Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 3% of Americans own 50% of the 265 million guns

Message 1 of 110

@Olderscout66wrote:

@MIsekerwrote:

@phyllisc6781wrote:

I also find it interesting that many of these gun owners fit in to the analysts findings with regard to trump supporters. 

I guess I’m not surprised. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

yep..white and rural, between myself , son, and grandkids its got to be approaching 30 guns, and not one modern assault rifle, only 2 small pistols. Im willing to bet tho we dont have ammo for most of these guns. Also, they are *put away*. No serious home defence weapons..I dont consider myself a threatened species, a victim of other people, and i HATE what the NRA does. oh yeah..i havent voted for a Republican in almost 25 years. I think stats might also show a large silent contingent of gun owning quiet progressives.

I think you may be right - I've got rifles, shotguns and a pistol, only the pistol (1903 Colt) is semi-auto and I have no difficulty using them in any legal way, hunting, targets, home defense. In my youth, I had an M-1 and M-2, but found I had no use for either, and submit neither does anyone else who's interested in legal activities (and not dumb enough to think they'll need to play "Red Dawn" even with Der Trumper at the wheel)

Personally, im waiting for a good gun buyback. all but one of these guns has antique value, a few are simply worn out and not worth fixing, more than a few are cheap and needed parts can no longer be found. They have only a sentimental value and sit in a closet unable to be used. Ol Dad and his generation were hunting fishing fools, loved a cheap gun, and were good at using these tools. 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 110

@rker321wrote:

You  see.. I am correct.  each of you define the 2nd amendment as you think it is defined.

Interesting,!!!!!! so the definition of the 2nd amendment is  whomever decided that it means.

The Second Amendment is defined by what the Supreme Court decides it means.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 110

@rker321wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Trump does not make laws. The legislature does that. Contact your congress people.

All our politicians have been bought by the NRA  in one way or another either by donating to their campaign or by threatening them with ads that they may harm their campaign.
So, do you have a better solution?

I already told you my solution. Put mentally unstable people on the background check - remember now?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 110

3% of Americans own half the country's 265 million guns...now THAT's stunning....

Is it safe to assume that same 3% own most of the closet weapons of mass destruction as well?

I'm talking about semiautomatic weapons with big clips.

I would be interesting to see exactly how many guns like that are owned by Americans.

Goggle says five million Americans own AR-15 rifles for example.

3% of the population would be 9.7 million.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 110

@Richvawrote:

Well good. then you would support banning any weapon with a rate of fire above that of a bolt action rifle and limit the ability of a firearm to handle more than 6 rounds without reloading?

Why should I?   To appease so called liberals that would insert themselves into our personal lives?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 110

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

If people want to twist the meaning of the second amendment to the point that everyone can own and carry AR-15's and other assault type weapons then perhaps it is time to redefine the meaning of it through the amendment process.

That is up to the Supreme Court or through the constitutional amendment process.  And not up to a group of liberal leftist posters on an internet discussion site.

Personally I never cared for the AR-15 (M-16) but preferred the M-1 carbine that I used when shooting an Expert score on the firing range back in the early 1960s.  The M-16 was known as a 'Mattel' toy by troops in Vietnam.

Well good. then you would support banning any weapon with a rate of fire above that of a bolt action rifle and limit the ability of a firearm to handle more than 6 rounds without reloading?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 110

@ChasKy53wrote:

If people want to twist the meaning of the second amendment to the point that everyone can own and carry AR-15's and other assault type weapons then perhaps it is time to redefine the meaning of it through the amendment process.

That is up to the Supreme Court or through the constitutional amendment process.  And not up to a group of liberal leftist posters on an internet discussion site.

Personally I never cared for the AR-15 (M-16) but preferred the M-1 carbine that I used when shooting an Expert score on the firing range back in the early 1960s.  The M-16 was known as a 'Mattel' toy by troops in Vietnam.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 110

You  see.. I am correct.  each of you define the 2nd amendment as you think it is defined.

Interesting,!!!!!! so the definition of the 2nd amendment is  whomever decided that it means.

Because yes, it is not clarified.  because when it was written there was no way of looking at the future. It is up to us in the present, to make the clarification and determination of the meaning of the 2nd amendment.
But, Isuspect that there will be innumerable amount of different  interpretations regarding the 2nd Amendment. so, perhaps this is something for the Congress and the States to simply pass the necessary laws that should be enforce in their States.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 110

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@mandm84wrote:

That's because a musket is a musket ! Ridiculous argument ! You sure know how to interpret the 2nd ? Maybe If we " Still " lived in the 18th century.

Did the Second Amendment specifically say musket?  All the twisting and turning here by the left will not change those words.  The First Amendment didn't mention any particualr denomination or faith, but it still applies to any religion.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 110

@mandm84wrote:

That's because a musket is a musket ! Ridiculous argument ! You sure know how to interpret the 2nd ? Maybe If we " Still " lived in the 18th century.

Did the Second Amendment specifically say musket?  All the twisting and turning here by the left will not change those words.  The First Amendment didn't mention any particualr denomination or faith, but it still applies to any religion.

Kudos
Views