Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

5 questions for you on your position on guns

Message 11 of 33

As you can see, Ronald could never answer the question he raised. Universal background checks, and/or other reasonable gun control, has nothing to do with your 2nd amendment rights. 

My guess is Ronald probably believed Trump when he repeatedly said during the campaign, if Hillary's elected, she's going to take away your guns. I'm LOL.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 5 questions for you on your position on guns

Message 12 of 33

@RonLee531020 wrote:

I'm rather surprised that there are so many who want to dismantle our constitution.

And I'm constantly amazed that there are any, let alone so many, who confuse our Constitution with a suicide pact.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 33

Ronald, you have no idea who you're talking to, so please stop making assumptions about me. 

Next, Ronald still refuses to answer my question. He said, "By the way, my use of the word dismantle does not mean that I infer that I suspect so many want to completely abandon the constitution.  Just the parts that some of us hold dear."

I'll try again. OK Ronald, what parts of the consititution some of us hold dear will universal background checks destroy?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 33

The scene that I described to you was not obsure at all.  Just unfamiliar to you, if you do not engage in shooting sports, CritialThinker.  

By the way, my use of the word dismantle does not mean that I infer that I suspect so many want to completely abandon the constitution.  Just the parts that some of us hold dear.  

I am indifferent about the 3rd Amendment, since I have no expectation that the Federal Government will quarter soldiers in my home.  Perhaps you, CriticalThinker, are likewise completely indifferent to the 2nd with no interest in firearms?  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 33
Allow them to stay, you get more slaughtered children and they will promise to pray for you each time it happens AND THAT'S ALL THEY'LL DO...........................I find it odd that one would talk about slaughtered children but fight for the right for mothers to be to allowed to have their babies killed by abortion. Seems we have dual standards for children. At what point do you think it OK to slaughter them? Have you read the stats on the number of babies killed by abortion each year? And remember you have presented the old song and dance about Republicans not taking care of their children. Maybe you think all children of Republicans should be killed. Or all children of a particular race. I think some just want to pick and choose the who, when and how.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 33

Why is Ronald refusing to answer the question I asked?

Ronald said, "I'm rather surprised that there are so many who want to dismantle our constitution."

What does implementing universal background checks have to do with abandoning the Constitution?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 33

You do know, or perhaps you don't.  That at Gun Shows, the majority of sellers of firearms and/or ammunition also have brick and mortar stores.  Given that, they (the sellers)  are required by law to follow EXACTLY the same procedures including the buyer filling out Federal Form 4473 as well as submitting to the Background Check and the waiting period before actually taking the firearm home.  In the fifty years that I have gone to gun shows, I have spoken to only ONE seller who was not an FFL holder and who "might have" sold me a firearm and not done all of the procedures that would occur in a regular store. 

If you don't believe me, go to a gun show yourself and ask if you can take a purchase home with you, that day. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 33

Ronald said, "I'm rather surprised that there are so many who want to dismantle our constitution."

Instead of answering my question, Ronald came up with some bizarre example of an obscure shooting range scenario. 

Once again, what does implementing universal background checks have to do with abandoning the Constitution?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 33

One of the versions of the "universal background check" scheme would require...

Please indulge me to set the scenario... I go to a local shooting range with a friend who has never shot a firearm before. After giving a comprehensive safety instruction I offer that friend the opportunity to fire my weapon.  Oh but wait, he or she now must be "background checked" prior to being allowed to handle or fire my weapon.  The language of at least one of the proposed legislation, required the background check prior to "transfer" even if that transfer were for a very short time.  Indeed before I were allowed to retrieve my property I would have to submit to a new background check as well.  

All of that sounds incredibly sill, I agree.  However, the individuals who write the legislation and even the majority of our members of congress have very little understanding of firearms, how they work or how they are legally and lawfully used.  

I am rather uncomfortable with being required by law to follow rules concerning something that the writer has little if any knowedge about. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 33

Every purchaser of a gun should go through the background check. It should be an accessible system to all and it would just acknowledge "sell or NOT sell". The seller would also print out the "permission to sell" and retain that for proof.  It should also enable quick (3 day maximum) corrections by the government if challenged on the validity of the status of a person. This would eliminate the gun show loophole and would include private sale of weapons.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors