggested.  One of their complaints is that they are fleeing poverty, yet they have cell phones that they are in touch with those in their native country and elsewhere.  Where do they get the funds to afford these phones and use them if they claim they can't earn enough to live on?

The standard answer is that asking about this is racist because their skin color is different.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones.  Who is paying the bill for the phone?.  Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what?

That seems like a fair question and not at all racist as suggested.  One of their complaints is that they are fleeing poverty, yet they have cell phones that they are in touch with those in their native country and elsewhere.  Where do they get the funds to afford these phones and use them if they claim they can't earn enough to live on?

The standard answer is that asking about this is racist because their skin color is different.

But then you argued with me about some of them having college diplomas.
ROFLMAO !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

ROFLMAO !!!

More of that silly giggling?  That seems to be a trait of liberals here.

So have you come up with proof about those college diplomas?  Still waiting for you to post it.  Why haven't you posted it?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

ROFLMAO !!!

So have you come up with proof about those college diplomas?  Still waiting for you to post it.  Why haven't you posted it?

The giggling is a reasonable reaction to the postings by conservatives and so-called independents.

You have "proof" none have college diplomas? You have "proof" that anyone or they themselves said that "they cannot feed their families" You have proof of any of your erroneous claims bout those migrating here?  Still waiting for you to post it. Why haven't you posted it?

ROLFLMAO once more !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

ROFLMAO !!!

The giggling is a reasonable reaction to the postings by conservatives and so-called independents.

Good point. When unable to deal with the logic offered, giggle, or post a silly cartoon, or attach yourself to something inane with a "Yeah, me too".

ROLFLMAO once more !!!

Yep, there it is.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

ROFLMAO !!!

Good point. When unable to deal with the logic offered, giggle, or post a silly cartoon, or attach yourself to something inane with a "Yeah, me too".

ROLFLMAO once more !!!

Yep, there it is.

Hmmm .... I don't see a "yeah me too" option anywhere here. Why is it that Cons seem to talk about other posters instead of actually commenting on their hate filled topics?

It makes a person want to LOL !!!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

As usual, no "logic" was offered.  But it's nice of you to add your 2 peso's worth which amounted to what, another inane insult?

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You have "proof" none have college diplomas? You have "proof" that anyone or they themselves said that "they cannot feed their families" You have proof of any of your erroneous claims bout those migrating here?  Still waiting for you to post it. Why haven't you posted it?

Ok, what erroneous claims have you proved that I'm wrong?  You keep evading your claim about college graduates with diplomas being part of these caravans.  Instead you keep evading answering and still crying about a person exercising their option to change their opinion.

It's strange how you can't get over my exercising that option, and have been acting much like a bride being jilted at the alter.  Sorry I broke your heart.

You don't think that $11 a month is a chunk of change for someone making close to the equivalent a month?  People in those countries don't make the wages like here, that is one reason they would risk hardships to immigrate here at whatever cost.

Again, what makes you so knowledgeable about life in these third world countries?

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:(in blue text)

Ok, what erroneous claims have you proved that I'm wrong?  You keep evading your claim about college graduates with diplomas being part of these caravans.You keep evading/answering your claims that none have college diplomas  Instead you keep evading answering and still crying about a person exercising their option to change their opinion. No "crying" here, just denying your accusatory claims and pointing out that you offer nothing to support them.

It's strange how you can't get over my exercising that option, and have been acting much like a bride being jilted at the alter.  Sorry I broke your heart. You can't keep from getting personal with other posters. Why is that?

You don't think that $11 a month is a chunk of change for someone making close to the equivalent a month? Your question makes no sense at all. $11.00 a month will not buy food for a family, if you can show differently please do. People in those countries don't make the wages like here,No they don't but claiming that $11.00 a month will feed their family is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. that is one reason they would risk hardships to immigrate here at whatever cost. But of course they would and it seems that some conservatives and certain so-called independents want them to stay there and starve rather than come to America. Oh, the compassion and humanity.

Again, what makes you so knowledgeable about life in these third world countries? Again, what makes you so knowledgeable of those coming here from these South American countries? The claims you made about $11.00 dollars a month feeding a family would indicate you know very little.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You keep evading/answering your claims that none have college diplomas No "crying" here, just denying your accusatory claims and pointing out that you offer nothing to support them.

Sorry I broke your heart. You can't keep from getting personal with other posters. Why is that?

Again, what makes you so knowledgeable of those coming here from these South American countries? The claims you made about $11.00 dollars a month feeding a family would indicate you know very little.

I wasn't the one who brought up about college educated people was migrating with the caravan.  It came from you.  Now when asked to provide proof, you attempt to pass it to me.  That shows that you have no idea and now you revert to the liberal attempt to blame others, in this case me.

And I'm not the one who attempts to get personal by going after another exercising their right to change their opinion when they realize I can't go along with those who twist the facts.  Again, there is the liberal habit of attempting to blame when backed to the wall.  You've been bringing this up since the election in fall 2016.

And yes I'm familiar with economics in third world countries.  The cost of living is a lot lower in these countries than here in the U.S.  Remember in most tropical or semi-tropical countries basic foods cost less.  Have you actually been in countries like that to be able to say someone else is wrong?

Additionally our standard of living is higher than in such countries, thus the cost of living is also higher.  Compare the average annual income in these countries is around 1,500 U.S., so the daily expenses would lower than here. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

ROFLMAO !!!

ROLFLMAO once more !!!

Right you are Chas.  The comments posted as fact keep many of us ROTFLOAS...

Image result for calvin and hobbes laughing

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

ROFLMAO !!!

So do you have proof that they don't?  Do you have "proof" that these people acquired phones in some 'wrong' way? Can you prove most anything you have posted on this topic?  Why haven't you posted it? Still waiting for you to post it. Why haven't you posted it?  It all seems to be a trait of so called independents and conservatives here.

ROFLMAO again !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

The real standard answer is, "Why is it important to you how they pay for their cell phones." unless you are accusing them of having cellphones gotten through nefarious means.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

The real standard answer is, "Why is it important to you how they pay for their cell phones." unless you are accusing them of having cellphones gotten through nefarious means.

Perhaps you should brush up on your mind reading skills....the question was how they could afford cell phones when they are complaining they can't afford to feed their families.  That is the excuse they are using for coming to the promised land. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Perhaps you should brush up on your mind reading skills....the question was how they could afford cell phones when they are complaining they can't afford to feed their families.  That is the excuse they are using for coming to the promised land. 

NO one said they were poor and couldn't feed their families, most fled their countries before they reached that point because jobs had become so scarce. What alternate reality of yours are you referring to in making such a far-fetched claim?

So anyone that tries to immigrate to the United States needs to be poor and not be able to "feed their families"?

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

NO one said they were poor and couldn't feed their families, most fled their countries before they reached that point because jobs had become so scarce.

If one has no job then how are they going to feed their family?  Come to the United States where liberals will feed them?  Where did you get funds to feed your family? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:(in blue text)

NO one said they were poor and couldn't feed their families, most fled their countries before they reached that point because jobs had become so scarce.

If one has no job then how are they going to feed their family? Who said they never had a job? Who said they didn't have some money saved?   Come to the United States where liberals will feed them?  Who said liberals would feed them? Did any of them ask anyone in America to feed them? Do you only claim such a thing only to insult? Have anything to support your claims? Where did you get funds to feed your family?  Why do you try and make this personal ?  Is that a trait of conservatives and so-called independents?

ROFLMAO once again !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If one has no job then how are they going to feed their family?  Come to the United States where liberals will feed them?  Where did you get funds to feed your family? 

Sarcasm doesn't provide a  rational explanation  so it would behove posters to simply state the facts and then people can understand better where posters  are coming from'

As a person that realizes that we cannot take all the people that want to come to the United States. I also understand that many of these people will have to go back and really deal with what is happening in their country.

Asylum is for individuals that suffer violence or imprisonment in their country usually for their political beliefs.

It has nothing to do with hunger of violence of gang members.

It is sad that many of these people don't understand those reasons. but we ale also at fault for allowing the illegal immigrations to have grown to the proportion that it has. 

That alone provided these people with the reason as to why they think that they should be allowed to come to the US.

We are not the country of the 40's and 50's  where our economy needed an unlimited amount of immigrant We are not the supreme power any longer and we need to provide for our own citizens before we deal with others. 

Partnership on this issue doesn't help one bit.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Republicans want to vilify poor people because they do not yet starve in squalor. Remember how they ranted about poor people having REFRIGERATORS as proof they weren't really poor and should not be eligible for assistance?

If you have a job or are looking for one, you need a PHONE. I guess GOPers figure we're still in the 1950's when everyone could find a payphone to change into Superman whenever the need arose.

The popular plans in Mexico cost around $11/MONTH - I guess you need disposable income below $120 PER YEAR to be a "deserving poor".

Too bad GOPers just re-spew whatever the GOPerLords feed them - if they bothered to THINK about what they believe, perhaps they'd stop believing lies and become able to act in their own best interest.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

If you have a job or are looking for one, you need a PHONE. I guess GOPers figure we're still in the 1950's when everyone could find a payphone to change into Superman whenever the need arose.

Not necessarily in every country.  Americans make the mistake of comparing our way of life with that in other countries.

Your $11 a month in this country is equivalent to much more in others.   That $11 equals 224.32 pesos in Mexico, with an average daily wage of 350.62 pesos.  That $11 equals 84.89 Guatemalan Quetzals or 96.27 Salvadoran Colón.  That should go a long way for them to feed their family instead of having a cell phone....not including the cost of the phone.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Not necessarily in every country.  Americans make the mistake of comparing our way of life with that in other countries.

Your $11 a month in this country is equivalent to much more in others.   That $11 equals 224.32 pesos in Mexico, with an average daily wage of 350.62 pesos.  That $11 equals 84.89 Guatemalan Quetzals or 96.27 Salvadoran Colón.  That should go a long way for them to feed their family instead of having a cell phone....not including the cost of the phone.

So $11 a month can feed their families in Guatemala or Salvador?  Really?  You know nothing of how these people acquired their phones. You seem to think that they are all so poverty stricken that they literally should have nothing, not even clothes. Got anything to support any of your bizarre claims about these people? You complain about them having phones, argue about some of them having college diplomas. Do you only want the very poorest immigrating here or would you have only the most successful immigrating here?  Make up your mind.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So $11 a month can feed their families in Guatemala or Salvador?  Really?  You know nothing of how these people acquired their phones. You seem to think that they are all so poverty stricken that they literally should have nothing, not even clothes. Got anything to support any of your bizarre claims about these people? You complain about them having phones, argue about some of them having college diplomas. Do you only want the very poorest immigrating here or would you have only the most successful immigrating here?  Make up your mind.

Why don't you make yours up? Wages for lower middle classes is average annual income of $1,619 in US dollars.  As far as knowing anything about these people, those in third world countries are basically the same, with the same needs.  Have you had any practical experience with people in these countries?  In thBesides economic status isn't  legal criteria for immigration. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote: (in blue text)

Why don't you make yours up? I have, people in those countries cannot "feed their families" on $11.00 a month. Wages for lower middle classes is (an) average annual income of $1,619 in US dollars. $11.00 a month is $132.00 per year, looks like your claim that they could "feed their families on $11.00 a month"  is bogus.  As far as knowing anything about these people, those in third world countries are basically the same, with the same needs. "These people"?  Quite a telling term. You throw all in third world countries into the same pot? Why? Are the countries that the migrants are coming from actually "third world countries"?  Have you had any practical experience with people in these countries? Have you had experience with the people migrating here from South America? Have you had experience with those in the caravans? If so, why do you ask so many questions and make so many false claims? In thBesides(sic) economic status isn't  legal criteria for immigration.  Yes it most certainly is "legal", many have immigrated here because of economic status.

ROFLMAO again !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why don't you make yours up? I have, people in those countries cannot "feed their families" on $11.00 a month. Wages for lower middle classes is (an) average annual income of $1,619 in US dollars.

ROFLMAO again !!!

Rolling around with that giggling again?   How are you to know how far $11 US will go?  

Of course it wouldn't feed families, but consider $11 out of an annual income of $1,619.  What makes you an authority on living in those third world countries?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png