Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

Message 41 of 77

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yes - it's one of the dozens of crackpot sites/groups that Right Wing Watch has on it's list of nutcase sights.

Ok, so much for the personal opinions and comments. 

I didn't notice any religious comments or bigotry in the article. The rest of your post had  no bearing on the topic.

Could you substantiate that Right Wing Watch isn't a biased left wing site?  From my experience growing up with staunch Republican relatives in the South there was no problem with the Civil Rights movement.

If you can, could you post links for it?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 77

@GailL1 wrote:

@john258 

Tell me HOW a New Mexico voter registered as an Independent can vote in the New Mexico Primary elections?

I already did. There are things on the ballot other than who will run in a party for office. Now tell me why GA will not end its voter suppression of people of color, and why the voters of GA keep electing  them  to office.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 77

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

........ for a century the Dixiecrats won elections because Lincoln was a Republican. Then LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act and Dixiecrats switched to Republicans.

Of course this has nothing to do with the topic and it has been repeated ad infinitum here on this forum.  So where is the proof of this?  That has never been presented with any proof whatsoever, and repeatedly with posts about the South and those living here.

https://freedomsjournalinstitute.org/latest-news/history/urban-legends-the-dixiecrats-and-the-gop/

Perhaps this site should be checked out and commented on? 

Yes - it's one of the dozens of crackpot sites/groups that Right Wing Watch has on it's list of nutcase sights.

While it's not considered to be extreme hair-on-fire right, it's way more than halfway to extreme right.  Some religious nuttery - the rest political and social bias and bigotry - not the kind of stuff any decent, honest, honorable, and patriotic Constitution believing and following American Citizen would countenance being associated with...

The majority of Americans all know - the KKK and Dixiecrats have pulled their horns in, are pretending to be mainstream, and are now tRump supporters, Hillary haters and Obama haters...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 77

@Olderscout66 wrote:

........ for a century the Dixiecrats won elections because Lincoln was a Republican. Then LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act and Dixiecrats switched to Republicans.

Of course this has nothing to do with the topic and it has been repeated ad infinitum here on this forum.  So where is the proof of this?  That has never been presented with any proof whatsoever, and repeatedly with posts about the South and those living here.

https://freedomsjournalinstitute.org/latest-news/history/urban-legends-the-dixiecrats-and-the-gop/

Perhaps this site should be checked out and commented on?  And perhaps there could be some valid information and links to back up the comments to substantiate the allegations?

My political heritage has been Republican from way back up to my parents who have always been Democrats.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 77

@john258 

Tell me HOW a New Mexico voter registered as an Independent can vote in the New Mexico Primary elections?

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 77

@williamb39198 wrote:

With education, will we not have a more knowledgeable electorate? Why the resistance by repubs for education...oh right, they don’t want an educated electorate...might expose their terrible policies and lies. 

Voting:

Who’s promoting voter registration, voter turnout, voter education, promoting voters rights, and making voting for all voters easier, not harder.  

The "Big Mules" in the KKK never allowed racism to die in the South and for a century the Dixiecrats won elections because Lincoln was a Republican. Then LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act and Dixiecrats switched to Republicans.

The way the KKK/neoRepublicans kept racism alive was to control public education so the kids NEVER learned the truth that the slave owners were the ones who sent tens of thousands of Southern men and boys off to bleed and die to protect property rights and instead were fed a diet of total nonsense about the Honor of Southern Womanhood and States Rights causing their War for Slavery.

Now they keep up their racist drum beat by using warped crime statistics to support the KKK/White Supremacist mantra about racial superiority instead of looking at the data and seeing black people in the south are THREE TIMES as likely to be jailed for a crime as a white person.

The GOPerLords keep the rubes happy by making certain they have wonderful sports programs featuring highly trained performers to entertain the fans and especially those in the Sky Boxes built with tax dollars that COULD HAVE paid for better education.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 77

@GailL1 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

I could care less. Everyone here can vote.

NO they cannot -

Santa Fe News - 05/12/2018 - Fewer voters eligible for New Mexico primaries

Your state keeps those registered as Independents out of the primary vote and the majority of voters across the nation are registered as independents.

Same in NM -  Your state is surpressing the votes of these individuals.

Las Cruces Sun News 09/29/2018 - Majority of new voters in New Mexico decline to state party affilia...

THE NM system needs to be changed or else -  as the roles grow with more and more Independents being added - their choice of who will be on the GE ballot should not be ramrodded through by those with a party affilliation - the ONLY ones that can vote in the primary in NM.

What needs to be changed is how little understanding the far right has of elections. Everyone in my State and all States not controlled by the far right can vote and no change is needed unless the people want it, and now they do not. What is sad is how the far right in the States who do not allow people to vote want to try and deflect from the real problems to the far right fake problems and think they are really helping g the USA. What they are doing is supporting Dictator Trump as he destroyes the USA.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 77

With education, will we not have a more knowledgeable electorate? Why the resistance by repubs for education...oh right, they don’t want an educated electorate...might expose their terrible policies and lies. 

Voting:

Who’s promoting voter registration, voter turnout, voter education, promoting voters rights, and making voting for all voters easier, not harder.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 77

I will observe that Georgia is fairly close to the bottom of the nation educationally - and that the state that a kudo came from is also way close to the bottom of the nation educationally.

What a coincidence...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 77

@alferdpacker wrote:

Sorry Gail - I haven't believed anything in any of your posts since before the election.

I won't ever be responding to any of your posts ever again - because doing so might cause some to believe that I'm validating your positions by responding.

Responding would give you the opportunity to post things that - IMO - no decent, patriotic, honest and honorable American Citizen would ever countenance.

Well, OK, alfredpacker - sorry you feel that way - I do try to post information and give my positions and give reasons why - 

I cannot see how responding with info and insight would create any such condition - especially in the USA.  This is a discussion board -

But so be it - I will try to remember NOT to post to you no matter what might come out of your keyboard-mouth.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views