Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: # 41, George HW Bush has died.

Message 1 of 20

I BELEIVE GEORGE H W BUSH WAS A GREAT AND HONEST PRESIDENT CAUSE HE TRULY LOVED HIS COUNTRY!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

I first met him at age 12 in 1966 when my mom was on his first Congressional campaign in Houston.  Super nice person.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

The one thing that stands out to me about the Bush 41 presidency was his handling of the situation in Kuwait. Having served has CIA director and VP, he had a good understanding of world politics and in particular, the situation in the middle east.

He gathered a coalition, and set out a mission to remove Iraqui forces from Kuwait, and allow Kuwait to reclaim their oil fields. It was a quick strike, and it was over in a few days. It was General Schwarzkopf who wanted to keep going all the way to Baghdad, and take out Saddam Hussein. Bush held his ground and said no. It's too bad that Bush 43 never understood why his father made that decision, or if he did, he paid it no mind. We all fully understand it now. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

not happy with him as president at all. we are still stuck with his conservative judges. which is how we ended up with his son as president. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

George H.W. Bush was a nice person and very astute, but nice guys finish last; although his heart was in the right place. Unfortunately, his word was not always his bond, as opposed to the replies of many.  Nonetheless, bless him and his family.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

@mickstuder wrote:

Trump Mocked Bush's 'a thousand points of light,'

"What the - Expletive" - is that?

Has anyone ever figured that one out?" Trump said just last July 2018.

During a July 5 political rally in Montana, Trump attacked Bush, saying, "Thousand points of light, I never quite got that one."

"What the - expleteve - is that?" Trump said.

"Has anyone ever figured that one out? And it was put out by a Republican, wasn't it?

I know one thing, Make America Great Again we understand. Putting America first we understand."

The remarks were met with disdain by those who were close to Bush. Ari Fleischer, who was son George W. Bush's White House press secretary, tweeted at the time,

"This is so uncalled for. Going after a 94-year-old, former President's promotion of volunteerism. I don't mind potus being a fighter. I do mind him being rude."

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trumps-praise-bush-s-thousand-points-light-president-once-mocke...

Amazing. the first response to the sensitively phrased topic is pure hate driven. 

It has to be tough going through life like that.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

@Soosie wrote:

@Mick.............You titled your post about George H. W.Bush has died. Then you took a swipe at the First Lady and her fashion. Since I thought you wanted to discuss fashion, I replied as such. Then you changed it to what you think are the Ex-First Lady's accomplishments. Kinda confusing. I still think of what Michelle said about not being proud of America until her husband took office. Sorry, I don't remember many of her accomplishments. To each his own. I am proud to have a genuine First Lady again who would never go on Ellen and gyrate.  I love dance, but hate to see someone who can't make a fool of herself.

Not My Post

Post started by A Fisher

I mentioned Trump was going to Bush Funeral after taking unprovoked Cheap Shots at a Dying US President just a few short months ago

Subsequent Post by A Fisher Discussed Pardons for Reagan

I Raised Additional Scumbags HW Bush Pardoned or Worked to Obfuscate Punishment of

In a Subsequent post I also commented about my respect for the former Bush President

When I realised Melania would also be attending - I mentioned how the Media would turn what should be a Trubute to Bush into coverage of the Trumps Words & Actions inculding Melanias obsession with Fashion - BTW - I felt the same way about the Camelot presentation by the Media about Jackie Kennedy and all her Pomp Circumstance and Obsession with being a Fashionista - you proably weren't on this Forum back then or had access to my commentary which back them was primarily in Letters to the Editors

You Took it into the Realm of Identity Politics & Personal by introducing the size of Michelle Obamas Muscles

After that it digressed but I still continued to offer fact-based discussion & sourcing to support my personal opinions

Those are the Facts and the Facts are Melania is a Model & she conducts herself as Fist Lady as if she is the Foucus and not the Whitehouse and Certainly not the Country 

How can you take anyone seriously - who's First Official Campaign as First Lady was to Raise the Issue of Bullying and refuse to Condemn her own Husbands Consistent to this Day Bullying of Woman of Subordinates of people all over the World as the President of the USA who sets the Moral & Ethical Tone of what should be Normal

He has set the tone & I'm going to continue playing his Music until Either the Courts or Congress throw him in Jail where he belongs or the Voters throw him out of Office by Demanding his Impreachment or at the very least resignation

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

President George H.W.Bush was a heroic , honest and humble Man , who put Country before Party. IMHO , he was the last solid Republican President to lead our Nation. What a class act , who will be missed from both sides of the aisle.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

George HW Bush.png

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

@Mick.............You titled your post about George H. W.Bush has died. Then you took a swipe at the First Lady and her fashion. Since I thought you wanted to discuss fashion, I replied as such. Then you changed it to what you think are the Ex-First Lady's accomplishments. Kinda confusing. I still think of what Michelle said about not being proud of America until her husband took office. Sorry, I don't remember many of her accomplishments. To each his own. I am proud to have a genuine First Lady again who would never go on Ellen and gyrate.  I love dance, but hate to see someone who can't make a fool of herself.

Kudos
Views