Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Couple of Questions About The Caravan

Message 71 of 93
Sure! I remember the lies created by Conservatives who called them "Obama Phones" when the program began and was approved by Bush. Remember??? Oops.........I see steam building.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

NOT POOR ENOUGH FOR YOU EH?

Not necessarily the thought, but just wondering why they could afford cell phones,

Sure do.  I also remember when a "Liberal" posted this:

TxGrandpa2
Kudos
Views

RE: Obama cell phone tolls $2.2B for 2012

Message 3 of 25

Lifeline Program for Low-Income Consumers

www.fcc.gov/lifeline

Since 1985, the Lifeline program has provided a discount on phone service for qualifying low-income consumers to ensure that all Americans have the opportunities and security that phone service brings, including being able to connect to jobs, family and emergency services. In 2005, Lifeline discounts were made available to qualifying low-income consumers on pre-paid wireless service plans in addition to traditional landline service. Lifeline is part of the Universal Service Fund.

More information from the government at the link....

Someone needs to start doing research before repeating rumors heard elsewhere.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Not necessarily the thought, but just wondering why they could afford cell phones, yet claim they can't earn enough to feed their families.  But of course liberals have no problem with that... remember the Obama phones?

Sure!  I remember the lies created by Conservatives who called them "Obama Phones" when the program began and was approved by Bush.  Remember???

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 93

@MIseker wrote:

Not necessarily the thought, but just wondering why they could afford cell phones, yet claim they can't earn enough to feed their families.  But of course liberals have no problem with that... remember the Obama phones?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
A standard reply from the right : you aren't poor if you own a cell phone.
Oppressed people don't have cell phones.
Disadvantaged people don't have cell phones.

They claim they are heading for the U.S. because they can't feed their families, yet they can afford a cell phone and use it in international calling?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 93

@Soosie wrote:
It is clear that these people, who happen to be a darker skin, are being met by the same bias that many darker skinned people have experienced when approaching our wonderful land.@TarHeel............I hate to be the one to break this bad news to you, but not all non-white people are saints. There are some criminals with skin that is not white. I didn't mention the color of the skin, you jumped in to offer your personal attack. The photos of the trash piled so high one can't see over or around it is a disgrace. I don't want this kind of filthy trash in my area. If you want it in yours, perhaps you can spend a month or so picking it up. And yes, it does breed rats, disease and God knows what else. Our wonderful land as you call it can be destroyed by people who want to destroy and people who only have hatred for whites can allow it.

How amazingly Republican. First, because SOME criminals are NOT white, take action to treat ALL not-white people like criminals.

Then create a situation where there is a large tale-gate party that goes on for weeks, and claim NO responsibility for the lack of trash pickup.

Then end with the battle cry of the rapacious Republican racist:

NOT IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD DARKIE!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

The real standard answer is, "Why is it important to you how they pay for their cell phones." unless you are accusing them of having cellphones gotten through nefarious means.

Perhaps you should brush up on your mind reading skills....the question was how they could afford cell phones when they are complaining they can't afford to feed their families.  That is the excuse they are using for coming to the promised land. 

Perhaps you should brush up on your mind reading skills....indeed!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 93

Image result for judge judy gif

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

The real standard answer is, "Why is it important to you how they pay for their cell phones." unless you are accusing them of having cellphones gotten through nefarious means.

Perhaps you should brush up on your mind reading skills....the question was how they could afford cell phones when they are complaining they can't afford to feed their families.  That is the excuse they are using for coming to the promised land. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 93

@MIseker wrote:
A standard reply from the right : you aren't poor if you own a cell phone.
Oppressed people don't have cell phones.
Disadvantaged people don't have cell phones.

They claim they are heading for the U.S. because they can't feed their families, yet they can afford a cell phone and use it in international calling?

Kudos
Views