Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 1984 REVISITED

Message 1 of 2

From the article cited:

"Mr. Trump understands that attacking the media is the reddest of meat for his base, which has been conditioned to reject reporting from news sites outside of the conservative media ecosystem.

For years, as a conservative radio talk show host, I played a role in that conditioning by hammering the mainstream media for its bias and double standards. But the price turned out to be far higher than I imagined. The cumulative effect of the attacks was to delegitimize those outlets and essentially destroy much of the right’s immunity to false information. We thought we were creating a savvier, more skeptical audience. Instead, we opened the door for President Trump, who found an audience that could be easily misled."

Very truthful....

Here's the link for this who may be interested:  Why Nobody Cares the President Is Lying

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

1984 REVISITED

Message 2 of 2

This article has to do with the current adminstration's treatment of Truth.  It is written by a self-proclaimed 'conservative commentator'.  It is coherent and far too lengthy to place on this board and cannot be paraphrased properly.

Go to New York Times, Feb. 5, 2017 Page SR1.  "The Right That Cries Wolf"...author, Charles Sykes.

I understand from the article that Orwell's 1984 is undergoing a resurgence....'bout time.  Too bad George is no longer around to see how accurate and pertinent his vision has become today.  Sykes surely did.  He nailed it.  Want to see a clear head on the conservative side?  Try this one. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies