Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 60 false claims in 2 hours

Message 1 of 6

I fear that as the 2020 campaign really kicks in, we are going to get much of the same nonsense. Add in all the other problems Trump is facing, the tweets, Speeches are going to be epic. Lies, untruths etc

Come on, Trump is just a lying criminal Enterprise machine.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

It is pretty startling that none of the RW talk back.    But then I doubt that they know what was said in the speech.   We should ask them to list one piece of information imparted and if it was judged a fact or lie.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

President Trump's supporters are either Wealthy and don't care about the lies as long as he saves them $$$$ or the Unedumacated !!! Spelling close enough for Fox viewers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Zany isn’t it? I keep trying to understand or explain why trump lies or even worse, that people believe him and go along with what he says as gospel. 

Then again, how do you explain being a liar who thinks that he is the coming of the new prophet that God has put here

to lead us...the deception of one’s own self. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Image result for liar liar pants on fire

They listen to and applaud his lies and they watch him burning and yet they still do NOT care.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

60 false claims in 2 hours

Message 6 of 6

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/world/analysis/2019/03/06/60-false-claims-in-2-hours-trumps-cpac-sp...

60 false claims in 2 hours: Trump’s CPAC speech was by far his most-dishonest single event as president

WASHINGTON—Donald Trump made 60 false claims in his speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference on Saturday, shattering his old record for false claims in a single speech.

At 2 hours and 2 minutes, Trump’s speech to CPAC was also by far the longest of his presidency. If you’re counting false claims per minute, Star editor Ed Tubb notes, Trump made almost an identical amount to CPAC, 0.49 per minute, as he did in the Pennsylvania rally speech in August at which he set his old record of 36, 0.46 per minute.

But still: man, 60 false claims in a single speech.

Six of them were on the subject of his crowds. One of those was a lie he told even though hundreds of his supporters could see it was a lie.

When Trump seemed to be a couple minutes from finally reaching his conclusion, journalists including myself and hundreds of conference attendees watched dozens of people walk out of the room...

… after which, Trump said, “And, by the way, I’m watching those doors. Not one person has left, and I’ve been up here a long time…But not one person. So if you hear tomorrow, when they read ‘people left’ — nobody left early. There hasn’t been one person that’s left. But when you read it, you just say ‘fake news.’”

I’m skeptical of grand theories of Trump’s dishonesty; I think he often lies simply because that’s how his brain works. But there’s a school of thought that he tells extremely obvious lies as a demonstration of his power over people — to show that he can deny reality to people who know he is denying reality and still retain their fealty. It seemed like that might be what he was doing at CPAC.

Trump made 111 false claims in all last week, his ninth-worst week so far.

Trump is now up to 4,557 false claims for the first 773 days of his presidency, an average of 5.9 per day.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors