Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 41% of Republicans uncomfortable with woman as president.

Message 1 of 16
So you elected Trump?????????????????????

Help, I fell down laughing and can't get up!不不.......................................不不不不不不不不

Yep, Trump was elected and he represents even those who have fallen down. What I like most is he represents those who don't even look like they could be his son. He represents those who mock, LOL, have no interest in protecting our borders, who live on Government assistance and anyone else who is in this country legally and does not break the laws set forth. So, perhaps he will be elected for a second term. Time will tell. I hear a lot who are in favor of a second term. If he is elected, some better watch those falls. I've seen a lot of people never recover from a fall.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

@Soosie wrote:
Thats not what the poll asked. You cant change the question........................Sorry, I don't open links in this group. You can't change the fact that Hillary lost either. I hope she runs again so another loss will let her know she can't be elected. If the right, woman who has the good of the American people first runs, I will be the first to support her. Who knows, perhaps she will come from my state? I can think of one. My work career has many times caused me to train men. Some of them resented a woman doing this. I am sure as some think there are some good ole boys who still resent women doing anything much except saying, "You da man." I see that thinking by some ole timers on this board. Times are changing. I hope the right woman comes out of the pack and runs, but I don't see them yet.

Well, then Im puzzled as to why you commented without understanding context.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

@Soosie wrote:

Republicans don't want someone elected solely on the basis of their sex.  This was true with Hillary. 

So true, @Soosie. You said it correctly. Republicans DON'T want someone elected SOLELY on the basis of their SEX.

That's why so few Republicans voted for Hillary.... she was a woman.

It couldn't have been anything else.

After all, Hillary chaired a Task Force on Health Care Reform as First Lady. Throughout her career, she chaired many committees and task forces. She was also a United States Senator, having served on the Armed Services Committee and several others as a Senator. Oh, and then.... she was also Secretary of State.......... but like you said...........Republicans don't want women in the POTUS position.

Republicans elected a man instead. One that bragged about touching private parts of women, one that declared bankruptcy six times, and one that has lied thousands of times since his election.

But, at least he's a man.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

@Panjandrum wrote:

Soosie:  .  We want someone that represents all Americans

Help, I fell down laughing and can't get up!不不不不不不不不不不

I was laughing so hard my "A" literally fell off....

Image result for ass literally falling off gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

@Soosie wrote:

Cent....yes, Soo......you certainly have the right to your view,  Well, thank you.  but I also have the right to mine. You sure do and others have the right to ask you questions or provide input.  No one has taken that right away from you.  So what's your point?
You don't seem to appreciate the fact that others have the right to respond to you, ask you questions and disagree with you......unless, of course, they agree with you.  It's called discussion....If you resent it, this may not be the best place to share your views. I endured Obama and the dancing queen for 8 years and didn't post a lot about them. I accepted them as President and First Lady. I would never have gotten all the heartburn over them some in this group seems to have over President Trump. Unless of course an opportunity arises where you can attack the Dancing Queens dancing in a topic completely unrelated......But Great! Neither of them are bigots or misogynists, or liars....all of which aren't American or Christian Values..  Though there were several Conservatives here who had quite a bit of heartburn about them.  So?  Many people loath the idiot in the White House, not just those here, in fact, MOST Americans disapprove of his performance and it is indeed "a performance".  So what's your point?  Do you think you should be treated differently?

I think it is unhealthy to dwell on one person my entire time. Good.  I think it is called obsession and as you may know obsessive behavior is not so healthy.  It can be an awesome way to effect change.  Though the obsessive behavior by right-wing hate groups which result in running over a young lady, shooting Jewish worshipers, sending bombs to Democratic leaders and the media is certainly, "not so healthy".  Ya see?  We agree.  Thanks!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

Soosie:  .  We want someone that represents all Americans

Help, I fell down laughing and can't get up!不不不不不不不不不不

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16
Cent......you certainly have the right to your view, but I also have the right to mine. I endured Obama and the dancing queen for 8 years and didn't post a lot about them. I accepted them as President and First Lady. I would never have gotten all the heartburn over them some in this group seems to have over President Trump.

I think it is unhealthy to dwell on one person my entire time. I think it is called obsession and as you may know obsessive behavior is not so healthy.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

@Soosie wrote:
Thats not what the poll asked. You cant change the question........................Sorry, I don't open links in this group. You can't change the fact that Hillary lost either. Not sure she did.... I hope she runs again so another loss will let her know she can't be elected.  Why is that important to you?  If the right, woman who has the good of the American people first runs, I will be the first to support her. Who knows, perhaps she will come from my state? Nicky could be "acceptable"....maybe she'll run with Mitt as her VP.....could be a good team......I can think of one. My work career has many times caused me to train men. Some of them resented a woman doing this.  Well, it could have been the woman training them, not her chromosomes.  I am sure as some think there are some good ole boys who still resent women doing anything much except saying, "You da man." Yes, there are many neanderthal types that still scrape their knuckles on the ground.....sadly, many woman still embrace these types.   I see that thinking by some ole timers on this board. And sometimes you "see" it when it doesn't exist.  Times are changing. Praise the Lord! I hope the right woman comes out of the pack and runs, but I don't see them yet.  Fair enough!  What about Oprah?  A GREAT business woman and one that is trustworthy.....and doesn't have a son she lusts after.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

@Soosie wrote:

There is some truth in this, but it is mis-leading.  Maybe you choose to ignore the link provided......I'll give you a hand.....

A survey from YouGov/The Economist asked: "If you honestly assessed yourself, how comfortable are you with a woman President of the United States?"

It had nothing to do with voting for someone "solely on the basis of their sex."

This was true with Hillary. ....one of the most professionally qualified candidate in our lifetime.....

If the right canidate runs and show she represents all of the people, I don't think many Republicans would have any problem with sex, race, or other.  We want someone that represents all Americans So why did Repubs elect trump.....he doesn't represnt "all Americans"???   and especially those who were born here or came into the country legally and became citizens.   Well, they are the ones who actually vote....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16
Thats not what the poll asked. You cant change the question........................Sorry, I don't open links in this group. You can't change the fact that Hillary lost either. I hope she runs again so another loss will let her know she can't be elected. If the right, woman who has the good of the American people first runs, I will be the first to support her. Who knows, perhaps she will come from my state? I can think of one. My work career has many times caused me to train men. Some of them resented a woman doing this. I am sure as some think there are some good ole boys who still resent women doing anything much except saying, "You da man." I see that thinking by some ole timers on this board. Times are changing. I hope the right woman comes out of the pack and runs, but I don't see them yet.
Kudos
Views