AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Couple of Questions About The Caravan

Message 81 of 93

@Soosie wrote:

I hate to be the one to break this bad news to you, but not all non-white people are saints. And neither are white people.....sure blows another posters fantasy that Conservatives see "people as people" out of the water....most knew it was bogus anyway. There are some criminals with skin that is not white. And most criminals are white...

It's also worth noting South Carolina is usually in the top 10 of most violent crimes per capita....as it is this year....in fact, not surprisingly, 9 of the 10 states with the most crime are RED states, as they usually are each year (and the BLUE states populate the states with the least violent crime.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-dangerous-states-in-the-u-s.html

Is it any wonder Fox focuses on crime?  The Red states constituents should be addressing this matter with the RED leaders....it's not a Federal issue......

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 93

@gordyfl wrote:

Many of them have family and relatives in the U.S.

Their U.S. families send money, clothes and items back home. 

There are people in poor countries around the world who worry about putting food on the table, yet they make sure they have a cell phone to keep in touch with other families who live abroad.

Cell phones to these people are a necessity.

Of course they are, gordy!  Just as they are to most WHITE Fox viewers.....

Image result for judge judy gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 93

Right you are, NC.  The haters sure do hate....and the fear-mongering?  Just laughable....

But I understand the topic authors concern about litter.....South Carolina is always in the top 10 of the states with the most litter and this year Texas tops the list, as it frequently does....

I too find it sad that the bias of many Conservatives is so evident and most of them act as if they have no self awareness and feign "what?  I'm not racist".  I asked yesterday, and I'll ask again, "where have the "Christian Values" gone in our country?

MIseeker....good link to answer that "oh so un-biased question.....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 93

Many of them have family and relatives in the U.S.

Their U.S. families send money, clothes and items back home. 

There are people in poor countries around the world who worry about putting food on the table, yet they make sure they have a cell phone to keep in touch with other family members who live abroad.

Cell phones to these people are a necessity.

I used to work with someone who visited his home country on his vacation - the Philippines.

When he came back, he joked that his relatives were living in poverty, but they all had cell phones.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

When I see photos of the people in the caravan, they all seem to have cell phones.  Who is paying the bill for the phone?.  Are they paying the monthly charges on line or what?

The standard answer is that asking about this is racist because their skin color is different.

The real standard answer is, "Why is it important to you how they pay for their cell phones." unless you are accusing them of having cellphones gotten through nefarious means.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 93

@Soosie wrote:
@nctarheel................Please try hard not to offer your personal attacks. I asked questions and if you don't know the answer, just pass on by. I find it a shame that you would offer up your personal attack on me.

I have neither launched a personal attack nor have I called anyone a racist, other than Donald Trump.

To attribute negative connotations toward the refugees use of cell phones is a stretch by any means of the imagination. Do people ask you if you can afford your cell phone?

And, to attribute their trash as being infested with disease; where did that come from. My trash has no disease, your trash has no disease, my neighbors trash has no disease..... why in the world would you accuse their trash of disease?

One of the talking heads on FOX a couple of weeks ago said these people had smallpox, leprosy, and TB. Is that where you got your information????????

By the way, SMALLPOX was eradicated worldwide 38 years ago.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 93
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 93
It is clear that these people, who happen to be a darker skin, are being met by the same bias that many darker skinned people have experienced when approaching our wonderful land.@TarHeel............I hate to be the one to break this bad news to you, but not all non-white people are saints. There are some criminals with skin that is not white. I didn't mention the color of the skin, you jumped in to offer your personal attack. The photos of the trash piled so high one can't see over or around it is a disgrace. I don't want this kind of filthy trash in my area. If you want it in yours, perhaps you can spend a month or so picking it up. And yes, it does breed rats, disease and God knows what else. Our wonderful land as you call it can be destroyed by people who want to destroy and people who only have hatred for whites can allow it.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 93
A standard reply from the right : you aren't poor if you own a cell phone.
Oppressed people don't have cell phones.
Disadvantaged people don't have cell phones.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 93
@nctarheel................Please try hard not to offer your personal attacks. I asked questions and if you don't know the answer, just pass on by. I find it a shame that you would offer up your personal attack on me.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors