Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Couple of Questions About The Caravan

Message 11 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I have no interest in answering your baiting questions.

You just answered them all.

Now can we get back to the topic?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010

Would you be thinking that you are an authority about what makes one a 'True Christian'?  Or anyone who has 'Christian Values'?  If so, what qualifies you to judge others?

Since you ask.....

1. I think one doesn't need to be an authority to read a comment and assess whether or not it reflects a "Christian Value";

2.  I think one plays their "upmanship game" everytime they ask someone, "what makes you the authority" or boasts about what they've done in their past.

3.  Since you RARELY answer other posters questions, I have no interest in answering your baiting questions.

But thanks for asking......

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 93

@Centristsin2010

Would you be thinking that you are an authority about what makes one a 'True Christian'?  Or anyone who has 'Christian Values'?  If so, what qualifies you to judge others?

Would you think that someone who continually attacks others or make up falsehoods to accuse others of wrongdoing; or speads gossip they engineer about others would be considered a 'True Christian' or someone who has 'Christian Values'? 

Is there a reason you keep this thread off-topic by ignoring that it is supposed to be about the migrant caravan?

Don't you think that it about time to return this to a civil discussion about the topic matter?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I wasn't aware by being Christian, made one think they are God and able to tell others how they are looking at others.  Quite egotistical and presumptuous.

Yes you are, but that's your problem.  I was never impressed with the, "same to you but more of it" approach.  It was quite lame then as it is now.

The question is if a person doesn't claim to be a Christian, has no idea of what the scriptures says about being one, yet presumes to criticize them, even claiming to have written a 'newer' testament on the topic...wrong again.....the Christians have attempted to write a "newer testament"....please keep the discussion straight.....how can they say what it's like being one?  No one has!  What was asked was, "what happened to Christian Values?" You seem to not want to acknowledge that and falsely claim some criticized Christians.

You seem to have a problem with one being a Christian, wrong AGAIN!  It's a pattern....  You're making crap up to attack others.....must be a "NEW Christian value, eh?  I posted several times that Real Christians are deserving of respect, and in some cases, adoration.  But I don't see those blowing up clinics as "Real Christians", do you?  Nor those who purposely make up things to attack someone; complain about the germs on the indigent, etc.  Do you???

And you even take another topic completely off-topic to vent your dislike of anyone choosing to be one. Wrong again....  Just asked "what happened to our Christian Values?  So you went sideways with your attacks, presuming you knew what my intent was, falsely claiming I was attacking Christians.....none of which is/was true....or factual.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The giggling is a reasonable reaction to the postings by conservatives and so-called independents.

You have "proof" none have college diplomas? You have "proof" that anyone or they themselves said that "they cannot feed their families" You have proof of any of your erroneous claims bout those migrating here?  Still waiting for you to post it. Why haven't you posted it?

Ok, what erroneous claims have you proved that I'm wrong?  You keep evading your claim about college graduates with diplomas being part of these caravans.  Instead you keep evading answering and still crying about a person exercising their option to change their opinion.

It's strange how you can't get over my exercising that option, and have been acting much like a bride being jilted at the alter.  Sorry I broke your heart.

You don't think that $11 a month is a chunk of change for someone making close to the equivalent a month?  People in those countries don't make the wages like here, that is one reason they would risk hardships to immigrate here at whatever cost.

Again, what makes you so knowledgeable about life in these third world countries?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I wasn't aware by being Christian, made one think they are God and able to tell others how they are looking at others.  Quite egotistical and presumptuous.

Yes you are, but that's your problem.  The question is if a person doesn't claim to be a Christian, has no idea of what the scriptures says about being one, yet presumes to criticize them, even claiming to have written a 'newer' testament on the topic...how can they say what it's like being one?

You seem to have a problem with one being a Christian, yet you have no idea of what it's like to be one...yet you are telling others about Christian Values, etc? 

And you even take another topic completely off-topic to vent your dislike of anyone choosing to be one.  Galatians 6:7 

How long are you going to keep this off-topic discussion going? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

But then you argued with me about some of them having college diplomas.
ROFLMAO !!!

More of that silly giggling?  That seems to be a trait of liberals here.

So have you come up with proof about those college diplomas?  Still waiting for you to post it.  Why haven't you posted it?

The giggling is a reasonable reaction to the postings by conservatives and so-called independents.

You have "proof" none have college diplomas? You have "proof" that anyone or they themselves said that "they cannot feed their families" You have proof of any of your erroneous claims bout those migrating here?  Still waiting for you to post it. Why haven't you posted it?

ROLFLMAO once more !!!

Right you are Chas.  The comments posted as fact keep many of us ROTFLOAS...

Image result for calvin and hobbes laughing

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

But then you argued with me about some of them having college diplomas.
ROFLMAO !!!

More of that silly giggling?  That seems to be a trait of liberals here.

So have you come up with proof about those college diplomas?  Still waiting for you to post it.  Why haven't you posted it?

ROLFLMAO once more !!!

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

newer testament

"Newer Testament"?  Did you write one last night?  Nope, just documenting what a couple claiming to be Christians are claiming are Christian Values.....

The rest of your post....just more of the usual attacking of another.....12:4D "Attack others tirelessly and claim they are attacking; 12:4 E  Be like trump....if someone disagree's with you, attack them 10 times harder.

No one has been claiming here about being a Christian until you started about 'Christian Values'.  Wrong again!!!!  Two posters commenting to this thread, one MANY times.  I could post several of those posts if you'd like, but you'd have to promise not to attack me with your lame claim about adversaries...but one of them is in the topic about spousal abuse.....  Let's not forget that I asked, "I asked yesterday, and I'll ask again, "where have the "Christian Values" gone in our country?" and one here, flew off the handle, attacked me endlessly, claims I attacked Christians, obviously playing his "one-upmanship" game.

It would have been interesting if you had just tried to answer the question about Christian Values vs. the aggressive and defensive responses.  The fact one chose to take the tact they did speaks volumes.

Still have to ask where your Christian Values are...why?  I don't boast about being a Christian.  you know those you keep accusing others of not having?  Yep, those like attacking others who share compassion towards victims of racism, bigotry, etc.  That Christian Value? Or posting untruths?  Or attacking the downtrodden, and the victims of violence?  And presuming to project YOUR values onto others?  I wish I could project my values on to them; but if Jesus couldn't, I won't even bother. 

Whenever you are ready to stop the personal attacks on others, we can continue the discussion, but on topic.  1.  I haven't attacked anyone....I asked what happened to our "Christian Values" and you attacked.  Like I said previously, if you provided a thoughtful response, and considered the point, we would have been much further along discussing the topic.  2.  You are always welcome to "continue the discussion "on topic", but it appears you chose to defend Christians.

So, do YOU think this topic reflects the values of the self proclaimed Christians?  It sure looks like one who practices Judaism is practicing what many would consider far more Christian like behavior.  Interestingly, that poster sure demonstrates the love and compassion Jesus taught.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why don't you make yours up? I have, people in those countries cannot "feed their families" on $11.00 a month. Wages for lower middle classes is (an) average annual income of $1,619 in US dollars.

ROFLMAO again !!!

Rolling around with that giggling again?   How are you to know how far $11 US will go?  

Of course it wouldn't feed families, but consider $11 out of an annual income of $1,619.  What makes you an authority on living in those third world countries?

Kudos
Views