Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 3% of Americans own 50% of the 265 million guns

Message 51 of 110

@rker321wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

The constitution is not there to "Tell Americans" what they need...  The Constitution provides ALL Americans with certain rights.  The Second Amendment is part of that Constitution.  That same Constitution gives you the right to call our President an idiot with no fear of being placed in a re-education camp.

We are a nation of laws.

Sorry  Jim  your post is not passing mustard.  Your statement is nothing but an excuse to bastardize the second amendment to suit your needs.

And the logic of your statement, to defend ourselves from criminals that may come into our home with AR15  is pretty flimsy. And please don't tell me that you approve of hunters that hunt animals with AR15s     
Yes, your arguments and posts are nothing but following the the views of the NRA  that has poisoned this country in changing the cultural values that have always existed.
Sorry, go on telling those excuses to the mentally challenged people that have no brains to actually discern issues by themselves. 

My post is factually accurate.

Your response is pure emotion.

The truth is still the truth...

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 110

@mandm84wrote:

Really ? Tell me why any Civilian needs a Short Barreled Assault Rifle loaded with 50 Armor Piercing Rounds  with a Collapsible Stock that can be hidden in a Back Pack ???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT states "the NRA only wants guns in the hands of responsible honest citizens to protect themselves from thugs that have an equal amount of firepower (as well as hunting/target practice)"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Then why is the NRA against " Background Checks " ???

Another question I'm sure you will all avoid as well. 

We already have "background checks".  I bought another hand gun last year and I have a Concealed Carry Weapon permit.  The gun store still ran a new background check on me.  After I "Passed" the check my CCW permit allows me to take the gun with me the same day.

Consider educating yourself on this topic before you post.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 110

@ChasKy53wrote:

ROFLMAO !!!!

Cuddling (coddling) kids is not a partisan thing, Democrats aren't the only ones to do that, Republican parents, Independent parents and parents of all political persuasions are are just as guilty.

Better be careful of that ROF especially on a wood floor with splinters.

No one mentioned parents especially but political philosophy and liberalism.  Who is the ones who continually blame some sort of mental illness when someone does something like the one in Florida?  'Think of the kids'..... who is the party that thinks that any sort of adversity is harmful to children growing up?  Who says any sort of physical discipline is abuse?  What happened to 'spare the rod and spoil the child'"

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 110

@ChasKy53wrote:

Your post shows that you completely ignored that boy's life circumstances. I am not justifying what he did, but Scout is correct, those circumstances rendered him homeless and in a dire situation.  We can do better for our youth.

The kid made his choice and it was wrong.  That's the trouble where young people today waits for someone else to do for them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 110

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

It is the Democrats who is as responsible for the permissiveness as Republicans.  Democrats want to cuddle the 'little darlings' so as to not hurt their self-esteem.

You talk of partisanship so often and then make such a statement? Go ahead and criticize me for laughing because I am ROFLMAO !!!!

Cuddling (coddling) kids is not a partisan thing, Democrats aren't the only ones to do that, Republican parents, Independent parents and parents of all political persuasions are are just as guilty.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 110

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

that said, the larger problem is hopelessness. The recent shooter in Flordia was kicked out of school for fighting, his mother died some time ago and his father passed a few months ago and he was homeless at 19. Society should have been there for him with hope for his future, but profits and executive compensation are more important these days, so he decided to "even the score" on his own.

Opportunities are everywhere for those that want them. Just like the previous generations, hard work is needed. For the college bound, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry (the harder subjects) pay big dividends after graduation.

For those that want to make big money without the degree, welders, plumbers, carpenters, and electricians make six figure salaries (some higher than the college kids).

Of course there are those that want to study english, history, anthropology, psychology, botany and many other professions that WON'T pay well.

Those liberal things that take away time from the "old school" subjects like LBGT, climate change, diversity aren't helping either.

Your post shows that you completely ignored that boy's life circumstances. I am not justifying what he did, but Scout is correct, those circumstances rendered him homeless and in a dire situation.  We can do better for our youth.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 110

@rker321wrote:

Sorry  Jim  your post is not passing mustard.  Your statement is nothing but an excuse to bastardize the second amendment to suit your needs.

And the logic of your statement, to defend ourselves from criminals that may come into our home with AR15  is pretty flimsy. And please don't tell me that you approve of hunters that hunt animals with AR15s     
Yes, your arguments and posts are nothing but following the the views of the NRA  that has poisoned this country in changing the cultural values that have always existed.
Sorry, go on telling those excuses to the mentally challenged people that have no brains to actually discern issues by themselves.

The Second Amendment to the Constitution:  A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Ok, can you point out in the verbage of the Second Amendment where JIm is wrong?   What cultural values regarding owning firearms is poisoning the country?  The country's cultural values have been in the ownership of firearms since the first settlers arrived.  Those cultural values followed the pioneers in the expansion across the nation. 

The ones advocating the changing of cultural values are those who are determined to impose their ideas on others.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 110

rker - Sorry  Jim  your post is not passing mustard.  Your statement is nothing but an excuse to bastardize the second amendment to suit your needs.

Bumper sticker legal defense.  High-Five for Nikolas Cruz!  He was exercising his Constitutional right when he legally purchased that rifle.

This from one who makes threats of re-education camps and why you can Constitutionally avoid them.  I think bastardizing is more than appropriate.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 110

@jimc91wrote:

The constitution is not there to "Tell Americans" what they need...  The Constitution provides ALL Americans with certain rights.  The Second Amendment is part of that Constitution.  That same Constitution gives you the right to call our President an idiot with no fear of being placed in a re-education camp.

We are a nation of laws.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 110

Really ? Tell me why any Civilian needs a Short Barreled Assault Rifle loaded with 50 Armor Piercing Rounds  with a Collapsible Stock that can be hidden in a Back Pack ???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT states "the NRA only wants guns in the hands of responsible honest citizens to protect themselves from thugs that have an equal amount of firepower (as well as hunting/target practice)"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Then why is the NRA against " Background Checks " ???

Another question I'm sure you will all avoid as well. 

Kudos
Views