Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 70% Americans Agree

Message 41 of 99

@jj4783 wrote:
Distortion? Look, the young healthy people did not buy insurance like Obama told the insurance companies would happen. If you want government health care then if you are a vet you can go to the VA. That is the model the government would follow if a single payer plan or socialized medicine came about. Noproblems with that right??????

News Flash for GOPers seeking to defame PPACA:

Healthy Young People do not buy helath insurance because their brains are not fully developed, leading them into a statistically significant higher number of risky behaviors then they will undertake as mentally mature adults. It's well documented, and for proof I offer the fact people under 25 find it almost impossible to rent a car these days.

That's why President Obama had the good sense to make participation MANDITORY, and why the only thing Der Trumper and the GOPers could do to try and kill Obamacare was to let the reckless behavior (refusing to get insurance when given the chance) of young people drive up the costs for eveyone else and cause more people to drop coverage which makes the program look bad even if the problem is 100% Republican in origin.

The lofo's still supporting Der Trumper will think the addition of parasites was a brilliant move by their leaders, but there's not enough of them if people of good will and common sense get to the polls and

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 99

@Olderscout66 wrote:

American's support for a single-payer Universal coverage program (now at 70%) has been growing since 2014 and continues to grow.

The only opposition is from the far far right who prefer the poor and their children just sicken and die like Nature intended.

70% of the poll numbers support single payer coverage, not 70% of the citizens! Polls lie - polls said Hillary would be President.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 99

@Olderscout66 wrote:

American's support for a single-payer Universal coverage program (now at 70%) has been growing since 2014 and continues to grow.

The only opposition is from the far far right who prefer the poor and their children just sicken and die like Nature intended.

That is a very childish and offensive claim. What is wrong with Medicaid taking care of the poor and their children.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 99

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes, it has worked quite well for me. If you want insurance for the poor, we have Medicaid - expand it.

It does not need expanding as we have care for all, and you are paying for it, and you have high cost Insurance that does not work well for you but you do not even realize that. How sad, but points out why the US has trouble solving the problem.

What is wrong with allowing people who are happy with their insurance coverage to keep it and provide the services you want for the poor using Medicaid?

Forget the dramatic "how sad" and deal with my point. I may be wrong, if so, explain without the drama.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 99

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I hope you realize with this post you just gave the reason everyone has to be insured to make any health care system work. It is also why you get the cheapest costs. When you have a lot of guys like you talk about Insurance Cos. have to have a pre ex to  prevent them from purchasing Insurance after they are diagnosed with something nasty, and then want to purchase insurance which if allowed would raise the costs to everyone else in the rating pool. When everyone is covered there is a rule you can not drop people, nor can you have claim limits. Everything is used in rating the cost. Nice to see you are for including everyone in the rating pool. That will lower the cost of Insurance. I am sure you understand that under the present Health Care system everyone can get care and we are all paying for it, and yes there are some low end people who pay no taxes that get care through the ER section of Health Care.

I have been enrolled in health insurance since the late '50s. Everyone was not insured and it worked very well.

a lot of guys like you talk about Insurance Cos. have to have a pre ex to  prevent them from purchasing Insurance after they are diagnosed with something nasty

When did you hear me talk about that?

When all are not enrolled you pay more, and you have been paying more since the late 50. On Group Insurance if there is not the % enrolled in the employers plan as called for the policy does not go into effect. The Insurance Co rates the plan based on the % of employees who the employer tells them will be enrolled (large Cos.) or % rated for in the class the policy falls into by the Insurance Co. The fewer enrolled the higher the rate. Read you post as you gave the reason the pre ex is needed. With out the pre ex people would not purchase health Insurance until they needed it, and that would make it to expense. One reason we have problems with health insurance is people do not understand how it works.

Well, I do understand that it has worked fine for me for many years.

No it has not worked well for you for many years. You have been paying to much for your insurance. The other part is a lot of the people who you wrote about have gotten sick or had an accident during the years where they got Medical help which a number of them did not pay for. They were in the ER care part of the system which you also pay for in your taxes. That means your taxes were higher because of them also. See you are supporting health care for all system, and doing nothing to make it cost efficient. Now you want to complain about the system you have supported for years and do nothing to make it work better. It always helps if one knows the subject.

Yes, it has worked quite well for me. If you want insurance for the poor, we have Medicaid - expand it.

It does not need expanding as we have care for all, and you are paying for it, and you have high cost Insurance that does not work well for you but you do not even realize that. How sad, but points out why the US has trouble solving the problem.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 99

@MaVolta wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You do realize that Medicaid is paid for by both payroll taxes and the general tax fund, as well as taxes collected by the state. Some recipients may pay a small premium depending on income.

There are 17 states, including Texas and Florida, that have not expanded Medicaid. State funding for Medicaid in Texas is almost non-existent, and to my knowledge, the state still has not reinstated the CHIP program. Good luck with your health care options if you are poor and live in Texas. And, BTW, the state has to pick up the cost of uncompensated care, such as ER visits.

Other states that have expanded may find themselves struggling as federal funds are reduced each year under the present GOP budget. States will have to come up with more revenue from somewhere to make up the shortfall.

The only way to expand Medicaid is to vote out the GOP who are trying to destroy it. Had R's passed their version of health care last spring, Medicaid funding would have been slashed by around $800 billion, if memory serves. We have John McCain to thank for not allowing it to become law, may he RIP.

We also have the choice to rethink how we fund health care services. It appears that about 70%, or at least a strong majority of Americans, believe we should consider other options for universal coverage.

Your basic thinking seems to be like scout's - the only way to fix anything is to become a country run by a one Party system. 

Let's get passed that and back to healthcare - since we already have Medicaid, what is wrong with fitting it to the perceived needs of the poor that it currently does not address?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

You do realize that Medicaid is paid for by both payroll taxes and the general tax fund, as well as taxes collected by the state. Some recipients may pay a small premium depending on income.

There are 17 states, including Texas and Florida, that have not expanded Medicaid. State funding for Medicaid in Texas is almost non-existent, and to my knowledge, the state still has not reinstated the CHIP program. Good luck with your health care options if you are poor and live in Texas. And, BTW, the state has to pick up the cost of uncompensated care, such as ER visits.

Other states that have expanded may find themselves struggling as federal funds are reduced each year under the present GOP budget. States will have to come up with more revenue from somewhere to make up the shortfall.

The only way to expand Medicaid is to vote out the GOP who are trying to destroy it. Had R's passed their version of health care last spring, Medicaid funding would have been slashed by around $800 billion, if memory serves. We have John McCain to thank for not allowing it to become law, may he RIP.

We also have the choice to rethink how we fund health care services. It appears that about 70%, or at least a strong majority of Americans, believe we should consider other options for universal coverage.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 99

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I hope you realize with this post you just gave the reason everyone has to be insured to make any health care system work. It is also why you get the cheapest costs. When you have a lot of guys like you talk about Insurance Cos. have to have a pre ex to  prevent them from purchasing Insurance after they are diagnosed with something nasty, and then want to purchase insurance which if allowed would raise the costs to everyone else in the rating pool. When everyone is covered there is a rule you can not drop people, nor can you have claim limits. Everything is used in rating the cost. Nice to see you are for including everyone in the rating pool. That will lower the cost of Insurance. I am sure you understand that under the present Health Care system everyone can get care and we are all paying for it, and yes there are some low end people who pay no taxes that get care through the ER section of Health Care.

I have been enrolled in health insurance since the late '50s. Everyone was not insured and it worked very well.

a lot of guys like you talk about Insurance Cos. have to have a pre ex to  prevent them from purchasing Insurance after they are diagnosed with something nasty

When all are not enrolled you pay more, and you have been paying more since the late 50. On Group Insurance if there is not the % enrolled in the employers plan as called for the policy does not go into effect. The Insurance Co rates the plan based on the % of employees who the employer tells them will be enrolled (large Cos.) or % rated for in the class the policy falls into by the Insurance Co. The fewer enrolled the higher the rate. Read you post as you gave the reason the pre ex is needed. With out the pre ex people would not purchase health Insurance until they needed it, and that would make it to expense. One reason we have problems with health insurance is people do not understand how it works.

No it has not worked well for you for many years. You have been paying to much for your insurance. The other part is a lot of the people who you wrote about have gotten sick or had an accident during the years where they got Medical help which a number of them did not pay for. They were in the ER care part of the system which you also pay for in your taxes. That means your taxes were higher because of them also. See you are supporting health care for all system, and doing nothing to make it cost efficient. Now you want to complain about the system you have supported for years and do nothing to make it work better. It always helps if one knows the subject.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors