Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 17 Explosions Across 3 Different Mass Towns

Message 1 of 19

Massachusetts Has A Republican Governor

Restoration of gas service to the 8,600 affected customers requires replacement of about 48 miles (77 km) of gas pipeline,[26] which Columbia gas expected to accomplish by November 19, 2018.[27]

As the company started hiring about 200 temporary workers for the recovery effort, on September 22, National Guard troops began delivering about 7,000 hot plates to customers to temporarily replace gas stoves for cooking.[27] There were plans to deliver about 24,000 space heaters before cold weather arrives, with Columbia Gas paying the increased electrical bills, but no plans to make up for lack of hot showers due to disabled water heaters.[27] The company also withdrew a $33 million rate increase which was scheduled to take effect on November 1, 2018.[26]

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrimack_Valley_gas_explosions

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

GAS IS STILL OFFF

Hundreds of Businesses still cannot open - Pizza Shops - Bakeries - Restaurants

It's starting to get cooler - homes still have no Gas for Heat or Hot Water

Where is Trump?

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19

@KidBoy2 wrote:
H2Oh posted...

One certainly expects the worst from rightwingers. Every time. I like to be prepared. On several other forums where they discuss this, the rabid right is already talking about how he was just some dirtbag hanging out with his "homies."

Most folks here understands the need to be prepared for rightwing filth.

And..

H2Oh posted..

Given that our country is currently in the hands of those who want to destroy people of his ethnic background

======================================================

What a nasty thing to even think.

You also posted "And before righties come in here to say it's just fake news"....OMG...this was a tragic event its cause looks like a human error...for you to try to make it political is very sad to say it nice.

I am sorry if you are having a bad day but to make this political is uncalled for when a person lost his life and why it happened is under investigation.

And you say you post on other boards spreading your thinking of what you call right wingers. I challenge you copy and paste what you say were on these other boards as I do not believe you.

=======================================================

Don't be silly. I could just make something up and you rightfully wouldn't believe it because they're anonymous posts. 

Own your side's track record. It's not the left that's building baby jails for brown people.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19

@mickstuder wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Geez, I hope people are ok. 

So far 10 injured - 2 critical - no one still has a plausible explanation - a house here and there in  dozens of neighborhoods across three towns - 17 Explosions - 70 + Structures Damaged by Fire 

Strange Occurence - None of the Experts - Gas Company - Fire Dept. - Never seen anything like it 

Not sure why the experts are having a problem with this disaster. The BrosKoch and other deregulated users of pipelines have been shooting stuff through the lines at pressures way beyond design specs and causing lines to rupture with amazing regularity.

With Der Trumper in control of the safety controls on all our gas and oil pipelines, this will become another "mass shooting" event - happens so often we become callous to the consequences and don't bother to consider how it can be stopped.

If you live near a pipeline (and you probably do - they're EVERYWHERE) expect to learn the real cost of having Republicans in charge, and don't pretend you had no warning.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19
H2Oh posted...

One certainly expects the worst from rightwingers. Every time. I like to be prepared. On several other forums where they discuss this, the rabid right is already talking about how he was just some dirtbag hanging out with his "homies."

Most folks here understands the need to be prepared for rightwing filth.

And..

H2Oh posted..

Given that our country is currently in the hands of those who want to destroy people of his ethnic background

You also posted "And before righties come in here to say it's just fake news"....OMG...this was a tragic event its cause looks like a human error...for you to try to make it political is very sad to say it nice.

I am sorry if you are having a bad day but to make this political is uncalled for when a person lost his life and why it happened is under investigation.

And you say you post on other boards spreading your thinking of what you call right wingers. I challenge you copy and paste what you say were on these other boards as I do not believe you.

=======================================================
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

@KidBoy2 wrote:
H2Oh posted..

Most folks here understands the need to be prepared for rightwing filth. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19
H2Oh posted..

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2018/09/14/friends-family-remember-leonel-rondon-victim-lawre...

Given that our country is currently in the hands of those who want to destroy people of his ethnic background, I just wanted to share this piece about the boy who was killed. He was working his butt off, trying to improve himself like all Americans do. This tragedy is worth sober reflection.

And before righties come in here to say it's just fake news -- my daughter had him as a student last year. She's heartbroken. Even though he struggled at times, she was genuinely happy with his progress.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

The corporate parent of the Massachusetts natural gas utility had links to three previous gas line blasts.
Columbia Gas of Massachusetts is the business name of Bay State Gas Company.
Incorporated in 1974, the company is one of seven natural gas distribution companies that are subsidiaries of NiSource, a publicly-traded holding company based in Merrillville, Indiana.

NiSource shares plunged in Friday trading, closing 11.7 percent lower at $24.79, one day after reaching a 52-week high.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/09/15/massachusetts-explosions-nisource-columbia-gas-linke...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19

8000 People in 3 Different Cities Evacuated - Many Still not allowed back in their homes since Thursday Afternoon

1 Dead

Electricity is still turned off in most areas along with all Gas

LAWRENCE, MASS. (WHDH) - LAWRENCE, MASS. (WHDH) – Gov. Charlie Baker declared a state of emergency after he and Lawrence Mayor Dan Rivera slammed Columbia Gas for their lack response following disastrous gas explosions and fires that displaced residents of three Merrimack Valley communities.

Andover, North Andover, and Lawrence were rocked by gas explosions and several fires around 5 p.m. Thursday, drawing emergency responders from across the region to battle the between 60 and 80 fires that broke out almost simultaneously due to a situation involving the communities’ gas lines.

RELATED: ‘Like a war zone’: 1 dead, dozens injured after gas explosions rock Merrimack Valley

Baker declared the state of emergency during a press conference Friday afternoon, allowing officials to appoint Eversource as the new company in charge after Columbia Gas failed to follow through with their preliminary plans.

“We believe that will make a big difference with respect to the relationship of what gets told to us and what actually happens on the ground and the representations that are made to the people in these three communities,” he said.

NTSB send Chairman from Washington to Head Investigation

LAWRENCE, MASS. (WHDH) - U.S. Sens. Liz Warren and Ed Markey joined state and city officials at the Lawrence Senior Center Friday to speak with residents displaced by a massive Merrimack Valley gas emergency that caused dozens of fires, numerous explosions, and left at least one person dead.

While speaking outside the senior center, which has been transformed into an emergency shelter, Warren said she felt it was a “mistake” that Columbia Gas of Massachusetts representatives haven’t publicly addressed their customers after their line was blamed for widespread destruction.

“I just always thinks its a mistake not to come out and talk to people so that they at least know what you know,” Warren said. “And I fully understand that there are times when you don’t know a lot, there are times when you are still trying to gather information.”

Warren said she was disappointed not to receive a call back when she reached out to the company.

Markey said he and Warren are calling for a Congressional hearing aimed at figuring out what caused the explosions and fires and to see if anyone needs to be held responsible. He also said he wanted to ensure that something like this never happens again.

Also touring the facility were Gov. Charlie Baker and Lawrence Mayor Dan Rivera.

Source - https://whdh.com/

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views