AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 92% have bought from Amazon

Message 1 of 16

@jfpinlvn wrote:

@Cirice wrote:
I NEVER shop at Walmart, no matter what. I never have and I never will.

But you miss the entertainment  Smiley LOL

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

That's horrifying 😧 I think that must be where Jerry Springer finds his guests lol

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16
Oceanflower posted..

Kid - Amazon does nothing to help our local economy expect the people that deliver their packages.

Amazon employes over half a million people and plans to hire thousands more. They all live in a "local economy" somewhere. Wouldn't you agree?

No, and I posted why.

If you live were they have a distribution center that is a different story.

BTW Walmart also has many distribution centers.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

This is actually a pretty good analogy to what is happening in the American economy today.  Steel tariffs to protect the steel industry but the new mill opening up will product 3 times (!) the steel, employ 1/5 of the workers, and require skill sets learned in apprenticeships or community college.  Gone are the days of  a high school dropout walking into a factory anywhere in the world and getting a good job. 

The same with coal and nuclear.  Trump is going to require that a certain amount of electricity be purchased from each in order to prop them up. That is a tactic you use when your technology and industry is in its infancy. 

Canada used their money to build infrastructure and develop job training programs for their citizens.  It is really paying off in wage growth and economic growth. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

@jfpinlvn wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

God yes. Our Walmat is tattoo central and I am amazed at how many elaborate tattoos can be so badly done. I also suspect the pictures in your link are of people in the 8% who have never shopped online.  LOL

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

@Cirice wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

jfpin - Guess you have to decide whether you want to give your money the Waltons or Jeff Bezos.

That is not a difficult decision.  I do both depending on what is needed, how soon.  If I could do all with Amazon I would and I love "Reviews".  All those customer service people kid doesn't think exist do a really, really good job.  dt doesn't know, is not concerned about that aspect of a successful business either.  He just wants to punch somebody, that's all.  Kind of like this but Biglee.

Kid - Amazon does nothing to help our local economy expect the people that deliver their packages.

Amazon employes over half a million people and plans to hire thousands more.  They all live in a "local economy" somewhere.  Wouldn't you agree?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The BIG difference between Walmart and Amazon in our City is Walmart employees people, several hundred...they spend money on local advertising..they pay tons in local taxes.

Amazon does nothing to help our local economy expect the people that deliver their packages.

You must live on a deserted island or something...

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

@Richva wrote:

Two thirds of all Americans have bought something online.  92%  of them have bought something from Amazon. 64% of them are Amazon Prime subscribers and 67% of all Amazon Prime subscribers TRUST Amazon to protect their information. 

Apartment and condo buildings all over America are redesigning their package delivery rooms to handle the overflow of brown packages. 

So what?  Amazon is a successful company. Big deal? No, this is a huge long term change in the way America shops which is a change in the way America is employed and how our economy works. When Toys-R-Us came along they destroyed most local toy stores and departments.  Then, Walmart came along and helped to bankrupt Toys-R-Us along with many local stores. Now, Amazon is pushing Walmart and Walmart can't figure a way to fight back. 

I get my razor blades, soap, and dog food from Amazon and we have a Walmart within 2 miles of our home. My wife ordered toilet paper when she could not find her brand when shopping at Walmart. 

Conservatives beware, change is again coming to town. 

I'm an Amazon Prime member and I do the majority of my shopping there. I live in a condo in a gated community and most of my packages are delivered to my front door. The packages that are delivered by USPS that are too large for my mailbox are either delivered to one of the locked parcel boxes in the mail room, or they are delivered to my front door.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

@jfpinlvn wrote:

We do Amazon & Walmart. Walmart is trying. You can order online and pick at the store. They bring your stuff right to the car here. But you do have to get off your butt and go to the store.

Guess you have to decide whether you want to give your money the Waltons or Jeff Bezos.

The majority of consumers take the least expensive and most convenient options. Something about how the free enterprise system takes obsolete business models out of the gene pool. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

We do Amazon & Walmart. Walmart is trying. You can order online and pick at the store. They bring your stuff right to the car here. But you do have to get off your butt and go to the store.

Guess you have to decide whether you want to give your money the Waltons or Jeff Bezos.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22