From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 3% of Americans own 50% of the 265 million guns

Message 21 of 110

The NRAGOP base will never vote for someone favoring gun control because they believe OUR Government is The Enemy, and there's not enough tinfoil to linetheir hats thickly enough to change their minds.

The ONLY way we're going to get sensible gun control (no semi-auto weapons or magazines/clips over 8 rounds) is to elect DEMOCRATS.

You cannot debate gun control with a rock or a Republican. All you can do is remove them from office and get their replacements to insert sanity into our gun laws.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 110

@mandm84wrote:

You still avoided my question NOT , jimc , Epster or any Far Right Poster !!!

Let me guess why one needs that  50 Armor Piercing Round, Short Barreled Assault Rifle with a Collapsible Stock that one can easly conceal in a Back Pack ?

To Hunt Deer or shoot cans in the backyard !!!

I did answer your question about the word "NEED", you just don't like my answer.  

It is truthful, accurate and lawful.

The Constitution does not determine what any American "NEEDS", It does however give every American certain rights.  Those rights provide every American the opportunity to determine for themselves what they want or need.

@mandm84

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 110

@phyllisc6781wrote:

The shooter was thrown out of his house, lost both parents, had constant police contact, was living in the home of strangers, was thrown out of school, and a poster thinks this is coddling?

The kid's parents had died....he was living with someone who took them in...the moved out to live with a friend's family.

What sort of home was he raised in? His background there might be an indication of why he is what he is today.  A person's upbringing has a lot to do with how a person would act in the face of adversity.  I was aware of his present circumstances.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 110

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@rker321wrote:

Sorry  Jim  your post is not passing mustard.  Your statement is nothing but an excuse to bastardize the second amendment to suit your needs.

And the logic of your statement, to defend ourselves from criminals that may come into our home with AR15  is pretty flimsy. And please don't tell me that you approve of hunters that hunt animals with AR15s     
Yes, your arguments and posts are nothing but following the the views of the NRA  that has poisoned this country in changing the cultural values that have always existed.
Sorry, go on telling those excuses to the mentally challenged people that have no brains to actually discern issues by themselves.

The Second Amendment to the Constitution:  A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Ok, can you point out in the verbage of the Second Amendment where JIm is wrong?   What cultural values regarding owning firearms is poisoning the country?  The country's cultural values have been in the ownership of firearms since the first settlers arrived.  Those cultural values followed the pioneers in the expansion across the nation. 

The ones advocating the changing of cultural values are those who are determined to impose their ideas on others.

That would be the first 13 words. Since the intent is to insure a "well-regulated militia", there is no necessity for PRIVATE CITIZENS to OWN guns, only that they be be allowed to join the National Guard (or other "well regulated militia" like the highway patrol) and be ISSUED a gun.

But generations of electing GOPers who appoint fascists to SCOTUS leaves America the only industrialized nation with 30,000 citizen dying each year because the NRAGOP has lots of money.

Get rid of the elected Republicans, get the fascists off SCOTUS and end the slaughter.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 110

Nobody is not blaming these killers , but to sit back and do nothing because we can't stop every murder is a cop out. There is no common sense explanation to allow a  50 Round Assault Rifle in Civilian hands and If there is one , I'm all ears !!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 110

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Trump does not make laws. The legislature does that. Contact your congress people.

All our politicians have been bought by the NRA  in one way or another either by donating to their campaign or by threatening them with ads that they may harm their campaign.
So, do you have a better solution?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 110

You still avoided my question NOT , jimc , Epster or any Far Right Poster !!!

Let me guess why one needs that  50 Armor Piercing Round, Short Barreled Assault Rifle with a Collapsible Stock that one can easly conceal in a Back Pack ?

To Hunt Deer or shoot cans in the backyard !!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 110

@ChasKy53wrote:

No doubt that this kid made a horrible choice, it had nothing to do with "coddling" or waiting for someone to "do for him". Have you read what they have found out about this young man? If not, perhaps you should.

Finding reasons as to why this young man decided to start killing people, I am sure that if you ask him, he will provide you with his views and excuses as to why  what he did was the right thing to do.
What you are missing is the lack of control that apparently this young man had regarding his own views.
He may be mentally ill, but I doubt that he belongs in a sanitarium or that he doesn't understand the difference between right and wrong.
There needs to be a limit in which things like this happens and what is tolerated in this society disregarding the circumstances.

So  whatever his problems were in life. I can guarantee you that many of us have suffered many unimaginable things and that doesn't mean that we are going to react in a violent manner.
Lack of control, lack of having anyone near that could help him in his grief. whatever it was. It is still a criminal act. and that is what it should not be forgotten.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 110

NOT & jimc , That's for a handgun and not every State requires the same steps to purchase. Look at the whole picture because we are dealing with Mass Murder all over this Nation.

You are incorrect by stating the NRA wants background checks for all gun purchases and background checks are only conducted with purchases through a Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer. Oh did you forget that tidbit ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 110

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

No, my questions are not "irrelevant", you just don't want to answer them. My questions don't indicate that I would accept any number of students being killed, so why do you ask? 

Then the mag size doen't matter.

Sure it matters, but a .22 can kill also.

I'm not "OK" with even (1) student being killed, are you?  Would reducing the numbers be a bad thing to you? Why?

Reducing is fine - but is that good enough for you?

It would be a better start than I have seen any right winger or gun nut offer.

I have never "just blamed the president" and I have never "just blamed the NRA",  and have never blamed just both, funny you would say that to me. 

You are not reading very carefully. And there is nothing funny in that.

I always read very carefully, why does that somehow seem to bother you?

Extremists are too funny.

No they aren't funny - they are dangerous.

Yep, they can most certainly be both.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors