Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 47%

Message 1 of 19

@rker321  - There is no doubt in my mind that D-voters want Trump gone. Polls consistently show that electability is a high priority for D-voters.

That said, they also want to see candidates with some substance. It's not enough to bash Trump, which is easy for any of them to do on any given day of the week. Voters want to hear policy issues discussed and where and how the next president intends to lead the country. 

There will be many debates, and the polls will likely change along the way. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

After reading the posts in this thread, I am getting the impression that winning the next elections is not as impoftant as I thougnt
I have seen posts in which they bring up the failings of the Establishment, and we all know what they are. But, is that what the next elections are about? Fixing the problems like Racism, Establisment etc.?

In another time I would agree with all of you, but now? at this time? with what is at stake? and many are thinking about things that will not be fixed in the next elections if Trump wins?
Again, I don't think that Democrats are focused on what the next elections really mean I wish that they take a good hard look at what is the most important priority for the next elections. and leave all the other issues for perhaps another time of win the Senate and then do whatever needs to be done.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19
Hopefully the next debate will be eye opening in a positive way, but if it is not it is our duty to let them know where they're failing and why. Sounds simplistic I know, but if we don't let them know how we feel, it's on us.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19
I'm curious: Do you share your thoughts and ideas with any of the Democrats who are running? I agree that they don't seem to have a clue, but you seem to. I hope you share your thoughts where they are really needed.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

@MaVolta wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Concentrating on NOTHING but Winning Elections is what got us where we are

The US Constitution Has No Mandate for Americans who serve to concentrate on Winning Elections

Their Constitutional Mandate is to Govern

They are not & have not been for Decades

Our Entire Country is Crumbling around us - the coming Environmental Armageddon is not being prepared for

We are going to leave our Grandchildren with a Third World Country with Broken Infrastructure Too Costly to Fix - a Budget & Debt Crisis that is insurmountable

Who is going to pay for all this?

Not one Democratic Candidate is talking about Debt except maybe Warren

That's true. Obama complained about it often. Congress gets nothing done because, he said, "every day is election day". And nothing moves forward without some degree of compromise when you have split rule, either a split House and Senate that we have now, or split Congress and WH that Obama had to deal with for 6 years. 

That's one reason we need term limits for Congress.

However, it's also true that the political parties hold too much power over elections and campaigns, thus "the establishment".  "The establishment" determines who gets money, and which states and districts are considered "worth the effort" to campaign or challenge an incumbent of the other party, or even allow a challenge to a party incumbent. Which leads us to the need to get money out of politics.

We have No Future when Democratic Voters are not outraged by attempts by Democratic Incumbents to Gerrymander or FIX the Voting System by passing Rules like the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee passed this year - that Black Balls - that discriminates against any Newcomers 

Pelosi & Schumer are Complicit in this illegal unethical attempt to keep power 

They both should be in Prison Cell next to Trump 

How can you call yourself a Democracy when the Voting System is corrupted in favor of Incumbents to the exclusion of anyone with New Ideas - New Perspectives - not willing to commit to complete Loyalty to the Hierarchy until if your good at Patronizing - one day it might be your turn 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

"The biggest problem with D's, in my view, is that for years, they have conceded elections in red states. You can't win what you aren't willing to work for. Now the gerrymandering has fully gripped those states, and SCOTUS just said "no problem". To try and win them back will take time and money, and work at state levels to combat the gerrymandered districts. "

Yup .......  you got that right.

sr41
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19

@mickstuder wrote:

The US Constitution Has No Mandate for Americans who serve to concentrate on Winning Elections

Our Entire Country is Crumbling around us - the coming Environmental Armageddon is not being prepared for

We are going to leave our Grandchildren with a Third World Country with Broken Infrastructure Too Costly to Fix - a Budget & Debt Crisis that is insurmountable

That's true. Obama complained about it often. Congress gets nothing done because, he said, "every day is election day". And nothing moves forward without some degree of compromise when you have split rule, either a split House and Senate that we have now, or split Congress and WH that Obama had to deal with for 6 years. 

That's one reason we need term limits for Congress.

However, it's also true that the political parties hold too much power over elections and campaigns, thus "the establishment".  "The establishment" determines who gets money, and which states and districts are considered "worth the effort" to campaign or challenge an incumbent of the other party, or even allow a challenge to a party incumbent. Which leads us to the need to get money out of politics.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19

@rker321 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

First of all, Clinton was not Obama's third term. She differed quite a bit with Obama, especially in the foreign policy areas. She was actually trying to sell herself as her husband's third term. 

She lost because she took D's in the midwest for granted, and Trump was there to scoop up just enough of them (with a little help from his Russian pals and bots) to eek out the electoral college vote.

I'm not campaigning for any incumbents in Congress. Quite the opposite. I'd like to see most, if not all, of them gone. I'd also like a presidential candidate that supports term limits. The only way Congress will ever get anything done is by putting them on term limits. 82% of Americans favor term limits. 

https://www.termlimits.com/2020-presidential-candidates-on-term-limits/

I'm not campaigning for Biden either. He isn't my first choice, but if it turns out he's the guy that can most likely beat Trump, I'd vote for him.

D's were not unhappy or tired of the 8-years of President Obama. They were unhappy that Mitch McConnell blocked him at every move. D's should be targeting McConnell's seat in Ky. The problem is, they won't find a candidate and spend the money to go after him.

The biggest problem with D's, in my view, is that for years, they have conceded elections in red states. You can't win what you aren't willing to work for. Now the gerrymandering has fully gripped those states, and SCOTUS just said "no problem". To try and win them back will take time and money, and work at state levels to combat the gerrymandered districts. 

Instead, they tend to concentrate their entire efforts on a few purple states, take blue states, and for Clinton, blue-leaning states, for granted. They don't bother to show up in red states, at all. They only come to Texas to attend fundraisers in Dallas, Houston, and Austin because there are some big-money D's in the cities. They seldom hold any campaign rallies in red states. Like Beto said, if you want people to vote for you "you have to show up, and show up often".

The scenario that you are depicting is what many are already saying that it could happen. Democrats will win the popular vote and loose the electoral vote. that is why is not important that they stop the way they are  going  and focus on winning the next elections. stop the in fighting and re group.

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

@MaVolta wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

First of all, Clinton was not Obama's third term. She differed quite a bit with Obama, especially in the foreign policy areas. She was actually trying to sell herself as her husband's third term. 

She lost because she took D's in the midwest for granted, and Trump was there to scoop up just enough of them (with a little help from his Russian pals and bots) to eek out the electoral college vote.

I'm not campaigning for any incumbents in Congress. Quite the opposite. I'd like to see most, if not all, of them gone. I'd also like a presidential candidate that supports term limits. The only way Congress will ever get anything done is by putting them on term limits. 82% of Americans favor term limits. 

I'm not campaigning for Biden either. He isn't my first choice, but if it turns out he's the guy that can most likely beat Trump, I'd vote for him.

D's were not unhappy or tired of the 8-years of President Obama. They were unhappy that Mitch McConnell blocked him at every move. D's should be targeting McConnell's seat in Ky. The problem is, they won't find a candidate and spend the money to go after him.

The biggest problem with D's, in my view, is that for years, they have conceded elections in red states. You can't win what you aren't willing to work for. Now the gerrymandering has fully gripped those states, and SCOTUS just said "no problem". To try and win them back will take time and money, and work at state levels to combat the gerrymandered districts. 

Instead, they tend to concentrate their entire efforts on a few purple states, take blue states, and for Clinton, blue-leaning states, for granted. They don't bother to show up in red states, at all. They only come to Texas to attend fundraisers in Dallas, Houston, and Austin because there are some big-money D's in the cities. They seldom hold any campaign rallies in red states. Like Beto said, if you want people to vote for you "you have to show up, and show up often".

The scenario that you are depicting is what many are already saying that it could happen. Democrats will win the popular vote and loose the electoral vote. that is why is not important that they stop the way they are  going  and focus on winning the next elections. stop the in fighting and re group.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19

@mickstuder wrote:

If Voters were looking for a Obama 3rd Term they would have Elected Clinton

Biden is in front because of Name Recognition

The More Biden is Forced to talk the less in front he becomes because there is No Substance and his 4 Decades in the Senate produced nothing Tangible for the Middle Class except create the largest Prison Population on the Planet and make Biden a Millionaire

Again as too many do

Your assuming that Americans have a Binary Choice - re-elect Democratic Incumbents or don't Vote

There is another Choice - Get Rid of Trump and the Democratic Incumbents responsible for the lack of good policies that allowed Trump to Spawn in the First Place

Why Folks do Not Understand why Trump Won is inconceivable to me

We just came off 8 years of Obama and the Democrats Policies

Traditional Democratic Voters - Voted for Trump in large numbers

That Issue Has Not Been Addressed - Those Democratic Politicians responsible for the Environment that did nothing for the Middle Class except Talk a Good Sounding Schtick - gave us Trump

Kudos
Views