Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 300 priests in Pennsylvania's Catholic Church

Message 1 of 46

Report details sexual abuse by more than 300 priests in Pennsylvania's Catholic Church

This kind of stuff cam't be swept under the rug or hidden away. Sexual predators work their way into places they have access to children with a position of authority. Churches, schools, children groups, pageants.

I think the best way to deal with it is head on. 

Talk about it, remove the stigma of shame in children that keeps them quiet and makes them easy prey for sexual predators. I think it's a mistake to suppress bad feelings, because when bad feelings are suppressed good feelings may be suppressed with them. Stuff like this and other factors, like poverty, abuse, dysfunction of some kind alters lives, it can turn people cold hearted.

Children are especially susceptible.

Treat it like cancer, when it pops up burn it out and say I'm a survivor. 

If more people do that, if they talk to each other, they might discover other survivors, they might not be alone or isolated.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 46

@Soosie wrote:
So you are saying the priest who raped the little girl in the hospital after she had her tonsils out was an...........outlier? OK.

I think the nation has a sick, perferted Christian proble @Richva.....Where do you see my endorsement of this behavior? How in the blue blazes do you turn something into a sick comment? Please, post where I said this. It certainly is not in the post you copied.

Your comment suggests that you classify priests who sexually abuse children as a "homosexual problem" rather than what it really is. Is that because you have more of a problem with homosexuality than you do with pedophilia?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

This is 2018 - The Catholic Church is still Morally Corrupt............this kind of thing will keep coming out for ever ........ The Catholic Church itself should be - Excommunicated 

Report details sexual abuse by more than 300 priests in Pennsylvania's Catholic Church

(CNN) - A new grand jury report says that internal documents from six Catholic dioceses in Pennsylvania show that more than 300 "predator priests" have been credibly accused of sexually abusing more than 1,000 child victims.

We believe that the real number of children whose records were lost or who were afraid ever to come forward is in the thousands," the grand jury report says.

Source - CNN 

Seems to be a lot of little boys involved. Do you suppose the Catholic Church has a homosexual problem?

Actually I'd say the Catholic Church has a pedophelia problem. Wouldn't you?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Have to ask how many children will be molested before we close this organization. 

WOW!!!  You sure on an anti-Catholic tear. Is this purely over the abuse issue or do you have a long standing resentment?

No no. Just the abuse issue but you also have to view the cover up as a criminal act. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 46

@Richva wrote:

Have to ask how many children will be molested before we close this organization. 

WOW!!!  You sure on an anti-Catholic tear. Is this purely over the abuse issue or do you have a long standing resentment?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 46

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 46

But Soosie, what did you expect for those Catholic priests,?  after all they are all Liberals, and probably Democrats.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 46
Trump is President now - what is his Plan? @Mick.........you will have to ask him. I am not privy to that information.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 46

It seems pretty obvious that the Catholic church in America has become a criminal organization of pedophiles. We need to see some jail terms for the people responsible for oversight on priests who rape little girls in their hospital beds and we need to see some huge fines and confiscation of property from the church itself. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 46

@Soosie wrote:
Nope - perfidious Frankie is free to engage in deliberate, persisently malicious mendacity - and I'm free to express my opinion that Satan is positively delighted to see that the words and actions of Franklin Graham demonstrate that Frankie has inadvertently and unknowingly changed sides...@Alferd.....I am sure that Franklin Graham will be delighted that you disapprove of him. Sure bet he is on the right track.

Trump is President now - what is his Plan?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: