Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 10 Years of Her Tax Returns

Message 1 of 3

@CriticalThinking wrote:

During the 2016 election campaign, I thought Trump refused to release his tax returns because it would show little or no contributions to charities or veterans. That's probably true, but now I realize there was a more important reason.

Comrade Trump doesn't want Americans to see his financial relationships with Russian oligarchs.

Absolutely correct CeeTee and I credit Mick bringing that info to the forum a few months back.  The Russians bailed trump out after his several bankruptcies and no one willing to loan him money.  And all of a sudden, he started paying cash for everything....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

10 Years of Her Tax Returns

Message 2 of 3

During the 2016 election campaign, I thought Trump refused to release his tax returns because it would show little or no contributions to charities or veterans. That's probably true, but now I realize there was a more important reason.

Comrade Trump doesn't want Americans to see his financial relationships with Russian oligarchs.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

10 Years of Her Tax Returns

Message 3 of 3

http://time.com/5375354/elizabeth-warren-10-years-tax-returns/?utm_source=reddit.com

Sen. Elizabeth Warren Releases 10 Years of Her Tax Returns

BOSTON (AP) — U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren has posted 10 years of her tax returns online.

The decision to release the federal and state returns on Wednesday came a day after the Massachusetts Democrat called for sweeping anti-corruption laws in Washington.

Warren’s bill would require the IRS to release tax returns for congressional candidates from the previous two years and during each year in office.

The posted 2017 returns show the former Harvard University law professor and her husband reported an adjusted gross income of $913,000. The couple filed jointly and paid $302,000 in taxes and was eligible for a refund of almost $34,000.

Warren has been mentioned as a possible 2020 presidential candidate but says she’s focused on her Senate re-election campaign this year. She frequently spars with President Donald Trump, who has refused to release his tax returns.

Two years ? 

Why not ten years like Warren just did?

Anyone running for Congress, or as President, or for the re-election thereof, must release ten years of previous state and federal tax returns.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take two years, and once implemented it will in effect be every tax return thereafter, but why just two years at the start?

Is that to allow leeway?

Kudos
Views
Replies