Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 300 priests in Pennsylvania's Catholic Church

Message 21 of 46

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Why do so many want to blame 'homosexuals' instead of 'sexual predators'? There is a big difference. It was noted that one particular priest raped nuns, little boys and little girls. Homosexual and sexual predator are not synonymous. Persons of any sexuality can be a predator. @ChasKy53.......I'm having trouble understanding why so many miss that I said a long time ago a poster in this group bragged about "doing boys" as he put it. I am guessing that boys did not mean men. That sounds more like a predator to me. If I had grandchildren and he lived in my area, I would not want the grandchildren around him. Now, knowing how you like to come back and demand proof, forget it. I don't have this anywhere except in my memory and it remained because I could not believe someone would be so bold and so stupid to post that even if it was for shock value.

Again, a grown man having sex with young children is not a "homosexual" problem, it is a "sexual predator" problem. There are sexual predators of all sexualities.

Since you seem much more knowledgeable about the topic - do predators have no gender preferences?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

This is 2018 - The Catholic Church is still Morally Corrupt............this kind of thing will keep coming out for ever ........ The Catholic Church itself should be - Excommunicated 

Report details sexual abuse by more than 300 priests in Pennsylvania's Catholic Church

(CNN) - A new grand jury report says that internal documents from six Catholic dioceses in Pennsylvania show that more than 300 "predator priests" have been credibly accused of sexually abusing more than 1,000 child victims.

We believe that the real number of children whose records were lost or who were afraid ever to come forward is in the thousands," the grand jury report says.

Source - CNN 

Seems to be a lot of little boys involved. Do you suppose the Catholic Church has a homosexual problem?

Well in this Pa scandal there are reports of many young girls who were also abused - this is another issue where White Men with enormous amounts of power and no independent oversight get to make all the rules and they do it all under the Umbrella of Service to God 

Yes there were some girls involved. But under the circumstances do you think the Catholic Church has a homosexual problem?

And "White Men" - do you think the child being abused is concerned with the race of the abuser?? Or did you have some point to make with that comment? 

Yes the point I'm trying to make is that as with most issues involving Abuse of Power in the USA - the Sexual Abuse By Individuals in Religious Cults Against Young Children in America is committed predominantly by Powerful White American Men

According to Pew Research

1. While the U.S. is generally considered a highly religious nation, African-Americans are markedly more religious on a variety of measures than the U.S. population as a whole, including level of affiliation with a religion, attendance at religious services, frequency of prayer and religion’s importance in life.

2. Compared with other racial and ethnic groups, African-Americans are among the most likely to report a formal religious affiliation, with fully 87% of African-Americans describing themselves as belonging to one religious group or another, according to the U.S. Religious Landscape Survey, conducted in 2007 by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life.

3. Latinos also report affiliating with a religion at a similarly high rate of 85%; among the public overall, 83% are affiliated with a religion.

4.  The Landscape Survey also finds that nearly eight-in-ten African-Americans (79%) say religion is very important in their lives, compared with 56% among all U.S. adults.

5. In fact, even a large majority (72%) of African-Americans who are unaffiliated with any particular faith say religion plays at least a somewhat important role in their lives; nearly half (45%) of unaffiliated African-Americans say religion is very important in their lives, roughly three times the percentage who says this among the religiously unaffiliated population overall (16%).

So I think it's Fair to Conclude -

Sexual Abuse of Children in the USA involving Religion - is commiteed by White Men

African Americans are much more involved in Church and in the Religious Community than Whites

Whites appear to associate Religion as a Taking Point a Faux Badge of Honor rather than something that is integral in their Lives...............................

Jack Phillips in Colorado being a Prime Example - his statement on Religious Affiliation - I am loosely associated with roots in the Baptist Relgion

So no I don't necessarily think the Catholic Cult has a Homosexual Problem - I think they have a Powerful White Men in Power issue

Blacks are much more Religious - and yet No Mass Sexual Abuse Against Children in their Churches

To answer your Question YES White or Black Children in a Church run by White Men should be much more Concerned about being Sexually Abused than White or Black Children in a Church run by Black Men

Powerful White Men in American are the biggest ABUSERS regardless of the Subject Matter PERIOD - FULL STOP

Tax Fraud - Sexual Abuse - Bank Fraud - Money Laundering - Adultery - Political Corruption - Treason - Conspiracy against the USA - Etc.

However, the Ratio of Americans prosecuted and convicted for Criminal Activity in the USA is skewed 8 out of 10 against Blacks

Source - http://www.pewforum.org/2009/01/30/a-religious-portrait-of-african-americans/

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 46

@Soosie wrote:
Again, a grown man having sex with young children is not a "homosexual" problem, it is a "sexual predator" problem. There are sexual predators of all sexualities.@ChasKy53..........Finally, we agree on something. I thought the poster who made the bold statements about "doing boys" even if he didn't mention girls, is a predator. Now, having watched the poster for some time, it could have been for shock value, but if so, that ain't such a well person either.

Good that you understand this is not something that has anything to do with homosexuality, but our poster still wants to make it an anti-gay issue, wondering how the pedophile selects his/her victims and implying there's a connection to homosexuality, gay or lesbian.

For the record, the pedophile picks its victims BECAUSE THEY ARE YOUNG (prepubescent), and the instances of same-sex victims are a matter of AVAILABILITY - in most cases, its easier for a pedophile to gain access to a same-sex victim.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 46

The sad thing about all of this is how the Catholic church has protected these predators over the years and tried to 'sweep it under the rug'.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

This is 2018 - The Catholic Church is still Morally Corrupt............this kind of thing will keep coming out for ever ........ The Catholic Church itself should be - Excommunicated 

Report details sexual abuse by more than 300 priests in Pennsylvania's Catholic Church

(CNN) - A new grand jury report says that internal documents from six Catholic dioceses in Pennsylvania show that more than 300 "predator priests" have been credibly accused of sexually abusing more than 1,000 child victims.

We believe that the real number of children whose records were lost or who were afraid ever to come forward is in the thousands," the grand jury report says.

Source - CNN 

Seems to be a lot of little boys involved. Do you suppose the Catholic Church has a homosexual problem?

You are confusing 'homosexual' with 'sexual preditor', do you realize that?  There is an extreme difference between 'homosexual' and 'sexual preditor'.

Not being well versed in the topic, I need your help. Pedophiles like small children. Small children come in two genders. What makes an individual pick one gender over the other?

Ask your local sexual predator priest.

Perhaps it could be that within the Catholic church priests work closely with young male children and nuns work closely with young female children. Because of this the priests have close and easy access to the young male children.

There are sexual predators, both male and female, of all sexualities. To refer to someone who sexually abuses a male child as a homosexual is simply bigoted and shallow minded.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 46
Again, a grown man having sex with young children is not a "homosexual" problem, it is a "sexual predator" problem. There are sexual predators of all sexualities.@ChasKy53..........Finally, we agree on something. I thought the poster who made the bold statements about "doing boys" even if he didn't mention girls, is a predator. Now, having watched the poster for some time, it could have been for shock value, but if so, that ain't such a well person either.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 46

@Soosie wrote:
Why do so many want to blame 'homosexuals' instead of 'sexual predators'? There is a big difference. It was noted that one particular priest raped nuns, little boys and little girls. Homosexual and sexual predator are not synonymous. Persons of any sexuality can be a predator. @ChasKy53.......I'm having trouble understanding why so many miss that I said a long time ago a poster in this group bragged about "doing boys" as he put it. I am guessing that boys did not mean men. That sounds more like a predator to me. If I had grandchildren and he lived in my area, I would not want the grandchildren around him. Now, knowing how you like to come back and demand proof, forget it. I don't have this anywhere except in my memory and it remained because I could not believe someone would be so bold and so stupid to post that even if it was for shock value.

Again, a grown man having sex with young children is not a "homosexual" problem, it is a "sexual predator" problem. There are sexual predators of all sexualities.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 46

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Source - CNN 

You are confusing 'homosexual' with 'sexual preditor', do you realize that?  There is an extreme difference between 'homosexual' and 'sexual preditor'.

Not being well versed in the topic, I need your help. Pedophiles like small children. Small children come in two genders. What makes an individual pick one gender over the other?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 46

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
@seems to be a lot of little boys involved. Do you suppose the Catholic Church has a homosexual problem? @Mick.........I think not only the Catholic Church may have a homosexual problem but perhaps it extends as a problem far beyond the church. I can remember seeing in this group where one bragged about it. That was a long time ago and I don't keep a library like some, but do remember it.

Like all Conservatives, you cannot distinguish between homosexuals and pedophiles. You even harbor fragmented memories of someone confessing to adolescent experimentation and conflate that into homosexuality, which you then transmogrify into pedophilia. Most telling of all is your insistence that homosexuality, ( not pedophlia), is a PROBLEM that must be SOLVED. Turn off Fox, stop attending that fundie church and GET A CLUE!

You do have a point. I am politically Conservative and I do not obsess over pedophiles. But, as I understand it, they like small children. Small children come in two genders. Does selecting one over the other indicate something??

"Fox" and "fundie" again - how are they connected to the subject? And who said anything about solving  (excuse me) - SOLVING - homosexuality. You keep interjecting your inner thoughts into these discussions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 46

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Source - CNN 

Well in this Pa scandal there are reports of many young girls who were also abused - this is another issue where White Men with enormous amounts of power and no independent oversight get to make all the rules and they do it all under the Umbrella of Service to God 

Yes there were some girls involved. But under the circumstances do you think the Catholic Church has a homosexual problem?

And "White Men" - do you think the child being abused is concerned with the race of the abuser?? Or did you have some point to make with that comment? 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22