Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

Message 51 of 77

@GailL1 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Not smarter than the average bear - but absolutely dead certain that their ignorance is wisdom...

Sounds like many that I know and communicate with on a regular basis from many different states and they aren't Trump supporters at all.

Seems people just hear things and take it as fact and then just keep going and going with it like the energizer bunny when in fact they have no idea what they are talking about. 

They don't do any research - they don't do any reading - this is especially true in this day and age of Texting and Tweeting.  KISS has taken on a totally new meaning.

Not the slightest bit sorry about it, Gail -  don't believe you - haven't since before the 2016 election.

I won't ever be responding to any of your posts ever again.

Bye now...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 77

@alferdpacker wrote:

Not smarter than the average bear - but absolutely dead certain that their ignorance is wisdom...

Sounds like many that I know and communicate with on a regular basis from many different states and they aren't Trump supporters at all.

Seems people just hear things and take it as fact and then just keep going and going with it like the energizer bunny when in fact they have no idea what they are talking about. 

They don't do any research - they don't do any reading - this is especially true in this day and age of Texting and Tweeting.  KISS has taken on a totally new meaning.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 77

@CriticalThinking wrote:

As you can see below, there's a direct correlation between LOW levels of education and people who voted for and continue to support Donald Trump.

Tennessee

South Carolina

Oklahoma

Nevada

Kentucky

Alabama

Arkansas

Louisiana

West Virginia

Mississippi

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-educated-states/31075/

Well of course - when one is too stupid to realize how stupid they are - just barely got out of public high school in the benighted cultural area they lived in... 

An inordinately large number of them will be trump supporters, trump voters and maga hat wearing creatures... 

"it must be right - tRump told me that - and my fellow maga hat wearers agree with me"

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 77

@john258 wrote:

I could care less. Everyone here can vote.

NO they cannot -

Santa Fe News - 05/12/2018 - Fewer voters eligible for New Mexico primaries

Your state keeps those registered as Independents out of the primary vote and the majority of voters across the nation are registered as independents.

Same in NM -  Your state is surpressing the votes of these individuals.

Las Cruces Sun News 09/29/2018 - Majority of new voters in New Mexico decline to state party affilia...

THE NM system needs to be changed or else -  as the roles grow with more and more Independents being added - their choice of who will be on the GE ballot should not be ramrodded through by those with a party affilliation - the ONLY ones that can vote in the primary in NM.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 77

@GailL1 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

That is very fair. What is not fair is what is going on in Reb. States like GA where people are stopped from registration, and then stopped from voting when the arrive at the polling place due to laws created to keep a party in power. There are items on the primary ballot that anyone can vote on which have nothing to do with party. Looks like you read a bad article. NM has registration by phone plus party offices, govt offices, DMV etc, takes about no more than 10 minutes, early voting, and polling places for all. You do not have to vote in your dist. It has the usual mail in ballots also. I will take the NM system over the GA system anyday in the week. The NM system is set up to get everyone to vote which is just the opposite of the GA system. By the way strengthen parties lead to more people taking part in the party which makes it harder for the far right to take over. Yes they did take over the Reb. party in NM as all the thinking people left it just like they did all over the US, and that is why the Reb. lost every state office in the last election. If you are a Lib you voted for a former NM Reb. for President last time.

Rep. Natalie Figueroa, an Albuquerque Democrat and a co-sponsor of the legislation, said about one in four voters cannot participate in primaries because they aren't registered with a major party. Opening up the elections to independents, she said, would increase voter participation.

New Mexico open primaries legislation moves forward

Democrats initiated the legislation and seemed like they wanted the legislation to pass (NM - HB 93) but it died.

Only (9) states have closed primary elections - including NM - denying Independent voters the right to cast their vote in a primary election.

Definition of an Independent voter:  An independent is variously defined as a voter who votes for candidates on issues rather than on the basis of a political ideology or partisanship; a voter who does not have long-standing loyalty to, or identification with, a political party; a voter who does not usually vote for the same political party from election.

There are more people who identify as independents than Republican or Democrats

Gallup: Party Affilliation

Screenshot_2019-08-02 Party Affiliation.png

I could care less. Everyone here can vote. Spend some time cleaning up the GA mess the far right has created. You had a Gov who said let them die in the streets as an answer to Health care for all. Ga is controlled by the far right rural Reb. and is one of the worst States in the USA for how it treats people, and that is a shame. More action and less readings is needed to clean up the GA mess as we all suffer. We got Trump due in part to GA.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 77

@john258 wrote:

That is very fair. What is not fair is what is going on in Reb. States like GA where people are stopped from registration, and then stopped from voting when the arrive at the polling place due to laws created to keep a party in power. There are items on the primary ballot that anyone can vote on which have nothing to do with party. Looks like you read a bad article. NM has registration by phone plus party offices, govt offices, DMV etc, takes about no more than 10 minutes, early voting, and polling places for all. You do not have to vote in your dist. It has the usual mail in ballots also. I will take the NM system over the GA system anyday in the week. The NM system is set up to get everyone to vote which is just the opposite of the GA system. By the way strengthen parties lead to more people taking part in the party which makes it harder for the far right to take over. Yes they did take over the Reb. party in NM as all the thinking people left it just like they did all over the US, and that is why the Reb. lost every state office in the last election. If you are a Lib you voted for a former NM Reb. for President last time.

Rep. Natalie Figueroa, an Albuquerque Democrat and a co-sponsor of the legislation, said about one in four voters cannot participate in primaries because they aren't registered with a major party. Opening up the elections to independents, she said, would increase voter participation.

New Mexico open primaries legislation moves forward

Democrats initiated the legislation and seemed like they wanted the legislation to pass (NM - HB 93) but it died.

Only (9) states have closed primary elections - including NM - denying Independent voters the right to cast their vote in a primary election.

Definition of an Independent voter:  An independent is variously defined as a voter who votes for candidates on issues rather than on the basis of a political ideology or partisanship; a voter who does not have long-standing loyalty to, or identification with, a political party; a voter who does not usually vote for the same political party from election.

There are more people who identify as independents than Republican or Democrats

Gallup: Party Affilliation

Screenshot_2019-08-02 Party Affiliation.png

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 77

@GailL1 wrote:

@john258 

So why is New Mexico not an open primary state like 15 others?

There are more and more Independents and Third party voters registering everyday - they aren't allowed to vote in your state without picking a party affilliation at least 28 days before the primary.

They aren't allowed to vote in the primary - Good Grief - how fair is that.

NM could at least devise some hybrid method, like others, which allows ALL registered voters to vote in the primary rather than just accepting their fate.

Open primaries give more people a chance to vote FOR whomever they want to vote in the primary.

Closed primaries seem to strengthen parties.

NM HB 93 in the 2019 legislative session was defeated. 

@GailL1 wrote:

@john258 

There are more and more Independents and Third party voters registering everyday - they aren't allowed to vote in your state without picking a party affilliation at least 28 days before the primary.

NM could at least devise some hybrid method, like others, which allows ALL registered voters to vote in the primary rather than just accepting their fate.

Open primaries give more people a chance to vote FOR whomever they want to vote in the primary.

I have no problem with that. I have always lived in a State that requires you be in the party to vote who will be the person running for the job in that party. Open primary lets outside people pick who represents the party on the ballot. If a person does not want to select a party they get their chance in the general election to make a pick. That is very fair. What is not fair is what is going on in Reb. States like GA where people are stopped from registration, and then stopped from voting when the arrive at the polling place due to laws created to keep a party in power. There are items on the primary ballot that anyone can vote on which have nothing to do with party. Looks like you read a bad article. NM has registration by phone plus party offices, govt offices, DMV etc, takes about no more than 10 minutes, early voting, and polling places for all. You do not have to vote in your dist. It has the usual mail in ballots also. I will take the NM system over the GA system anyday in the week. The NM system is set up to get everyone to vote which is just the opposite of the GA system. By the way strengthen parties lead to more people taking part in the party which makes it harder for the far right to take over. Yes they did take over the Reb. party in NM as all the thinking people left it just like they did all over the US, and that is why the Reb. lost every state office in the last election. If you are a Lib you voted for a former NM Reb. for President last time.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 77

@john258 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 77

The main problem to voting is the States who want to control who they allow to vote. We see the list of them all the time, and what they do to stop people from registering to vote. I think all of these states are controlled by Reb. The answer to improve vote across the country get rid of the Reb. running these states and repeal their anti vote rules. Ga. is a state that leads the way in this effort. One thing we should not do is allow anyone like Chris K to have any part in how our election are handled. It would be nice to hear from people living in some of these states to tell us what they are doing to end these voter problems. Voting should be simple from start to finish. I have never had a problem in all my years of voting, but I never lived in a State where their goal was to control who voted.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 77

I didn't say education wasn't important but even the most educated don't always do their research or even understand what they research.  Voting is a right with NO qualifiers except being a citizen, old enough and registered as verified as to those qualifiers.  It takes a long time to research and most don't - they rely on something else . . . . . Whatever else they desire to  the selection.  The list is long.

As to the rest of my answer to you, I will let this BBC article be my final reply. 

BBC 09/2017 - What Happened - The Long List of Who Hilliary Clinton Blames.

Kudos
Views