Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 60%- Say trump Has Worsened Race Relations

Message 11 of 16

Epster posted..

I'm with the 30%. (And leaving this thread >rightnow<, because minority opinion is so very cherished here on the political forum that, well, I just don't wanna know about all the accolades sure to be fired in my general direction ... LOL)

=========================

Gee, I remember when this board was made up of mostly people that showed respect for each other and respect for our politicians.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 16

@Centristsin2010–Thank you for your post. How anyone could doubt the truth of your post can only be explained by the use of two —possibly three words

DELUSION

DENIALISM

LIES

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 16

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Epster wrote:

I'm with the 30%.   That's OK, some need to make up the minority....(And leaving this thread >rightnow<, because minority opinion is so very cherished here on the political forum And some believe that sentiment is also true with minorities as well.  that, well, I just don't wanna know about all the accolades sure to be fired in my general direction ... LOL)  Why do you feel it's necessary to tell people you're "leaving the thread"?  It comes across as quite arrogant by insinuating others actually care and/or, "I said my piece and to Hell with what others think".  Just saying.....

Have a happy day, all. (I mean that. Seriously.)

I'm one of the 60% - who has always clearly understood - that trump has always been a racist - will always be a racist - and that a clearly unbalanced malignantly narcissistic racist in the oval office cannot possibly do anything but worsen race relations and encourage the kind of speech and behavior that is  - face it - bigotry and racism - "trumpspeak"... 

"trumpspeak" - a political form of racist dogwhistle language - has evolved (devolved?) from the clear and unambiguous explanation - made by Reagan political operative Lee Atwater in 1981... 

Exclusive: Lee Atwater's Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy - YouTube

It clearly explained the development of republican racist dogma and it's accompanying language/dogwhistling in the Reagan maladministration.

One can easily trace the continuing existence of racist republican dogwhistling and usage of racially coded terminology - from Welch, Goldwater, Nixon and Reagan - on up to the republican dogwhistle racism that still exists and has always been used in the halls of Congress every day - right up to this very day...

It's not at all difficult to trace the trail of racial prejudice - bigotry - and hatred - from those who still resent losing the civil war - and the right to racially discriminate - through Welch, Goldwater, Nixon and Reagan - right up to the words trump used yesterday, today, and will use tomorrow...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 16

@Epster wrote:

I'm with the 30%.   That's OK, some need to make up the minority....(And leaving this thread >rightnow<, because minority opinion is so very cherished here on the political forum And some believe that sentiment is also true with minorities as well.  that, well, I just don't wanna know about all the accolades sure to be fired in my general direction ... LOL)  Why do you feel it's necessary to tell people you're "leaving the thread"?  It comes across as quite arrogant by insinuating others actually care and/or, "I said my piece and to Hell with what others think".  Just saying.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 16

I'm with the 30%. (And leaving this thread >rightnow<, because minority opinion is so very cherished here on the political forum that, well, I just don't wanna know about all the accolades sure to be fired in my general direction ... LOL)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

60%- Say trump Has Worsened Race Relations

Message 16 of 16

Most Americans Say Trump’s Election Has Led to Worse Race Relations in the U.S.

Nearly a year into Donald Trump’s presidency, a majority of Americans (60%) say his election has led to worse race relations in the United States. Just 8% say Trump’s election has led to better race relations, while 30% say it has not made a difference.

Shortly after Trump’s victory last year, voters had less negative expectations for how his election would affect race relations. In November 2016, nearly half (46%) said it would lead to worse race relations, while 25% expected his election to lead to improved race relations (another 26% expected little change).

In 2008, voters were more optimistic about how Barack Obama’s election would affect race relations than they were after Trump’s victory. In November 2008, 52% said Obama’s election would lead to better race relations in the country.

A year later, fewer Americans (36%) said race relations had improved, but just 13% said Obama’s election had made race relations worse. That was little changed from November 2008, when 9% of voters said Obama’s election would lead to worse race relations.

The national survey by Pew Research Center, conducted Nov. 29-Dec. 4 among 1,503 adults, finds that the public has negative assessments of the overall state of race relations in the U.S. A majority (56%) says race relations are generally bad, while 38% say they are generally good. Since May 2016, there has been an increase in the share of Americans who say race relations are getting worse – from 38% then to 44% today.

Over the same period, the share saying that too little attention is paid to race and racial issues also has risen. Today, 44% say too little attention is paid to racial issues, while 32% say there is too much focus on race; 19% say about the right amount of attention is paid to racial issues.

In May 2016, the public was divided over whether racial issues had received too much (36%) or too little (35%) attention; about a quarter (26%) said they had received about the right amount of attention.

The survey finds that a majority of Americans (65%) continue to say there are “very strong” or “strong” conflicts between blacks and whites in the U.S. However, far more (86%) say there are strong conflicts between Republicans and Democrats than say the same about conflicts between blacks and whites, young people and older adults, rich and poor people, and between those who live in rural and urban areas.

Most Americans Say Trump’s Election Has Led to Worse Race Relations in the U.S.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies