Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 3% of Americans own 50% of the 265 million guns

Message 41 of 110

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Have you read what they have found out about this young man? If not, perhaps you should.

That makes no difference.  There are without thousands with backgrounds like this kid.  Those that turn out like this one is probably a minority of others in the same circumstances.  More liberal indignation without works?

Only small minds can blame everything on "liberal" or "conservative".

Did you read about his background in gravitating toward racism and such? Have you read about what all they have found out about him? Evidently not.

I just hope that something is done to eliminate the ease at which anyone can obtain a weapon likened to an AR-15. Hunters don't need them, citizens don't need them, they are designed to kill people, and very rapidly.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 110

@oceanedge2wrote:

jim - Your response is pure emotion.

The truth is still the truth...

Did you put that in your condolences to the students?  Tell them just like the killer, you pass background checks too?  Buck up kids, the Constitution covers this.

Ok, I'll bite where does the Constitution cover this?  Give the specific reference.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 110

@mandm84wrote:

Really ? Tell me why any Civilian needs a Short Barreled Assault Rifle loaded with 50 Armor Piercing Rounds  with a Collapsible Stock that can be hidden in a Back Pack ???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT states "the NRA only wants guns in the hands of responsible honest citizens to protect themselves from thugs that have an equal amount of firepower (as well as hunting/target practice)"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Then why is the NRA against " Background Checks " ???

Another question I'm sure you will all avoid as well. 

The NRA is NOT against background checks, in fact they are an advocate for them. If liberals want to perform a valuable service, have your representatives mandate adding mental instability to the background check. You will find NRA receptive to this also. I do not belong to NRA but I do have a conceal carry permit and each time I buy a gun I MUST go through that background check (even though I have the conceal carry permit).

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 110

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

ROFLMAO !!!!

Cuddling (coddling) kids is not a partisan thing, Democrats aren't the only ones to do that, Republican parents, Independent parents and parents of all political persuasions are are just as guilty.

Better be careful of that ROF especially on a wood floor with splinters.

No one mentioned parents especially but political philosophy and liberalism. No one mentioned parents?  This is what you said:    Democrats want to cuddle the 'little darlings' so as to not hurt their self-esteem. That would be Democrat parents, right? Who is the ones who continually blame some sort of mental illness when someone does something like the one in Florida? Well, it seems the Republicans do, they sure don't blame it on how easy it is for a kid his age to procure an AR-15  'Think of the kids'..... who is the party that thinks that any sort of adversity is harmful to children growing up? You talk of partisanship and accuse others of it yet you make such a partisan statement.  Who says any sort of physical discipline is abuse? I don't know, who does say that? Can you show proof who does and who doesn't? What happened to 'spare the rod and spoil the child'" You tell me. Do you think we should all beat our children? How do you know that this young man wasn't disciplined by his parents "using the rod"?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 110

@oceanedge2wrote:

The idea that advocates for change are determined to stop the regular occurance of mass murders in our culture is imposing what, a really bad idea Tx? 

So what do you propose?  Make the only way to obtain firearms of any type would be on the street or blackmarket?  Do you think that anyone could dry up the supply?

The question is why the only time gun control comes up is when something like this happens and then the indignation of do-gooders moves on to another indignation? 

There is a way people like you could get something done and that is to amend the Second Amendment....but good luck because because you'd never get it done.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 110

jim - Your response is pure emotion.

The truth is still the truth...

Did you put that in your condolences to the students?  Tell them just like the killer, you pass background checks too?  Buck up kids, the Constitution covers this.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 110

@ChasKy53wrote:

Have you read what they have found out about this young man? If not, perhaps you should.

That makes no difference.  There are without thousands with backgrounds like this kid.  Those that turn out like this one is probably a minority of others in the same circumstances.  More liberal indignation without works?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 110

I am not justifying what he did, but Scout is correct, those circumstances rendered him homeless and in a dire situation.  We can do better for our youth.

And in the meantime, the idiot in chief has made it harder to obtain affordable health insurance, and, therefore, adequate care, while removing restrictions on gun ownership by the mentally ill.

When do we put the blame for this where it belongs?

On the Republicans who have failed to act on commonsense gun control for decades?

On the fear mongering NRA who funds those who protect its bottom line?

On trump who deflects any and all responsibility with the denigration of others?

Or on the ignorants who continue to support all of the above?

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 110

Tx - The ones advocating the changing of cultural values are those who are determined to impose their ideas on others.

The idea that advocates for change are determined to stop the regular occurance of mass murders in our culture is imposing what, a really bad idea Tx?  A step too far?  If you were burying one or more family members today because they were slaughtered while out at the movies, tomorrow would be just another lovely day in your neighborhood.  So it seems.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 110

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Your post shows that you completely ignored that boy's life circumstances. I am not justifying what he did, but Scout is correct, those circumstances rendered him homeless and in a dire situation.  We can do better for our youth.

The kid made his choice and it was wrong.  That's the trouble where young people today waits for someone else to do for them.

No doubt that this kid made a horrible choice, it had nothing to do with "coddling" or waiting for someone to "do for him". Have you read what they have found out about this young man? If not, perhaps you should.

Kudos
Views