Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 18 Months Into Me Too, Male Bosses Are Afraid To Meet With Female Employees

Message 1 of 105

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The article shows that men who don't know how to treat women fairly and as an equal are becoming uncomfortable in the workplace.  It's about time.

It must be a strange world out there today. Anyplace I ever worked there was no problem treating fellow workers (regardless of gender or anything else) fairly and as equals (because they were).

One poster basically said that a woman reporting an incident to HR is "running to a man to protect her". This is an example of the kind of men who are uncomfortable in the workplace today.

"One poster" respects independence and self reliance in women and was always fortunate enough to work with such women. And, yes, "one poster" might feel very uncomfortable in the strange workplace that has been created to accommodate another class of victimology.

Men who have always treated women fairly and as an equal have no reason to be uncomfortable.

Yep, it's a "strange world" to men who don't know how to treat women fairly in the workplace and in other places in our society. It's a "strange world" to men who think it improper for a woman to report to the HR department if she was treated unfairly.

It is "self reliant" and "dependent" of a woman to act within the rules of a workplace and report to HR department if she is treated unfairly, trying to paint it otherwise is indeed disingenuous.

"Disingenuous" - really????

Some men would indeed think it to be a "strange workplace" where women have the right and responsibility to report the the HR department if they are harassed or treated unfairly.

It is so disrespectful of women to think they need "big brother" protecting their hurt feelings . Remember we are not talking about rape here. We are talking about an overfriendly hand shake or two guys telling off-color jokes and that sort of thing. As to the "unfairly - how is that part of the #metoo movement. There are already antidiscrimination laws in the book.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 105

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

rk - Those I don't like" - when did you develop a fondness for groapers in the office????

Based on your posts in this thread you blame the victim for the groper’s actions and only advocate violence rather than taking the proper legal action. Your lack of respect for women is very evident in your posts - reporting the abuser’s actions to HR is just getting a man to rescue them. Why do you think that all HR offices are the domain of men?

Why should any crime be reported when one can be judge, jury and executioner any time?

There is nothing in my post that blames the victim.

I am just used to strong independent women who deal with the sort of slugs we are talking about immediately, it sends a message and resolves the relationship right then and there. I have great respect for such women. On the other hand, those that run off to some clerk, probably a man to deal with their offense - not so much. Even less so, those who ignore it for a period of years and then bring it up as a "gotcha" event.

Everyone of your post has been blaming the victim. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 105

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Once again you show that you approve of violence against those you don’t like. Why don’t you support handling disputes in a legal way?

"Those I don't like" - when did you develop a fondness for groapers(sic) in the office????

Why do you suggest " slapping" instead of reporting things to HR,

I was quite clear in that

which is the proper way to handle these things? And why to you accuse another poster of "fondness for groapers", whatever a "groaper" is? Nothing was stated by the other poster to justify such an erroneous accusation and personal attack.

In response to, "Once again you show that you approve of violence against those you don’t like". "Those you don't like" raises the question since we are talking about gropers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 105

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I fully understand the problem that sexual harassment presents to women in the workforce. However, it is a shame when such a serious issue is used as a political tool such as in the case of Kavanaugh. That is my objection to #me too.

But that is not the subject of the thread.  This is about how men in power are afraid to be alone in rooms with women. Not what happens at drunken teen aged parties. 

If is a stupid excuse to keep women from competing fairly in the workplace.

It is about the effects of the Me too Movement - is it not?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 105

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The article shows that men who don't know how to treat women fairly and as an equal are becoming uncomfortable in the workplace.  It's about time.

It must be a strange world out there today. Anyplace I ever worked there was no problem treating fellow workers (regardless of gender or anything else) fairly and as equals (because they were).

One poster basically said that a woman reporting an incident to HR is "running to a man to protect her". This is an example of the kind of men who are uncomfortable in the workplace today.

"One poster" respects independence and self reliance in women and was always fortunate enough to work with such women. And, yes, "one poster" might feel very uncomfortable in the strange workplace that has been created to accommodate another class of victimology.

Men who have always treated women fairly and as an equal have no reason to be uncomfortable.

Yep, it's a "strange world" to men who don't know how to treat women fairly in the workplace and in other places in our society. It's a "strange world" to men who think it improper for a woman to report to the HR department if she was treated unfairly.

It is "self reliant" and "dependent" of a woman to act within the rules of a workplace and report to HR department if she is treated unfairly, trying to paint it otherwise is indeed disingenuous. Some men would indeed think it to be a "strange workplace" where women have the right and responsibility to report the the HR department if they are harassed or treated unfairly.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 105

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Once again you show that you approve of violence against those you don’t like. Why don’t you support handling disputes in a legal way?

"Those I don't like" - when did you develop a fondness for groapers(sic) in the office????

Why do you suggest " slapping" instead of reporting things to HR, which is the proper way to handle these things? And why to you accuse another poster of "fondness for groapers", whatever a "groaper" is? Nothing was stated by the other poster to justify such an erroneous accusation and personal attack.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 105

@rk9152 wrote:

I fully understand the problem that sexual harassment presents to women in the workforce. However, it is a shame when such a serious issue is used as a political tool such as in the case of Kavanaugh. That is my objection to #me too.

But that is not the subject of the thread.  This is about how men in power are afraid to be alone in rooms with women. Not what happens at drunken teen aged parties. 

If is a stupid excuse to keep women from competing fairly in the workplace.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 105

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 105

When I was an HR Manager for a company, I received a complaint from a young male who was receiving phone calls at home from an older female who was in a position of authority over his area.  He said she told him in no uncertain terms what she wanted from him.

When I called her in to discuss the complaint, I told her if she were a male it would be an easier task for me.  Of course the brazen woman cried when she was reprimanded.  I had never had to call a female on harassment.  They are out there.  Women are guilty also.

When I am walking into an office and am behind a female whose dress does barely cover her broad backside, I wonder why she thinks this is not inappropriate.  Sometimes it seems women want to flaunt the goods, but yell if someone notices.

We have reached a sad place in our society and I think it will only get worse.  There are what I call "jump on the bandwagon" women who will do a lot of things for attention.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 105

@Snoopy48 wrote:

rk - Those I don't like" - when did you develop a fondness for groapers in the office????

Based on your posts in this thread you blame the victim for the groper’s actions and only advocate violence rather than taking the proper legal action. Your lack of respect for women is very evident in your posts - reporting the abuser’s actions to HR is just getting a man to rescue them. Why do you think that all HR offices are the domain of men?

Why should any crime be reported when one can be judge, jury and executioner any time?

There is nothing in my post that blames the victim.

I am just used to strong independent women who deal with the sort of slugs we are talking about immediately, it sends a message and resolves the relationship right then and there. I have great respect for such women. On the other hand, those that run off to some clerk, probably a man to deal with their offense - not so much. Even less so, those who ignore it for a period of years and then bring it up as a "gotcha" event.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.