Join AARP panelists live Nov. 18 for a free webinar on ride-sharing. Register now to learn more about apps like Uber and Lyft.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 4 Months Out - Dems Have No Consistent Message/Strategy

Message 1 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

There is no doubt Trump is a Racist - the Courts have spoken

What Court is that?

May be talking about the tennis court.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 53

@mickstuder wrote:

What Court is that?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 53

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Oh, the old capital gains gambit - you can talk yourself silly talking about cap gains. The reason for the "preference" is to encourage investment while taking on risk. Your example is valid which is why Warren Buffett is quick to point out he pays less (%) than his secretary. Trump lowered all normal income rates and didn't touch cap gain rates so Buffett will continue to pay more dollars but less percentage than his secretary!

I agree that one argument for a lower capital gains rate is to get you to invest. I would point out that you seem to have made the argument for increasing the capital gains rates with your Buffet example. 

The other sneaky devil is the AMT which if you tried the cap gains gambit with no income, the AMT might just bite you! Also, increasing the cap gains rate would cause tremors in the stock market if not a crash!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 53

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Oh, the old capital gains gambit - you can talk yourself silly talking about cap gains. The reason for the "preference" is to encourage investment while taking on risk. Your example is valid which is why Warren Buffett is quick to point out he pays less (%) than his secretary. Trump lowered all normal income rates and didn't touch cap gain rates so Buffett will continue to pay more dollars but less percentage than his secretary!

I agree that one argument for a lower capital gains rate is to get you to invest. I would point out that you seem to have made the argument for increasing the capital gains rates with your Buffet example. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 53

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@PaintItBlack wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@PaintItBlack wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Sure they have a very consistent message...

Resist and Hate anything TRUMP!

Even if it is good for the country.  

They definitely are FOR something:

For raising the income tax.

For open borders.

For more gun control or elimination of all guns.

For a living Constitution.

For universal healthcare.

For minimum wages raised to $15.

For guaranteed income.

For climate change initiatives.

For cutting military expenses.

For free college.

For "fairness doctrine".

For more liberal justices.

I probably left many items out but that's my list.

Not bad. Maybe you have talked to a liberal lately.

For raising the income tax.

This is a possible but actually we just didn't want the tax cut gift to billionaires. Any sane economist knows that you don't cut revenue when the economy is in flux.

For open borders.

This is a complete lie. NO LIBERAL has ever made that statement.

For a living Constitution.

Well, yeah. Why, do you think blacks are still only 3/5 of a person and women shouldn't be allowed to vote? Are you high?

For guaranteed income.

Works for other civilized nations, even those in which people like you say they're "infested" with those dirty immigrants. Personally, I'm not decided on this. Neither are many other liberals. I have no idea where you get the idea that we think like members of a hive or something.

For free college.

This, of course, would solve most of our economic and social problems immediately. Of course you think it's a bad thing. Also, see my comment above about civilized nations.

For "fairness doctrine".

Funny how "fairness" is a dirty word to righties.

For more liberal justices.

Why not? You're in favor of more conservative justices, aren't you? You mean we're not allowed to have opinions?

All the rest are pretty much absolute. And would also solve a million problems in the U.S. 

Really, you are hilarious.

Insanity is your platform which is why you are destined to LOSE! I can see that you don't really understand a "living Constitution" yet you want it.

Well, I gave you a detailed response on my personal thoughts and you called me insane.

Wait, aren't you the poster who refuses to hear what an actual liberal thinks and only wants to know what Fox News says liberals thinks? That would explain a lot.

I didn't call you insane but I did call your platform (Democrats goals) insane. I know what liberals want - Hear it every day. Free money, higher taxes on others, free healthcare, free school, guaranteed minimum wage/income, more food stamps, more Obamaphones, free internet - you see the theme (free stuff that others pay for).

1. No Food Stamp Recipient is Getting Rich off of Food Stamps - For a family of three, the poverty line used to calculate SNAP benefits in federal fiscal year 2018 is $1,702 a month - the Average Monthly Payment for a Family of 3 in the USA is $376 Month - the Absolute Maximum that Family can Receive - $504 - Even at the Max thats 6k a year

2. Scott Pruit Alone has ripped off the US Tax Payers for Millions - talk about Freeloading

3. This is how much Rich People will make in just the First year of the GOP Tax Break compared to the poor people - hey add in the 6k in Food Stamps and poor people are no where close to the Millions the Already Rich will receive - talk about Free Stuff

GOP TAX Cuts.png

You would expect the ones getting gouged the most in income taxes would get the most back when there is a tax reduction. I doubt if the left views it that way thinking they should get the most.

Top 1% re paying 46% of all taxes.

Wonder how much the rich pay in federal income tax? According to estimates by the Tax Policy Foundation, the top 1 percent of earners (incomes in excess of $615,000) are paying nearly half — 45.7 percent — of individual income taxes for tax year 2014.

https://www.bankrate.com/financing/wealth/what-does-1-percent-pay-in-taxes/

I know, the left should ONLY get the tax cuts!

If you beleive that........................I'll bet you also Beleive that North Korea is No Longer a Nuclear Threat to the USA and the rest of the World - Hey Trump is the President and that exactly what he said so it must be True Right?

Wrong

Let’s say you and I are neighbors. You’re an emergency room doctor, and I don’t work, thanks to a pile of money my grandparents left me.

You spend your days and nights stitching up gunshot wounds and helping children survive asthma attacks. I’ve gotten really good at World of Warcraft, winning EBay auctions, and frying shi**bleep**o peppers to just the right crispiness.

Let’s also say we both report $300,000 in income to the Internal Revenue Service this year. Who pays more in taxes?

You do, by a lot. You owe the IRS about $38,500 more, assuming each of us pays the maximum with no special deductions. I also have more flexibility to lower my burden with tax planning strategies and other tricks, and I get to skip about $24,000 in payroll taxes that you and your employer must fork over each year.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

1. I'm Sure You Know The Power of the US Presidency - even on Social Media it causes people to act violently 

I can show you antifa violence. Can you show me social media violence caused by the President.

2. I'm Sure you know how many times Trump has called for Violence at his Rallies

No I Don't. "Get him outa here" with regards to a disputer (paid or otherwise) seems more appropriate than stopping speakers at Universities or harassing a person having dinner with her family.

3. I know nothing about Anitifa - I don't know a Single Person claiming to be from Antifa & I'm sure you know I don;t need people to be on my side of anything

Yet they are acting as the brown shirts of the left which calls our President a Nazi.

4. The Executive Order That Started this Entire Immigration Debacle including the Comprehensive Muslim Ban & Seperating Babies from their Parents

There was no "Comprehensive Muslim Ban". As to babies - I assume you are talking about babies used by their mothers as "get out of jail" cards - as it worked in the past.

5. Look up Heather Heyer if you don't already know who she is - and she was killed by a White Racist just like Trump and the Members of his Cult

You were fine up to "White Racist" but then you went overboard.

You know when I was here before - I don;t remember the Blatant Lies

Any specifics on that offensive statement?

1. Executive Order 13769, titled Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States, often referred to as the Muslim ban[1] or the travel ban, was an executive order issued by United States President Donald Trump. Except for the extent to which it was blocked by various courts, it was in effect from 27 January 2017, until 16 March 2017, when it was superseded by Executive Order 13780.

"often referred to" does not make it reality. It was actually about 7 specific NATIONS as defined by Obama as needing additional scrutiny.

2. MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Tuesday played a montage of clips of the many times President Trump has directly called for violence from his supporters as a new debate over civility has dominated the political conversation.

I didn't see it. Do you have examples other than the situation I described above?

The series of clips includes Trump telling supporters he'd like to punch a protester in the face and wondering if the "Second Amendment people" could stop then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton- how about stop her from getting elected?

Source - http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394128-morning-joe-plays-montage-of-the-many-times-trump-encourage...

Are we cool on the other three items??

Here is a partial list of some of the very well known White Nationalists Groups in the USA - all of them Support Trump - at least one of them is Responsible for the Death of a American Citizen in the name of Trump - Trump has never Condemned these Groups at least not with even the same Zeal that he attacks the US Free Press - Again I have no Knowledge of Antifa and I know of no Democratic Party Members who defend or support them and most have condemned them and their activities

white natioonalists.png

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_white_nationalist_organizations#United_States

Is that in some way related to the topic or the post it was (theoretically) in response to?

If you are suggesting that the President is a racist or I as a supposed "cult" member am a racist, I believe you have, once again, gone off the deep end.

If you are a Trump Supporter then you support Racism - if there is some thin line in there that allows you to exclude that conclusion - great - but it's a distinction that is meaningless to most

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 53

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

1. I'm Sure You Know The Power of the US Presidency - even on Social Media it causes people to act violently 

I can show you antifa violence. Can you show me social media violence caused by the President.

2. I'm Sure you know how many times Trump has called for Violence at his Rallies

No I Don't. "Get him outa here" with regards to a disputer (paid or otherwise) seems more appropriate than stopping speakers at Universities or harassing a person having dinner with her family.

3. I know nothing about Anitifa - I don't know a Single Person claiming to be from Antifa & I'm sure you know I don;t need people to be on my side of anything

Yet they are acting as the brown shirts of the left which calls our President a Nazi.

4. The Executive Order That Started this Entire Immigration Debacle including the Comprehensive Muslim Ban & Seperating Babies from their Parents

There was no "Comprehensive Muslim Ban". As to babies - I assume you are talking about babies used by their mothers as "get out of jail" cards - as it worked in the past.

5. Look up Heather Heyer if you don't already know who she is - and she was killed by a White Racist just like Trump and the Members of his Cult

1. Executive Order 13769, titled Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States, often referred to as the Muslim ban[1] or the travel ban, was an executive order issued by United States President Donald Trump. Except for the extent to which it was blocked by various courts, it was in effect from 27 January 2017, until 16 March 2017, when it was superseded by Executive Order 13780.

"often referred to" does not make it reality. It was actually about 7 specific NATIONS as defined by Obama as needing additional scrutiny.

2. MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Tuesday played a montage of clips of the many times President Trump has directly called for violence from his supporters as a new debate over civility has dominated the political conversation.

I didn't see it. Do you have examples other than the situation I described above?

The series of clips includes Trump telling supporters he'd like to punch a protester in the face and wondering if the "Second Amendment people" could stop then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton- how about stop her from getting elected?

Source - http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394128-morning-joe-plays-montage-of-the-many-times-trump-encourage...

Here is a partial list of some of the very well known White Nationalists Groups in the USA - all of them Support Trump - at least one of them is Responsible for the Death of a American Citizen in the name of Trump - Trump has never Condemned these Groups at least not with even the same Zeal that he attacks the US Free Press - Again I have no Knowledge of Antifa and I know of no Democratic Party Members who defend or support them and most have condemned them and their activities

white natioonalists.png

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_white_nationalist_organizations#United_States

Is that in some way related to the topic or the post it was (theoretically) in response to?

If you are suggesting that the President is a racist or I as a supposed "cult" member am a racist, I believe you have, once again, gone off the deep end.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

white natioonalists.png

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 53

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

The series of clips includes Trump telling supporters he'd like to punch a protester in the face and wondering if the "Second Amendment people" could stop then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: