From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households

Message 1 of 40

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

We should also point out that contray to Fox Propaganda, illegal immigrants contribute heavily to our economy. But don't tell our loyal Fox Viewers who think the immigrants are coming to take away their homes and jobs.

Any specifics that you might have seen on Fox??

Shawn, Lou D, Laura are a few.

Those are names - any specific "Propaganda" you'd like to point out on the subject?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 40

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Once again the simple strategy of trump supporters and trump repubs...fear and divide. 

Divide the public with lies and fabrications of phantom events. Fear the immigrants, for all the wrong reasons. 

How rude of immigrants wanting a life. How rude of immigrants wanting a job, to work and provide for their family. How rude that they will take jobs that others see as beneath them. 

We see the actions of those that try to confuse and contort reality...even bad actions become transparent!

Never Forget

What fear - what divide. Do you mean dividing legal citizens from illegal residents? If so, nature provides that division.

Nothing rude about wanting a better life.however, that "wanting" does not give anyone the right to by-pass the process (and those respectfully waiting).

With that logic in mind, could you clarify your double-talk about "confuse and contort reality"?

I did not see anything about "illegal residents". I saw the words "Non Citizens".  That would imply legal residents who are not citizens and making minimum wage so they must have support. No state in America allows welfare to undocumented aliens. 

Do you really see that as related to the post it was theoretically in response to??

As to the distinction you are drawing - I understand that the original post was broader and included all immigrants and that is an issue. My concerns are more focused on the illegals. They do go to school, they do use medical facilities, their children born here do get benefits.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 40

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

We should also point out that contray to Fox Propaganda, illegal immigrants contribute heavily to our economy. But don't tell our loyal Fox Viewers who think the immigrants are coming to take away their homes and jobs.

THERE'S A WINNING STRATEGY FOR THE DIMMS!

If you were to take a poll of the average American tax payer citizen voter I believe you will find the overwhelming majority will be against handing out any kind of welfare to non-citizens.

I haven't seen anyone here support welfare for illegals, its just an illusion that fits your narrative. Neither did i see a number on ILLEGALS recieving welfare, another illusion i suppose. EITC is not welfare, it is an EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT. So what, other than illusion, is this topic about? Just Jim's beliefs?

illegals do not file income tax so EITC is not a factor. 

They certainly DO file income taxes. Millions of undocumented immigrants file tax returns each year, and they are paying taxes for benefits they can’t even use. 

The most recent IRS data, from 2015, shows that the agency received 4.4 million income tax returns from workers who don’t have Social Security numbers. That year, they paid $23.6 billion in income taxes.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 40

Keep the "non citizens" - deport the republicans.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 40

A few quick points.

1.  I think any group of folks with such high participation in welfare programs merits concern....why are these folks not moving up in our economy and no longer needing welfare?  I think knocking down barriers to economic success is something we can all agree is worth discussing.  Is it lack of education? Job skills? Let's get to some of the root issues and start talking about possible solutions.

2.  I don't think most folks think that welfare should be a long term thing in a lot of cases.  In some tragic circumstances I imagine it could be, but generally I think after x number of years folks need to realize it is their responsibility to provide for themselves.  So again I think we should be looking at why these folks are not moving up in our economy.

3.  And yes unfortunately when the subject is about immigrants we do need to distinguish folks who followed our laws and entered the country legally and those who did not.  The newspaper article stated that the author of the analysis said that roughly half of the non citizens in the data were here illegally (you need to read the article not just the headline).

4.  I don't know about the other 49 states but California openly provides government assistance to folks who are in the country illegally.  We can talk about whether that is a good thing or a bad thing but to deny that taxpayers are paying for this assistance is just silly.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 40

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Any specifics that you might have seen on Fox??

Shawn, Lou D, Laura are a few.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 40

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Once again the simple strategy of trump supporters and trump repubs...fear and divide. 

Divide the public with lies and fabrications of phantom events. Fear the immigrants, for all the wrong reasons. 

How rude of immigrants wanting a life. How rude of immigrants wanting a job, to work and provide for their family. How rude that they will take jobs that others see as beneath them. 

We see the actions of those that try to confuse and contort reality...even bad actions become transparent!

Never Forget

What fear - what divide. Do you mean dividing legal citizens from illegal residents? If so, nature provides that division.

Nothing rude about wanting a better life.however, that "wanting" does not give anyone the right to by-pass the process (and those respectfully waiting).

With that logic in mind, could you clarify your double-talk about "confuse and contort reality"?

I did not see anything about "illegal residents". I saw the words "Non Citizens".  That would imply legal residents who are not citizens and making minimum wage so they must have support. No state in America allows welfare to undocumented aliens. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 40

@williamb39198 wrote:

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 40

@afisher wrote:

CIS lies.   https://www.cbpp.org/archives/4-14-03wel.htm

Are you disagreeing with the point or the degree?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 40

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

But this attack is more than just the normal Republican racism.

What race is "illegal???  That is the topic - illegal immigrants.

When the GOPerLords sent out this latest attack, the real purpose was to vilify THE PROGRAMS, not just people of color. This makes it easier for Yertle McConnell and the GOPers to destroy the social safety net and still get votes from their moronic base. Seems to be working as planned - the wingers on this blog are falling right in line to support this latest barrage of lies and slander, so when the GOPers wreck PPACA, SNAP, TANF, Social Security and Medicare, the base will be cheering another Victory for the Freedom to have LESS no matter how hard you work. And they wonder why they're not doing as well as their parents did - go figure.

And then then the mind reading - "the real purpose".

Suggest you read the first post in this thread. It is about ALL immigrants not just illegal immigrants. Whatever is included the claim is false/

Right you are - I'll rephrase - What race is "immigrant"? 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors