Credit freezes are free under a federal law that just went into effect. Learn how to protect your credit.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 17 Explosions Across 3 Different Mass Towns

Message 11 of 18

17 Explosions Across 3 Different Mass Towns

I suspect a underground gas leak, the gas followed pipes back to the buildings, gas infiltrated and accumulated in  the buildings, and some spark ignited the gas, light switch, water heater, anything with a contact.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 18
@mickstuder

How strange to watch the TV one minute with so much rain and water to devastate the South, then the next few minutes so much fire to destroy so many houses in the North.

Just so sad to watch either channel, hoping for safety for all.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 18

We had a huge gas explosion here a few years ago. One apartment complex. And it took a massive effort on the part of the fire department.

So I can’t even imagine what trying to fight this looks like. Smiley Sad 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 18

@TemperMental67 wrote:

Geez, I hope people are ok. 

So far 10 injured - 2 critical - no one still has a plausible explanation - a house here and there in  dozens of neighborhoods across three towns - 17 Explosions - 70 + Structures Damaged by Fire 

Strange Occurence - None of the Experts - Gas Company - Fire Dept. - Never seen anything like it 

( " “I don’t want to see the Republican Party ride to political victory on the Four Horsemen of Calumny — Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry, and Smear.”) Margaret Chase Smith

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 18

Geez, I hope people are ok. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 18

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Multiple Explosions And Fires Reported Across 3 Mass. Towns, At Least 3 Injured

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/13/647621382/multiple-explosions-and-fires-reported-across-3-massachuset...

Firefighters battle a house fire, in North Andover, Mass., one of a series of gas explosions and fires triggered Thursday by a problem with a gas line that feeds several communities north of Boston.
Mary Schwalm/AP
Updated at 8:03 p.m. ET

Massachusetts State Police have confirmed officials are responding to 70 house fires, explosions or reports of gas odors — possibly caused by gas leaks — around the towns of Lawrence, Andover and North Andover, on Thursday evening, warning that the "number will grow."

Officials urged all residents in the area who are Columbia Gas customers to evacuate, "as should anyone else who smells gas."

View image on Twitter

Is this what you were posting about?

Yes - I grew up in this area.......checking on my people

( " “I don’t want to see the Republican Party ride to political victory on the Four Horsemen of Calumny — Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry, and Smear.”) Margaret Chase Smith

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 18
Multiple Explosions And Fires Reported Across 3 Mass. Towns, At Least 3 Injured

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/13/647621382/multiple-explosions-and-fires-reported-across-3-massachuset...

Firefighters battle a house fire, in North Andover, Mass., one of a series of gas explosions and fires triggered Thursday by a problem with a gas line that feeds several communities north of Boston.
Mary Schwalm/AP
Updated at 8:03 p.m. ET

Massachusetts State Police have confirmed officials are responding to 70 house fires, explosions or reports of gas odors — possibly caused by gas leaks — around the towns of Lawrence, Andover and North Andover, on Thursday evening, warning that the "number will grow."

Officials urged all residents in the area who are Columbia Gas customers to evacuate, "as should anyone else who smells gas."

View image on Twitter

Is this what you were posting about?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

17 Explosions Across 3 Different Mass Towns

Message 18 of 18

Gas Explosions A.png

Source - https://twitter.com/MassStatePolice?lang=en

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies