WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 5 questions for you on your position on guns

Message 1 of 33

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Universal background checks are useless in preventing mass murder. Unless I missed one, EVERY mass murderer could've bought the guns they used because nobody knew they were crazy BEFORE the shooting and none had a felony conviction for a crime of violence.

Even some people that have a lily record sometimes fool trained psychiatrists so you can never be sure about sanity and weapons are always available on the street (stolen weapons) for those that want them (the killers of society).

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Allow them to stay, you get more slaughtered children and they will promise to pray for you each time it happens AND THAT'S ALL THEY'LL DO...........................I find it odd that one would talk about slaughtered children but fight for the right for mothers to be to allowed to have their babies killed by abortion. Seems we have dual standards for children. At what point do you think it OK to slaughter them? Have you read the stats on the number of babies killed by abortion each year? And remember you have presented the old song and dance about Republicans not taking care of their children. Maybe you think all children of Republicans should be killed. Or all children of a particular race. I think some just want to pick and choose the who, when and how.

It seems that you are trying to divert the discussion of guns to that of abortion without providing one iota of connectivity other than children being shot versus FETUSES being aborted.

As you have made clear your positions on abortion, it would help forward the discussion if we knew what your positions were on assault weapons, capital punishment, and access to weapons.

Are you FOR Capital Punishment but AGAINST abortion?

Are you FOR assault weapons but AGAINST abortion?

@Soosie, since you introduced the diversion of ABORTION to the discussion, it is only fair that you make clear your philosophy on these other areas.

Otherwise, you were diverting just to divert.

SOUNDS like YOU want to TALK about ABORTIONS.

That's an off-topic diversion.

However one thing is certain - the nation would be far better off if DJT had been aborted.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Allow them to stay, you get more slaughtered children and they will promise to pray for you each time it happens AND THAT'S ALL THEY'LL DO...........................I find it odd that one would talk about slaughtered children but fight for the right for mothers to be to allowed to have their babies killed by abortion. Seems we have dual standards for children. At what point do you think it OK to slaughter them? Have you read the stats on the number of babies killed by abortion each year? And remember you have presented the old song and dance about Republicans not taking care of their children. Maybe you think all children of Republicans should be killed. Or all children of a particular race. I think some just want to pick and choose the who, when and how.

It seems that you are trying to divert the discussion of guns to that of abortion without providing one iota of connectivity other than children being shot versus FETUSES being aborted.

As you have made clear your positions on abortion, it would help forward the discussion if we knew what your positions were on assault weapons, capital punishment, and access to weapons.

@Soosie, since you introduced the diversion of ABORTION to the discussion, it is only fair that you make clear your philosophy on these other areas.

SOUNDS like YOU want to TALK about ABORTIONS.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@RonLee531020 wrote:

I'm rather surprised that there are so many who want to dismantle our constitution.

And I'm constantly amazed that there are any, let alone so many, who confuse our Constitution with a suicide pact.

Yes, some do feel that they need "big brother" to protect them from suicide. Most of us don't and neither did our Founders.

Do you think "big brother" should protect you by not allowing an insane person to possess a firearm? 

How about a person who has been found to be incompetent by a court?  

Should a person who is not considered capable of safely operating a car be permitted to go about armed just "cause he wants to"?

Would you feel safe walking around knowing that people such as those described above are in your midst - carrying a firearm?

They are you know...

Inadequate background checks due to faulty and inadequate/incomplete NICS data allows them to slip by the background checks - because there's no requirement that people like that be reported to the NICS database - the database will not have them listed as persons not allowed to purchase a firearm...

One can join the NRA if one is a convicted child molester - or a felon - the NRA doesn't check up on their members - they just want the membership money -  one can be a Russian citizen - or a Chinese citizen, and be an NRA member - just give them what they really want - the money...

Sure - in the fifties and sixties I was a member - got lots of great deals on surplus military firearms through the Civilian Marksmanship Program - for only a few bucks extra - one could get a very lightly used or a match grade weapon.

I quit the NRA when Harlon Carter (he was once convicted of murder and sent to prison) started changing the NRA from what it used to be - into a dishonest fanatical group that now only exists to make more money for firearms manufacturers and remove as many safeguards as possible so anybody at all can own a firearm...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 33

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@RonLee531020 wrote:

I'm rather surprised that there are so many who want to dismantle our constitution.

And I'm constantly amazed that there are any, let alone so many, who confuse our Constitution with a suicide pact.

Yes, some do feel that they need "big brother" to protect them from suicide. Most of us don't and neither did our Founders.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

@RonLee531020 wrote:

You people have very little understanding of what you are talking about.

I thought that at AARP there might be reasonable discussion, I was mistaken.

I will no longer waste my time with uninformed opinions such as yours, good bye.

Great!!

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

5 questions for you on your position on guns

Message 8 of 33

"You people have very little understanding of what you are talking about."

Interesting comment since he couldn't answer a simple question about the 2nd amendment, which he raised himself. One would think, if you're going to make an argument about the 2nd amendment, you would have the ability to defend your own argument? Guess not......

And he claims that we don't know what we're talking about? Ya gotta love it!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

You people have very little understanding of what you are talking about.

I thought that at AARP there might be reasonable discussion, I was mistaken.

I will no longer waste my time with uninformed opinions such as yours, good bye.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

Universal background checks are useless in preventing mass murder. Unless I missed one, EVERY mass murderer could've bought the guns they used because nobody knew they were crazy BEFORE the shooting and none had a felony conviction for a crime of violence.

Its not the "gun" that is a problem for society - its the KIND of gun.

Automatic and semi-automatic weapons that can fire more than 8 times before reloading have one and only one "advantage" over "(male chicken) and shoot" variaties - they can kill many more people quickly. A semi-auto rifle can fire 120+ rounds per minute using 30 round clips (detachable mechanisms for holding ammo prior to firing)

Limiting future homacidal maniacs to only 15-20 rounds per minute won't solve their mental problems, but it WILL give their victims a much improved chance to get away or attack and stop their assailant.

All the gas operated semi-auto weapons on the market can be modified by blocking the passageway for the gas that operates the reload mechanism. A simple insert in existing clips can reduce their capacity to 8 rounds.

No game will escape because the hunter could not spray the air with 120rpm, BUT a few less hunters "down range" will not make it home for dinner. Same with home protection - if you need 120rpm to defend yourself, buy a big mean dog and a doublebarreled shotgun instead because your neighbors may not survive your attempt at self defense.

Just a little common sense folks - don't ban guns, just remove the MILITARY grade ones from civilian use and let the others remain no matter how ugly they are.

Kudos
Views