Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 80% AMERICANS OVERWHELMINGLY OPPOSE SANCTUARY CITIES

Message 41 of 108

@rker321 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Unfettered illegal inmigration is not a positive thing that we should want in our country. We should all want to have inmigration laws that are respected and enforced.

During Obama's eight years we never had "unfettered"  illegal immigration.

And what do you call having over 64,000 minors left at our borders? Just because Mexicans were not coming at the rate that they had always come, that doesn't mean that the rest of illegals stayed home.

And what do you call Obama sending more back to Mexico than any president has in our recent history?

What do you want to be done with these children?

"unfettered" is a poor choice of words. The extremity of 'building a wall' just isn't the answer.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 108

@rker321 wrote:

Unfettered illegal inmigration is not a positive thing that we should want in our country. We should all want to have inmigration laws that are respected and enforced.

And what do you call having over 64,000 minors left at our borders? Just because Mexicans were not coming at the rate that they had always come, that doesn't mean that the rest of illegals stayed home.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 108

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 108

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

---

We didn't?  But do you disagree with Rker's comments?  Do you think that we should have immigration laws that are respected and enforced?  Are those on the books being enforced unfairly?

Do you think that these illegals are being fair to those who obeyed the laws and immigrated legally?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 108

@rker321 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 108

@pc6063 wrote:

NBC reported last night that some people are readying their houses so that undocumented workers could hid in them. Yeah,Trump is sure pushing us into the future.  In one month, we are again hiding human beings. 

If we are now, not going to recognize the fact that someone is doing something about illegal immigration that would be foolish.

I will agree that the manner may not be to everyone's liking. but the action remains the same as the the goal.

By simply stating that "they are not compassionate"  they are disrupting families and all the other negative phrases that I have seen, don't fix the problem. 
Not understanding that we are seeing the evolution of a problem that has lasted in this country for several decades. 
If now, is  being implemented in a manner that we don't like, is a problem, but, we need to have Congress involved on this issue, and have the laws that will be enforced and send the message, that the United States welcomes immigrants that come here, legally,and are ready to respect our culture and our laws.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 108

NBC reported last night that some people are readying their houses so that undocumented workers could hid in them. Yeah,Trump is sure pushing us into the future.  In one month, we are again hiding human beings. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 108

@umbarch64 - There was a time that Texas ranchers were all to happy to facilitate undocumented workers coming in to build fences and tend cattle on their ranches. They would put them up in dirty little shacks and bring them food. The workers would typically stay about 6 months and then take their money back to family in Mexico. And if the sheriff came around, the rancher would just put a little extra money into his campaign fund, or such. You get the idea...

The only difference today is that jobs have changed. Maybe they work in construction, janitorial, yard work or landscaping, or mostly farm labor, How anyone can resent these poor people whose only crime is to cross the border looking for work, is beyond me. All they need are work permits, and Congress could fix that. There would be no need for sanctuary cities.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 108

I love the motto of the site. "Exposing real news the major media will not report".  THAT gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the entire article. 

I was reading about these Alt-Right  (white supremacists) surveys this afternoon.  It appears to be all the rage. First, they are presented to the people who already subscribe to Alt-Right publications. Then, they can be forwarded to friends (of people who subscribe to Alt-Right publications) so it is a self-selected audience. 

Then, the questions are similar to "How do you feel about sanctuary cities? Hate them, loath them, they should be bombed our of existence".  Getting to 80% is not an issue this way but the people who take this nonsense and run with it really should examine their approach to logic. 

I would love to see the actual survey questions. I bet they are a hoot. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 108

@umbarch64 wrote:

I'll just bet that guy "Hightower" knows and has data on it.  He may have statistics even for States WITH sanctuary cities.  Just thought you might know too.. being that it goes on in your own back yard...so to speak. 

--

Not sure what you are trying to get at, but to use a Will Rogers quote, "All I know is just what I read in the papers".  Might include what I come across on the internet. 

So with that, I'll leave it to you to wonder about whatever you want....but you did say you read his columns or something didn't you?  Why not ask him?

But being in Texas, if that is my back yard, it's a mighty big back yard, so it would be difficult knowing what goes on in the entire state.  I have my hands full taking care of my acreage.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22