Re: 50 Years Every President Congress Ignored Climate

Message 1 of 11

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Check Out A Globe Of The Planet - Its not divided up by Political Parties 

Then take a look at your Grandchildren & ask yourself when they get to be your age & they cant go outdoors during the day because they would catch on fire 

If they are going to care anything about the reasoning behind your own selfishness 

Like many other issues, we still have far too many of the "what's in it for me" or "I lived through tough times" agendas to start even considering those generations to come.

The GOP Has No Vision for the Future

Trump Has No Vision for the Future

Their only Future Relies on Making as Much Money as Quickly As Possible and Overnight if Possible & I guess the Figure that is going to Sustain Themselves and their Off Spring into the Forseable Future

Of Course There Already Are Technologies That Can Dramatically Reduce Carbon Emissions

Hydrogen - Bio Fuels - Ionics

We have been moving Billions of People Around Cities for Decades with Electric Powered Subways and Trains

There is No Guarantee in the US Constitution that says it's a Right to have 3 Fossil Fuel Vehicles in every Family - Health Conscious - Environmentally Responsible People Already augment their Personal Travel by walking - bycycling - driving Hybrids

Hybrids use fossil fuels and plug in electric cars rely on electricity to charge them up (guess what - those power companies primarily use fossil fuels to supply energy).

This is a Picture from my back deck in Seabrook Nh - Nuke Plant - Been Here 40 years

seabrook .png

Massachusetts at One Time Had 5 Nuclear Reactors Operating Full Time

But Again The GOP Has No Vision For the Future

The Dems have a vision of the new green deal, free college, free guaranteed income, medicare for all, and a gigantic debt to pay for it all.

Not Sure Why This is Such a Foreign Concept - The US Tax Code Has Been Giving Rich GOP Americans - Free Money for Decades - Right Now Trump is Subsidizing Rich - Midwest Farmers - Rich Coal Mine Owners - Rich Oil Company Shareholders With - Billions in Free US Tax Payers $$ for 2.5 Years

Thats Why They Could Care Less about the Solvency of Social Secuirity

That Why They Could Care Less about the National Debt

Obama doubled the national debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion. I think Trump will be more frugal than Obama. He just can't double the debt like Obama did.

Obama was dealing with the Failed Policies on GOP President G W Bush who created the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression

Trump inherited a Booming Economy - Low Unemployment & he's still responsible for doing nothing about a 22 Trillion Debt most of it added by his unfunded Tax Break for the Rich

I agree - Democrats desire to give already Rich Kids Free Educations in the Future is a Stupid Idea - Democrats who want to Forgive Rich Kids Student Debt from the Past is Twice as Dumb

Thats Why They Could Care Less about Budget Deficits

They Figure they and their own Spawn will have Enough Money to have the best of everything while everyone around them is consumed by the GOP's lack of vision

They Way They Think - The More of us that Get Eliminated First by the Effects of Climate Change that just allows more of the remaining resources to be hoarded by the Wealthiest

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Then take a look at your Grandchildren & ask yourself when they get to be your age & they cant go outdoors during the day because they would catch on fire 

If they are going to care anything about the reasoning behind your own selfishness 

Like many other issues, we still have far too many of the "what's in it for me" or "I lived through tough times" agendas to start even considering those generations to come.

Their only Future Relies on Making as Much Money as Quickly As Possible and Overnight if Possible & I guess the Figure that is going to Sustain Themselves and their Off Spring into the Forseable Future

Of Course There Already Are Technologies That Can Dramatically Reduce Carbon Emissions

We have been moving Billions of People Around Cities for Decades with Electric Powered Subways and Trains

There is No Guarantee in the US Constitution that says it's a Right to have 3 Fossil Fuel Vehicles in every Family - Health Conscious - Environmentally Responsible People Already augment their Personal Travel by walking - bycycling - driving Hybrids

Hybrids use fossil fuels and plug in electric cars rely on electricity to charge them up (guess what - those power companies primarily use fossil fuels to supply energy).

This is a Picture from my back deck in Seabrook Nh - Nuke Plant - Been Here 40 years

seabrook .png

The Dems have a vision of the new green deal, free college, free guaranteed income, medicare for all, and a gigantic debt to pay for it all.

Not Sure Why This is Such a Foreign Concept - The US Tax Code Has Been Giving Rich GOP Americans - Free Money for Decades - Right Now Trump is Subsidizing Rich - Midwest Farmers - Rich Coal Mine Owners - Rich Oil Company Shareholders With - Billions in Free US Tax Payers $$ for 2.5 Years

Obama doubled the national debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion. I think Trump will be more frugal than Obama. He just can't double the debt like Obama did.

Obama was dealing with the Failed Policies on GOP President G W Bush who created the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression

Trump is dealing with the failed policies of the Obama years.

Trump inherited a Booming Economy - Low Unemployment & he's still responsible for doing nothing about a 22 Trillion Debt most of it added by his unfunded Tax Break for the Rich

You've got your history wrong.  Trump made it a vibrant economy - Obama was a failure.

I agree - Democrats desire to give already Rich Kids Free Educations in the Future is a Stupid Idea - Democrats who want to Forgive Rich Kids Student Debt from the Past is Twice as Dumb

They Figure they and their own Spawn will have Enough Money to have the best of everything while everyone around them is consumed by the GOP's lack of vision

They Way They Think - The More of us that Get Eliminated First by the Effects of Climate Change that just allows more of the remaining resources to be hoarded by the Wealthiest

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

seabrook .png

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

@mickstuder wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

@L42010 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

@mickstuder wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

I watched this and found that it is important that we listen to what some have found to help aid in this environmental crisis we are now in.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marshall-medoff-the-unlikely-eccentric-inventor-turning-inedible-plant-...

Jan. 6, 2019 - 60 Minutes - Lesley Stahl - "The Unlikely Eccentric Inventor Turning Inedible Plant Life Into Fuel"

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

So the left has the solution already - the New Green Deal where we will give up the use of fossil fuels, get rid of all airplanes, build more railroads (even ones that traverse the bottom of oceans).  I guess those railroad trains will be nuclear powered. Ramp up the windmill production as well as the solar plants being careful to not use any fossil fuels in the fabrication.

Better still, since the left feels that they are able to control the climate, why don't they (as a good faith measure) wean themselves off fossil fuels for transportation as well as heating/cooling. Every little bit helps!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

“Exercising my ‘reasoned judgment,’ I have no doubt that the right to a climate system capable of sustaining human life is fundamental to a free and ordered society.”

- U.S. District Judge Ann Aiken

Source - https://www.ourchildrenstrust.org/juliana-v-us

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

A lawsuit filed on behalf of 21 kids alleges the U.S. government knowingly failed to protect them from climate change. If the plaintiffs win, it could mean massive changes for the use of fossil fuels

Of all the cases working their way through the federal court system none is more interesting or potentially more life changing than Juliana v. United States.

To quote one federal judge, "This is no ordinary lawsuit." It was filed back in 2015 on behalf of a group of kids who are trying to get the courts to block the U.S. government from continuing the use of fossil fuels. They say it's causing climate change, endangering their future and violating their constitutional rights to life, liberty and property.

When the lawsuit began hardly anyone took it seriously, including the government's lawyers, who have since watched the Supreme Court reject two of their motions to delay or dismiss the case. Four years in, it is still very much alive, in part because the plaintiffs have amassed a body of evidence that will surprise even the skeptics and have forced the government to admit that the crisis is real.

"The government has known for over 50 years that burning fossil fuels would cause climate change. And they don't dispute that we are in a danger zone on climate change."

Source - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/juliana-versus-united-states-the-climate-change-lawsuit-that-could-stop...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors