AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 2 million kids

Message 11 of 25

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

The CHIP funding has now been shoved into a bill to keep the government open.  All shows an appalling lack of competence—just what we have come to expect from trump and fellow immorals.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

A priority on keeping the government open is immoral??

The government runs out of money very soon, Chip funding runs out in 16 States at the end of January (at the soonest). Fortunately our pols in DC operate on facts as opposed to the radical left which is all about emotion.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 25

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Other fools will blame it on “lazy parents,” once again demonstrating their utter stupidity.

I hadn't intended to comment on this one until I saw the above. Since you want to talk about "fools" - what name would you attach to people having children that they cannot afford to provide for?

And YOU talk about elitists???  UNREAL!  I have plenty of names for anyone who would ask such an ignorant question. Yes, I do talk about elitism. Frankly I do not see taking care of ones children as "elitism" - I see it as "responsibility".

I'm sure you do. As always"plenty of names" rather than dealing honestly with the reality presented.  You were the chump that asked what name.....obviously you are clueless about the CHIP....it's for families that make too much money to qualify for Medicaid.  So when trump ask's, "what do you have to lose"?  It's just as clear today as it was then, Conservatives couldn't care less about anyone but themselves and those making enough to contribute to their cause to revert back to the 50's.

I'm a "chump"?? Hmmm, let me check the TOS on that one.

Yes, that is the definition and purpose of CHIP - to take care of the children whose parents are unable to. Again, people having children they cannot provide for.

And, yes, Conservatives tend to be responsible individuals who accept responsibility for themselves and their families.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

The idiocy of such a question as “who has kids they can’t afford,” is ridiculous on its face in its ignorance, but coming from a trump lover???  Yes, the ignorance is STUNNING, Phyllis. I often wonder how these clowns get by day-to-day. 

What is the ignorance - are we not talking about children whose parents cannot provided for their needs? Otherwise, there would be no program and no discussion.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25

The name ones might attach to people who have children they can’t afford??

—Catholics

—poor—can’t afford birth contol

—teens

—surprised—no form of birth control is 100%

—Republican—they have children and since most red states seem to be poor AND have children abound—yup—Republican

—Democrats

The truth is that a very small percentage of parents wait unti they can AFFORD to have children.  If I’ve heard it once, I have heard it a million times—“If we had waited until we could afford it, we still wouldn’t have a child.”

What names would I attribute to the question itself?

—incredibly simplistic—elementary school simplistic 

—ignorant 

—totally ridiculous

—unrealistic 

—showing a total disconnect from reality

More fodder for the RWNJ comedy show starring an amazingly simple cast of clowns.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

The CHIP funding has now been shoved into a bill to keep the government open.  All shows an appalling lack of competence—just what we have come to expect from trump and fellow immorals.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Other fools will blame it on “lazy parents,” once again demonstrating their utter stupidity.

I hadn't intended to comment on this one until I saw the above. Since you want to talk about "fools" - what name would you attach to people having children that they cannot afford to provide for?

And YOU talk about elitists???  UNREAL!  I have plenty of names for anyone who would ask such an ignorant question.

I'm sure you do. As always"plenty of names" rather than dealing honestly with the reality presented.  You were the chump that asked what name.....obviously you are clueless about the CHIP....it's for families that make too much money to qualify for Medicaid.  So when trump ask's, "what do you have to lose"?  It's just as clear today as it was then, Conservatives couldn't care less about anyone but themselves and those making enough to contribute to their cause to revert back to the 50's.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@Centristsin2010–Just a few questions for you:  Awww, how about some challenging questions?

—Was it not Evangelical “Christians” who fought against having to pay for birth control for its employees?  Ab-so-fricking-LUTEly....

—Is it not the Republican party who continuously tries to defund PLANNED PATENTHOOD??  Why yes, it is!

—Was it not the despicable in the WH who once said women who have abortions  should suffer legal ramifications?  No question about it!!!

The idiocy of such a question as “who has kids they can’t afford,” is ridiculous on its face in its ignorance, but coming from a trump lover???  Yes, the ignorance is STUNNING, Phyllis. I often wonder how these clowns get by day-to-day. 

This joke belongs in the top ten of the most repugnant and asinine.  Absolutely!  Certainly, quite "offensive".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25
Paul Ryan said the other day we need more births to create more consumers. What this means is, in the face of taking away birth control for the lower class, the master class is forcing them to have bigger families. They know most people will raise their kids fairly well, too many or not. This also creates more sefs for the master class.
Just say no doesnt work.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@Centristsin2010–Just a few questions for you:

—Was it not Evangelical “Christians” who fought against having to pay for birth control for its employees?

—Is it not the Republican party who continuously tries to defund PLANNED PATENTHOOD??

—Was it not the despicable in the WH who once said women who have abortions  should suffer legal ramifications? 

The idiocy of such a question as “who has kids they can’t afford,” is ridiculous on its face in its ignorance, but coming from a trump lover??? 

This joke belongs in the top ten of the most repugnant and asinine.  

Despite the efforts to end or limit abortions, they still exist. So, that is not a factor. The reality is that this topic is about 2 million kids who have parents incapable of providing for their needs.

Throwing "trump lover" into the discussion does nothing to change the reality of my statement.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And YOU talk about elitists???  UNREAL!  I have plenty of names for anyone who would ask such an ignorant question.

I'm sure you do. As always"plenty of names" rather than dealing honestly with the reality presented.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors