Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 15,000 Migrant Children Now Held

Message 11 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Almost 15,000 Migrant Children Now Held At Nearly Full Shelters 

The number of immigrant children being held in government custody has reached almost 15,000, putting a network of federally contracted shelters across the country near capacity. 

The national network of more than 100 shelters are 92 percent full, according to the Department of Health and Human Services. The situation is forcing the government to consider a range of options, possibly including releasing children more quickly to sponsors in the United States or expanding the already crowded shelter network.

My question is what are we going to do with these children?  Are we going to keep them incarcerated indefinitely?  Are we going to "raise" another permanent underclass who will serve as America's nuevo in-house migrant worker?  Afterall, once the borders are closed, "somebody's" gotta pick those apples and grapes, mow our lawns and do our yardwork, and work on construction sites for very low wages often paid "under the table" by unscrupulous employers!  (Please recognize snarky sarcasm here).  But the questions remain:   How many more children will be detained and housed in these "camps?" (I won't call them concentration camps just yet, even though that's what it seems they are).  Further, if there is no plan to return them to their families or their countries of origin, what is the longer term plan?  How much is this grand Trumpian plan going to cost the American taxpayer?  And who is profitting from all of this?  Because as with everything Trump,  "profit"  is always the bottomline!

I don't see any profit involved in those kids. As to the parents, I hope they are locked up for child abuse for putting their children in such dangerous conditions. 

So ......... a parent immigrating to the united States to enable him/her to better the lives of their children is "child abuse".   trump supporters seem to be so confused.

So ..... they opted for actions that resulted in the results describe - that sounds like child abuse.

Trump cult members seem more confused than I first thought.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 25

Add 50 more to that number since there were 50 UNaccompanied minors in that group that crossed the border with the little girl that died.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

How much is this grand Trumpian plan going to cost the American taxpayer?

It cost as much per day to keep each  child in custody as a room a Mar a lago

About $ 400

Is the issue holding the children in protective custody or the cost?

How many die before it is no longer considered "protective"?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25

The issue is inhumane treatment of people coming to the USA to seek asylum.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

@gruffstuff wrote:

About $ 400

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

The number of immigrant children being held in government custody has reached almost 15,000, putting a network of federally contracted shelters across the country near capacity. 

The national network of more than 100 shelters are 92 percent full, according to the Department of Health and Human Services. The situation is forcing the government to consider a range of options, possibly including releasing children more quickly to sponsors in the United States or expanding the already crowded shelter network.

My question is what are we going to do with these children?  Are we going to keep them incarcerated indefinitely?  Are we going to "raise" another permanent underclass who will serve as America's nuevo in-house migrant worker?  Afterall, once the borders are closed, "somebody's" gotta pick those apples and grapes, mow our lawns and do our yardwork, and work on construction sites for very low wages often paid "under the table" by unscrupulous employers!  (Please recognize snarky sarcasm here).  But the questions remain:   How many more children will be detained and housed in these "camps?" (I won't call them concentration camps just yet, even though that's what it seems they are).  Further, if there is no plan to return them to their families or their countries of origin, what is the longer term plan?  How much is this grand Trumpian plan going to cost the American taxpayer?  And who is profitting from all of this?  Because as with everything Trump,  "profit"  is always the bottomline!

I don't see any profit involved in those kids. As to the parents, I hope they are locked up for child abuse for putting their children in such dangerous conditions. 

Quoting--

Olderscout66 said,

The number of children being held capptive in for-profit prisons will only grow because Trump's administration has agreed to pay $790 per day for each child held.....

So when I questioned who was profitting by holding these children indefinitely in custody,  the above is exactly what I was getting at.   At $790.00 a "day" for each child being held,  there's a whole lot of money (profit) being made right there!  And that is what I meant when I said that whatever Trump does ultimately involves somebody or some company/corporation making a profit.  So if 15,000 children are being incarcerated, I just don't believe it to be due to altruristic or even humanitarian motives.  I believe we're looking at the ugly face of greed as so-called "non-profit" organizations profit.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25

About $ 400

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

So ......... a parent immigrating to the united States to enable him/her to better the lives of their children is "child abuse".   trump supporters seem to be so confused.

So ..... they opted for actions that resulted in the results describe - that sounds like child abuse.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

For 242 YEARS, seeking a better life in America was a Worldwide dream. Only since Putin installed the Orange Toad in the WhiteHouse has pursuing that dream lead the dreamer into "dangerous conditions".

As for "profit"involved with these underage refugees, that would be the tens of millions being funneled into the pockets of the scum running the Infant Gulag for Trump. That $760/day would put EVERY immigrant family into a very nice hotel, but instead lil donny doles it out to his Corporate Oligarchs who have the kids sleeping on concrete floors in abandoned Walmarts with a mylar "space blankets" for comfort, being watched over by guards who have NO background check involved in getting their jobs, and will (and have) beat a child sensless for refusing to OBEY.

All this anger!! Immigration was and is a continuing function of the government. It has not stopped, we are discussing illegal immigration. 

You made a disparaging comment about President Trump (I think that's who you meant) and yet there are quotes available from Obama, Clinton, Schumer and others saying the same thing about the need for controlled and regulated immigration.

Take a few deep breathes and try to drop the hatred for a bit - the sun is shining, enjoy it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors