Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 2 Virginia Cops Fired for Ties to White Supremacist Groups

Message 1 of 10

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
Geez, once again we have our own white supremicist or white "national" issues with some local hard right GOP politicians in my area too. They feel emboldened, empowered, under Trump. and I think need to be called out at every opportunity too...and this won't change until he is gone, sadly.

Unfortunately, they have decided to re-plant some seeds....watch it grow!

Again - What did they do?? And don't forget, your friends and neighbors elected them. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@Tom5678 wrote:
Geez, once again we have our own white supremicist or white "national" issues with some local hard right GOP politicians in my area too. They feel emboldened, empowered, under Trump. and I think need to be called out at every opportunity too...and this won't change until he is gone, sadly.

Unfortunately, they have decided to re-plant some seeds....watch it grow!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

statue liberty sitting holding face.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

Just what are your local white supremacist pols doing?? Hating others of course; it's what they do best.  And how will the presence or absence of Trump in the WH effect how your local voters vote?  With trump out of the WH, hate crimes will likely decrease; that'll be good enough for most.

"Hating others"??? I wonder how many local pols hate the President. And, as always, I can see condemning acts but internal feelings not acted on are none of anyone's business.

As to Trump in the WH, there was no mention of these people doing hate crime - where did you get that???

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@rk9152 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

Just what are your local white supremacist pols doing?? Hating others of course; it's what they do best.  And how will the presence or absence of Trump in the WH effect how your local voters vote?  With trump out of the WH, hate crimes will likely decrease; that'll be good enough for most.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Good. The one guy was discovered by accident. Because if his fellow idiots posting on social media. But I hope departments are making a concerted effort to rid their departments of this.

In your opinion, what's the likelihood his peers were clueless of his behavior?  In my experience, cops are a pretty tight group.  I'm with you....one would expect them to weed out the trash....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Good. The one guy was discovered by accident. Because if his fellow idiots posting on social media. But I hope departments are making a concerted effort to rid their departments of this.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

@Tom5678 wrote:

Just what are your local white supremacist pols doing?? And how will the presence or absence of Trump in the WH effect how your local voters vote?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

2 Virginia Cops Fired for Ties to White Supremacist Groups

Message 10 of 10

2 Virginia police officers fired for alleged ties to white supremacist groups

Two Virginia police officers were fired after allegations of involvement with white supremacist groups surfaced.

Virginia Division of Capitol Police announced on Wednesday that officer Robert Stamm was fired after a review of possible violations of state and division policies. Stamm had been on administrative leave since February 6.

Capitol Police spokesperson Joe Macenka told CNN the investigation that ultimately led to Stamm's termination started after activist group Antifa Seven Hills shared screenshots of Stamm's social media posts to Twitter, tagging the Capitol Police's account.

On February 5, Antifa Seven Hills wrote a blog post with pictures of Stamm showing tattoos and flags with symbols the activist group says are commonly associated with white supremacy.

On his Facebook profile photo, Stamm has a stamp of the Asatru Folk Assembly, an organization the Southern Poverty Law Center classifies as "perhaps this country's largest neo-Völkisch hate group." The SPLC says neo-Völkisc "adherents base their spirituality on the survival of those descended from white Europeans. ..."

The Anti-Defamation League describes the group in similar terms, calling the Asatru Folk Assembly an "extremist group" and said the officer's "ties to white supremacy are deeply troubling and raise serious concerns."

When asked whether his group was a white nationalist group, Stamm told CNN, "I was discriminated against for my religion. My religion is not politics, it is faith. My constitutional rights were violated. Period."

The Asatru Folk Assembly's website says "Asatru is an expression of the native, pre-Christian spirituality of Europe. More specifically, it is the religion by which the Ethnic European Folk have traditionally related to the Divine and to the world around them."

The Virginia Division of Capitol Police handles law enforcement on the capitol grounds and provides protection to state officials.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors