Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 18 Months Into Me Too, Male Bosses Are Afraid To Meet With Female Employees

Message 41 of 105

This is why we need a ME TOO movement. Because the old, white, males do not believe it is a problem for the women being used.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 105

@BigLib wrote:

Wow. And there you have it, folks. Just slap 'em on the face. A sexual assault followed with a physical assault. The GOP does love their violence. No harm, no foul. No wonder the GOP has to work so hard to gain female support!

That is a strange way of looking at it. My comments indicate a respect for women in thinking that they are capable of dealing with jackasses without having to run to some man in personnel to protect them.

I suppose that will not appeal to all women - only the strong self-reliant ones. I'm sure that the ones who thrive on victimology will not like it.

As I've posted before, it is the strong women I am more familiar with in that during my working days I was blessed to have such women as coworkers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 105

Wow. And there you have it, folks. Just slap 'em on the face. A sexual assault followed with a physical assault. The GOP does love their violence. No harm, no foul. No wonder the GOP has to work so hard to gain female support!

Maybe the next woman that a man decides to "GRAB 'EM BY THE P***Y!" will slap him across the face with a horseshoe.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 105

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Once again, your mind reading or biased interpretations have taken you in the wrong area. I have said nothing about "taking it wrong" - that is a creation of your fertile imagination.

So, it am opposed to it in the workplace or anywhere else. As to dealing with it - I guess I am old fashioned but I do recall the effectiveness of a face slap accompanied by a loud pronouncement for it's reason. Not only does it deliver a message to the "doer" it can also garner support from others - male and female. 

I understand that I am talking here about the average workplace populated by decent people and the occasional oaf. I am not talking about Harvey Weinstein's casting couch or Bill Cliinton's Oval office - those are situations of great power that the average person will never be involved in.

You DO realize that slapping a man's face is assault in the workplace right? 

No doubt but something that can be worked out after the fact and if he deserved it accept it. Much better than trying to work out all the possibilities in advance,

You DO realize that decent people would not be afraid to be alone with a female subordinate right?  

Right - I DO. Except when the rules are changed based on the PC of the day.

No. the  appropriate response is to take the matter to HR and if that is not an option then take it to a court of law for an independent third party to decide the facts.  Personally, I am a liberal and I believe in the law. 

No - take matters into your own hands and slap the idiot, he earned it and you don't have to run to some man to solve your situation, You can do it!!!Be bold - you will be respected for it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 105

@rk9152 wrote:

Once again, your mind reading or biased interpretations have taken you in the wrong area. I have said nothing about "taking it wrong" - that is a creation of your fertile imagination.

So, it am opposed to it in the workplace or anywhere else. As to dealing with it - I guess I am old fashioned but I do recall the effectiveness of a face slap accompanied by a loud pronouncement for it's reason. Not only does it deliver a message to the "doer" it can also garner support from others - male and female. 

I understand that I am talking here about the average workplace populated by decent people and the occasional oaf. I am not talking about Harvey Weinstein's casting couch or Bill Cliinton's Oval office - those are situations of great power that the average person will never be involved in.

You DO realize that slapping a man's face is assault in the workplace right? 

You DO realize that decent people would not be afraid to be alone with a female subordinate right?  

No. the  appropriate response is to take the matter to HR and if that is not an option then take it to a court of law for an independent third party to decide the facts.  Personally, I am a liberal and I believe in the law. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 105

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Now women are victims of actions take to deal with their being victimizes .And "victimoloy" rolls on.

I take it you believe that there is no reason the #metoo movement?  Am I correct that you feel this is all some sort of scam to enable lawsuits against innocent males who are in the wrong room with the wrong woman?  Do you understand what "Me TOO" actually means? 

As always you have gone far afield and "taken" it wrong. No you are - again - wrong in your mind reading. Yes, I do understand

By all means, please feel free to state your position.  It appears you are  suggesting that women who have been the object of sexual harassment in the workplace should be quiet about the event because some bosses "take it wrong".  So, what IS your position on sexual harassment in the workplace and how should women deal with it?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 105

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Now women are victims of actions take to deal with their being victimizes .And "victimoloy" rolls on.

I take it you believe that there is no reason the #metoo movement?  Am I correct that you feel this is all some sort of scam to enable lawsuits against innocent males who are in the wrong room with the wrong woman?  Do you understand what "Me TOO" actually means? 

As always you have gone far afield and "taken" it wrong. No you are - again - wrong in your mind reading. Yes, I do understand

By all means, please feel free to state your position.  It appears you are  suggesting that women who have been the object of sexual harassment in the workplace should be quiet about the event because some bosses "take it wrong".  So, what IS your position on sexual harassment in the workplace and how should women deal with it?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 105

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 105

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I remember when the same argument was used against the Civil Rights movement. "Bosses are afraid to hire blacks because they might face a civil rights lawsuit".  It was fake news then and this is fake news now. 

True. It’s just a new way to oppress women to maintain their advantage. Keep them out of important meetings or away from confidential information necessary to advance their business product, or whatever, and men stay in charge for the most part. When sexual assault and harassment don’t work anymore, move on to exclusion based on the “fear” of being called out for it.

Try again. Men think they are the victims here.But it was posted that women are excluded from meetings (victims?) They certainly aren’t concerning themselves with sexual harassment and assault. Just with whether they should have a meeting with a potentially “vindictive”woman. It is totally understandable that a fully innocent man would be prudent under the circumstances.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 105

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views