Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 1st Voting Rights, Now Free Speech

Message 1 of 37

@saworld wrote:

rk9152 wrote:Since the threat was "if the Republicans are allowed to march" I believe it goes beyond innuendo.

No it doesn't & this is my last attempt at educating you.  Try Googling "anarchists infiltration" or similar phrase.  For example, here's a blog link complaining about that very REAL problem at UC Berkeley:  http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2017/2/2/14482840/anarchists-uc-berkeley-violence-protests-cali...

Troublemakers infiltrating peaceful protests is extremely common at rallies & protests on an international scale.  It's generally impossible to know who these people represent (if anyone) & outright childish to accept their masquerades. 

Indeed they do. However, when they do the local government has an obligation to deal with them. When they don't they are complicit. When the City of Portland yielded to merely their threats - they are complicit. When posters make excuses or lionize them as "freedom fighters - they are complicit. When the DNC does not condemn them on a regular basis - they are complicit.

When a group which has for decades pretty much only concerned themselves with international financial events start showing up at every staged Dem "March du jour" - it does look suspicious.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 37

rk9152 wrote:Since the threat was "if the Republicans are allowed to march" I believe it goes beyond innuendo.

No it doesn't & this is my last attempt at educating you.  Try Googling "anarchists infiltration" or similar phrase.  For example, here's a blog link complaining about that very REAL problem at UC Berkeley:  http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2017/2/2/14482840/anarchists-uc-berkeley-violence-protests-cali...

Troublemakers infiltrating peaceful protests is extremely common at rallies & protests on an international scale.  It's generally impossible to know who these people represent (if anyone) & outright childish to accept their masquerades. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 37

@saworld wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

1.) Did you not try to claim that the airplane fighters were just as likely Trump supporters an the street mobs were anti-Trump?? Did I not clarify that elegantly?  

2.) Should we not be concerned with voter fraud (other than that involving the Russians)?

3.) Let's deal with facts - the Portland government cancelled the parade over such threats. Were they lying about the threats they received? Do you see that as a "naaa"?

1.)  No!  You still don't understand what is reasonable proof.  Lack or presence of signs is not.

Lack of signs proves indicates absolutely nothing. Since you posts show you are smarter than this thought indicates, I can only assume you are playing games

2.)  We should be as concerned with voter fraud as we are with outerspace aliens.  That is, when there's any evidence of either, we need to act.  Right now we have zilch about either (except Russia's attempts) but lots of evidence of American repugs making it hard for American voters to vote.

One must always be vigilant with regard to voter fraud.

3.)  I take your word for it that a parade was cancelled due to threats.  Trouble is you provide only innuendo regarding who made your alleged threats.  We know how prevalent it is for others to concela their identity in these types of matters.  It's like fake news.  Don't be so naive.

Since the threat was "if the Republicans are allowed to march" I believe it goes beyond innuendo.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 37

@rk9152 wrote:

1.) Did you not try to claim that the airplane fighters were just as likely Trump supporters an the street mobs were anti-Trump?? Did I not clarify that elegantly?  

2.) Should we not be concerned with voter fraud (other than that involving the Russians)?

3.) Let's deal with facts - the Portland government cancelled the parade over such threats. Were they lying about the threats they received? Do you see that as a "naaa"?

1.)  No!  You still don't understand what is reasonable proof.  Lack or presence of signs is not.

2.)  We should be as concerned with voter fraud as we are with outerspace aliens.  That is, when there's any evidence of either, we need to act.  Right now we have zilch about either (except Russia's attempts) but lots of evidence of American repugs making it hard for American voters to vote.

3.)  I take your word for it that a parade was cancelled due to threats.  Trouble is you provide only innuendo regarding who made your alleged threats.  We know how prevalent it is for others to concela their identity in these types of matters.  It's like fake news.  Don't be so naive.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 37

@saworld wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

How about the parade cancelled in Portland over threats to attack Republicans. Sounds sorta partisan, does it not?

I saw no pro-Trump signs on the plane. However, I have seen anti-Trump signs at those Dem "marches" and "demonstrations" as well as the organized anti-free speech mob actions.

Well now....certainly proof positive. Smiley LOL  Give up with your silliness already.  It's a much better discussion when we talk proven facts.  

Did you not try to claim that the airplane fighters were just as likely Trump supporters an the street mobs were anti-Trump?? Did I not clarify that elegantly?

For example, the non-existent voter fraud that Trump wants to investigate on the taxpayer's dime.  That's verifiable as truth.  Or the political leanings of those state politicians who passed anti-votings laws such as requiring special ids or reduced voting hours.  Very easy to verify their political leanings.

Should we not be concerned with voter fraud (other than that involving the Russians)?

Lack or presence of signs?  Naaa, doesn't mean anything.  Threats to attack Republicans.....naaa, more likely their own party trying to do what you do, make stuff up.

Let's deal with facts - the Portland government cancelled the parade over such threats. Were they lying about the threats they received? Do you see that as a "naaa"?

Do let us know when you have a real honest-to-goodness fact on your side.

Consider yourself advised.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 37

rk9152 wrote:

How about the parade cancelled in Portland over threats to attack Republicans. Sounds sorta partisan, does it not?

I saw no pro-Trump signs on the plane. However, I have seen anti-Trump signs at those Dem "marches" and "demonstrations" as well as the organized anti-free speech mob actions.

Well now....certainly proof positive. Smiley LOL  Give up with your silliness already.  It's a much better discussion when we talk proven facts.  

For example, the non-existent voter fraud that Trump wants to investigate on the taxpayer's dime.  That's verifiable as truth.  Or the political leanings of those state politicians who passed anti-votings laws such as requiring special ids or reduced voting hours.  Very easy to verify their political leanings.

Lack or presence of signs?  Naaa, doesn't mean anything.  Threats to attack Republicans.....naaa, more likely their own party trying to do what you do, make stuff up.

Do let us know when you have a real honest-to-goodness fact on your side.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 37

@GailL1 wrote:

Freeways should never be blocked for protesters - they could be hampering someones life or their livelihood.

You mean like lane closures on a bridge in New Jersey?

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 37

@saworld wrote:

rk9152 wrote:  O.K. try these:..........

rk, did you see this one of Trump supporters going at each other?  https://youtu.be/Y0aalfG46A0?t=3

Oh?  How do we know they're Trump supporters?  Easy...just like you know the political leanings of those committing the violence in your videos!  After all we never hear about paid infiltration of protests from the opposing side. 

This topic is about a serious problem, not meant as an opportunity for  creating fake-news distractions.  

It's about power-hungry right-wingers (those political leanings are very easily proven with a search) are willing to trash our democracy by stealing elections and muffling dissent.  

Shall we talk about, "What do we want? Dead cops". Do they sound like Conservatives to you?

Accept it, those masked thugs are on your side of the political ideological divide, not mine.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 37

rk9152 wrote:  O.K. try these:..........

rk, did you see this one of Trump supporters going at each other?  https://youtu.be/Y0aalfG46A0?t=3

Oh?  How do we know they're Trump supporters?  Easy...just like you know the political leanings of those committing the violence in your videos!  After all we never hear about paid infiltration of protests from the opposing side. 

This topic is about a serious problem, not meant as an opportunity for  creating fake-news distractions.  

It's about power-hungry right-wingers (those political leanings are very easily proven with a search) are willing to trash our democracy by stealing elections and muffling dissent.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 37

@alferdpacker wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@saworld wrote:

GailL1 wrote:  
Seems to me that many of these rules are being placed for safety reasons - to protect the protestors and the public from a disaster. 

Sorry, it may seem that way to you but it doesn't seem so to the UN or the ACLU.  They see unConstitutional "laws" & the criminalization of peaceful protests.  Maybe read some of the details of their concerns.  

You know...could be just like those much-needed voter ids for that nonexistent voter fraud.    

Here's a "peaceful demonstrations":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwzffeICkP8

Can you draw a connection between rioting to block free speech (the topic) and voter IDs?

You do realize that trying to use one incident to curtail freedoms is exactly what a dictator would do to justify seizing more control?  Your video is also by Paul Joseph Watson who works for Alex Jones, who has never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like and believes the Government ordered the bombings on Oklahoma City, 9/11 and faked the moon landings.

Alex Jones - isn't that the screaming raving nutcase that just recently lost custody of his children because his specious argument that his private persona wasn't at all like his public persona was utterly rejected by the court - because of multiple repeated public displays of "way out there" nuttery?

The individuals that some Right Wingers actually listen to and believe is absolutely (sadly) amazing.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors