Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
379
Views

10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

379 Views
Message 21 of 77

Definitely Centrist, there's a strong correlation between low levels of education and support for Trump. There's an equally strong correlation between a high level of education and a state being anti-Trump.

 

Centrist, I have no idea why some forum members are getting sidetracked on the trivial, irrelevant issue of how primaries are conducted. The point of this thread is the correlation between levels of education and support for Trump.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
379
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
389
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

389 Views
Message 22 of 77

@GailL1 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

 

 


Open primaries are like allowing the opposing team to choose your team's players 😉


And closed primaries allow the sanctioned parties to pick the candidate -

What is a voter registered as an "Independent", the largest designation of registered voters in the US, suppose to do to register their preference in the primary election?

 

Some closed primary states set up an Independent primary ballot  and list every body.

 


That is just the way our system is designed so we follow the American way. They do not have the right to vote in an election they chose to avoid. If what you say was true I will sign up for the GA election, and help the thinking people of GA throw out the far right Reb. who stop people from voting, and want people to die in the streets due to no health care so they can stay in power. If you want to vote in the Primary then join a party.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
389
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
366
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

366 Views
Message 23 of 77

@GailL1 wrote:

Really, CT - you came to that conclusion -

 

Really!  The most uneducated populations are in Red States.  Do you disagree?

 

The RED States supported/support trump?  Do you disagree?

 

CeeTee's conclusion is a reasonable conclusion and most would agree.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
366
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
340
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

340 Views
Message 24 of 77

Problem is, CeeTee.....one has to have some intelligence to undersatnd the corelation betwwen a poor education and supporting the lies and FAKE NEWS of the GOP.

 

Careful, ignorance will suggest it's "Hate Speech".


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
340
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
352
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

352 Views
Message 25 of 77

@Cirice wrote:

 

 


Open primaries are like allowing the opposing team to choose your team's players 😉


And closed primaries allow the sanctioned parties to pick the candidate -

What is a voter registered as an "Independent", the largest designation of registered voters in the US, suppose to do to register their preference in the primary election?

 

Some closed primary states set up an Independent primary ballot  and list every body.

 

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
352
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
331
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

331 Views
Message 26 of 77

@GailL1 wrote:

@john258 

 

So why is New Mexico not an open primary state like 15 others?

There are more and more Independents and Third party voters registering everyday - they aren't allowed to vote in your state without picking a party affilliation at least 28 days before the primary.

They aren't allowed to vote in the primary - Good Grief - how fair is that.

NM could at least devise some hybrid method, like others, which allows ALL registered voters to vote in the primary rather than just accepting their fate.

 

Open primaries give more people a chance to vote FOR whomever they want to vote in the primary.

Closed primaries seem to strengthen parties.

 

NM HB 93 in the 2019 legislative session was defeated. 


Open primaries are like allowing the opposing team to choose your team's players 😉

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
331
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
358
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

358 Views
Message 27 of 77

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 

Not even what I was talking about in my post. 

Ask Alfred about the political aspect that you interjected into the discussion. 


I was referring to this comment:

 

"The repubs many years ago separated the primaries because they were chicken***** and afraid of crossover votes...answer, don’t vote for repubs!"

 

 

Alferd has nothing to do with this exchange of posts.  I have never in all my years heard of having joint primaries.


Very good, TxGrandpa2!

I never posted any such thing, or made any comments regarding that idea/concept.

 

However - there has never been the slightest question that the "don't vote for repubs" is every bit as accurate as the fact that the sun rises in the east every morning...

 

Why?  repugnicants and cons are as evil, malicious, dishonest in intent and knowingly and deliberately as dishonest as tRump. 

 

They are no more trustworthy than a convicted pedophile would be trustworthy in a child care nursery...

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
358
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
383
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

383 Views
Message 28 of 77

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 

Not even what I was talking about in my post. 

Ask Alfred about the political aspect that you interjected into the discussion. 


I was referring to this comment:

 

"The repubs many years ago separated the primaries because they were chicken***** and afraid of crossover votes...answer, don’t vote for repubs!"

 

Alferd has nothing to do with this exchange of posts.  I have never in all my years heard of having joint primaries.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
383
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
364
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

364 Views
Message 29 of 77

@TxGrandpa2 

Not even what I was talking about in my post. 

Ask Alfred about the political aspect that you interjected into the discussion. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
364
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
348
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

348 Views
Message 30 of 77

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 

So what is your point? I was never taught anything in civics class as to what your post is and what my post was in relation to local elections and voter registration. Is this just another attempt to sow confusion similar to the religious angle that you interjected in the post with Alfred?


Nothing to do with religion, but with civics. Perhaps if you read the link I gave you would see the beginnings of political primaries and parties.  American History 101.

 

Have a good evening.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
348
Views