Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

Message 71 of 81

@GailL1 wrote:

Really, CT - you came to that conclusion - So what is your solution?  Just shut down these fellow citizens - perhaps not allowing them to vote unless they have at least a high school diploma or perhaps something higher. 

A lower attained education level = Trump supporter.  In a nutshell, that is what you are saying. 

Maybe you and others here should just go ahead and give us a full detailed description of a Trump voter / supporter - that would make it easier for everybody to spot them cause I don't think they all wear the MAGA hats or T-shirts.

The only thing I know for sure is that around here, there were many new registered voters - people who never voted before and they were not young - They each had their own reason for casting their vote the way they did.  Something made them take this action - what that something was could be many things.

We are all different - where we live, what we do, who we do it with, what we may buy, what we want from our lives and where we do it.

Did people vote for President Trump or did they vote against H.Clinton?

Did they just NOT go to the polling places because they thought Trump could not win or that H. Clinton was a shoe-in?

Did they vote for something different because they didn't like what was or had been happening and how they viewed the affects on themselves or what the "I got a plan for that" were promising - pro or con.

Did they just close their eyes and pick one willy-nilly?

I do not think they went to the polling place and said to themselves, well, I am not too well educated so I must vote for Trump?

Criticizing or touting any part of our population doesn't serve any purpose - not if President Trump does it and not if you and others here do it. 

What will solve this (or these) division in our country? 

Higher / Lower Attained Education level

Rural / Urban

Higher pay / lower pay

Young / Older

Skilled / Unskilled

Rich/Poor/ In-Between

Black / White / Something Else

ETC.

Here is the Pew Research on several areas - more data for you - But again what does this mean?

Pew Research Center Fact Tank 11/09/2016 - Behind Trump’s victory: Divisions by race, gender, educat...

"Pew Research" ??????? Yep, there's always something.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 81

Good evening to all-

I find this information and discussion very interesting. 

I was a public school teacher for nearly 40 years, and two of the states I worked in were Arkansas and Alabama- both states which went for tRump, and both states with overall poor public education.  Since the financial burden of public schools falls primarily on each individual state, there is a wide range of support and achievement levels from state to state. Those states which value education and support it tend to get better results. Those states which see public school as a vehicle for football teams and more or less free baby sitting for their kids tend to get overall poor results.

And to give the devil- and I do mean devil- his due, tRump motivated the uneducated and poorly educated parts of the country which don't see education as a desirable thing to come out and vote.

And yes, there are some educated, upper class people who support tRump and support him strongly, but these tend to be people who are playing an angle and who expect to be rewarded for their support. There's no thought among these people for what is good for the country or good for people who don't live in their gated communities where they're separated from "those kind of people".

This upcoming election is an important one- I don't think I've seen a more important election in my long life of voting.  WE can do better than what we've survived the past couple of years.  We don't have to accept the poor excuse for a man who occupies the White House as our leader.

It shouldn't really take much of an education to see what kind of vile individual the present occupant of the White House is.

good evening to all- Ed

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 81

I truly believe that the lack of education is more of a national problem rather than just in some states.

There is enough ignorance in many areas that in my view have to do with the very bad school system that we have. Nationwide.

Not all people go to college, not all people live in cosmopolitan cities that provide the sophistication living in Kentucky or Montana provides.

Florida for example is quite a cosmopolitan area in the south. but extremely provincial in the north. that is why we are know as Lower Alabama.
Not everyone has the opportunity  to really be in cities that promote good education and diversity. so there will always be difference. in how they view things. and politics.
Most of those people woulnn't ever think in researching for a candidate and its qualifications. we in reality have to be grateful that they vote.
so, while we all want a better system,. lets face it, it will not happen. so deal with it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 81

We know the fact is Trump supporters are mostly rural, white, low income, not well educated, easy to lead and this information has been out for a few years now. Just look at the zip code demographics. Re fighting who voted for and who voted against Trump really makes no sense now. Trump in 2 years has shown us who he is based on what he has or has not done. We know who his supporters are now and even some of the reasons for that.

We know by his actions Trump wants to be a Dictator, and is moving to do that on the same path as Germany followed under Hitler. I have said this for 2 years now based on how he ran his business, but few others agreed with me. Well now we see a lot of other agreeing with me. Sat. evening Donnie D had a segment on his program covering this in detail and showed it step by step that Hitler and Trump are so far one and the same. Donnie was friends with Trump for a number of years. Michael  Cohen told us the same thing just before he went to jail, and he was one of Trumps mob lawyers.

This country is at the crossroads between allowing Trump to make the final moves Hitler did in Germany and have an US that parallels Germany of the 1930 to 1945 only Trump instead of Hitler. If you do not want that then put all the effort into stopping Trump now. Just this week you see Trump making a move to take over the entire US Intel operation with his own servant running it. Trump did it with the Justice Dept. now under his servant Barr. Do you think anyone can get justice from the Feds now unless you are a servant of Trump. Spend the time and effort to end the US Dictatorship in 2020 by getting Trump out as President. The past is the past but you can learn from it, you can not change it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 81

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Let's examine some of the states where Trump had his largest margin of victory.

Wyoming         69.9 %

West Virginia:  68.7%

Oklahoma:       65.4%

North Dakota:  63.5%

South Dakota: 62.2%

Kentucky:        62.5%

Missouri:         58.9% 

Mississippi:     57.7%

Kansas           57.9%

Arkansas        60.6%

NONE of those states put The President over the winning mark -  Adding ALL of their electorial votes together only gives a total of 57 - California by itself has 55.

By popular vote, these according to you, less educated voters only managed to muster 11,394,906

total votes for ALL candidates.

California by itself had 14,181,604 votes cast - including 943,998 cast for someone other than Trump or Clinton.

FEC - 2016 Federal Election Results

All characteristics of people affect their vote - not just any one. 

I know people, and I bet you do too, that only vote for a person that has a D or an R beside the candidate's name.  They don't have to go any further - is that intelligent?  IMO, it is not.

This points out many of those characteristics - social, economic, demographic of the divide.

We don't have to discuss it - many have already since 2016. 

FORBES 11/09/2016 by Joe Koktin - The Improbable Demographics Behind Donald Trump's Shocking Preside...

. . . . . we have populations and geographies that barely seem to belong in the same country, if not on the same planet.

The electorate is so divided that many states went for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton by lopsided margins. The Northeast was solidly Democratic, with Clinton winning New York, Massachusetts and Vermont with three-fifths of the vote or more. Washington, D.C., heavily black and the seat of the bureaucracy and pundit class, delivered an almost Soviet-style 93% to 4% margin.

On the other side were a series of states where Trump won just as easily, including Tennessee and Kentucky, with three-fifths of the vote, and West Virginia, by a margin of two-to-one

Much of the rest of the map has followed the usual patterns: Democratic domination of Illinois and the West Coast, while Republicans held the South. Where the election was decided was in previous battleground states: Florida, North Carolina and Ohio.

America is a nation of many economies, but those that produce real, tangible things -- food, fiber, energy and manufactured goods -- went overwhelmingly for Trump. He won virtually every state from Appalachia to the Rockies, with the exceptions of heavily Hispanic Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico, and President Obama’s home base of Illinois.

Some of his biggest margins were in energy states where the fracking revolution created a burst of prosperity. Generally speaking, the more carbon-intensive the economy, the better the Republicans did. These states include Ohio, Texas, Louisiana, Wyoming, Idaho, and especially West Virginia, where he won by a remarkable margin of 68% to 27%. The energy industry could well be the biggest financial winner in the election.

Clinton’s support for climate change legislation, a lower priority among the electorate than other concerns, was seen as necessary to shore up support from greens threatening to attack her from the left. Yet the issue never caught on the heartland, which tends to see climate change mitigation as injurious to them.

This may have proven a major miscalculation, as the energy economy is also tied closely to manufacturing. Besides climate change, the heartland had many reasons to fear a continuation of Obama policies, particularly related to regulation and global trade, which seems to have been a big factor in Trump’s upset win in normally moderate to liberal Wisconsin.

Trump either won, or closely contested all the traditional manufacturing states -- Ohio, Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa and even Michigan, where union voters did not support Clinton as they had Obama and where trade was also a big issue.. . . .

. . . . Agricultural states, reeling from the decline of commodity prices, not surprisingly, also went for the New Yorker.

Exit polling nationwide showed Trump won two-to-one among people without a college degree, matched Clinton among college graduates, losing only those with graduate degrees, a group that has voted for the Democrats since 1988.

READ LOTS MORE GOOD STUFF AT THE FORBES LINK ~

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 81

@CriticalThinking wrote:

As you can see below, there's a direct correlation between LOW levels of education and people who voted for and continue to support Donald Trump.

Tennessee

South Carolina

Oklahoma

Nevada

Kentucky

Alabama

Arkansas

Louisiana

West Virginia

Mississippi

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-educated-states/31075/

The saddest part is the people in those States have had GOPers attacking teachers and cutting school budgets for so long, the students spent 12 years learning nothing and don't know THAT is why they can't get a good job and NOT because Government forced their boss to send the good jobs to commie slaves in Asia or give them to Women or minorities, which is what the GOPerLords used Fox to tell them. It also made them easy targets for the lies spewed by Russians and Cambridge Amalytica that got them to vote for a totally failed gutless draft-dodger who was presented as a great businessman and real patriot. Without the basic skills in logic and reasoning they SHOULD have been given in school, they'll spend the rest of their lives working for the lowest possible wage and voting against their personal interests.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 81

Let's examine some of the states where Trump had his largest margin of victory.

Wyoming         69.9 %

West Virginia:  68.7%

Oklahoma:       65.4%

North Dakota:  63.5%

South Dakota: 62.2%

Kentucky:        62.5%

Missouri:         58.9% 

Mississippi:     57.7%

Kansas           57.9%

Arkansas        60.6%

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

10 States with Lowest Level of Education and Trump

Message 78 of 81

I said voted for and continue to SUPPORT the pathological liar and criminal in the White House, who's been accused of sexual assault by 24 women. 

Next, Fox is a propaganda network and they realize the people who watch them are easily fooled into believing the lies crafted by the network. They will not question, challenge, or research anything Fox tells them. They know a large perecentage of their viewers are not college educated.

Finally, anyone can deny reality and pretend the bulk of Trump's supporters don't come from the most uneducated states like Mississippi, Alabama, West Virginia, Kentucky, and South Carolina, etc. 

I didn't upload the list, but 14 out of the 15 HIGHEST level of education states are BLUE states. There are good reasons why Trump has very little support in those states. 

If you insist, please continue living in a world where the facts don't matter. In my world, FACTS and the TRUTH are everything. And they tell us Trump has very little support in states with a high level of education and he has incredibly large, dedicated support in those states where the uneducated primarily live.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 81

Really, CT - you came to that conclusion - So what is your solution?  Just shut down these fellow citizens - perhaps not allowing them to vote unless they have at least a high school diploma or perhaps something higher. 

A lower attained education level = Trump supporter.  In a nutshell, that is what you are saying. 

Maybe you and others here should just go ahead and give us a full detailed description of a Trump voter / supporter - that would make it easier for everybody to spot them cause I don't think they all wear the MAGA hats or T-shirts.

The only thing I know for sure is that around here, there were many new registered voters - people who never voted before and they were not young - They each had their own reason for casting their vote the way they did.  Something made them take this action - what that something was could be many things.

We are all different - where we live, what we do, who we do it with, what we may buy, what we want from our lives and where we do it.

Did people vote for President Trump or did they vote against H.Clinton?

Did they just NOT go to the polling places because they thought Trump could not win or that H. Clinton was a shoe-in?

Did they vote for something different because they didn't like what was or had been happening and how they viewed the affects on themselves or what the "I got a plan for that" were promising - pro or con.

Did they just close their eyes and pick one willy-nilly?

I do not think they went to the polling place and said to themselves, well, I am not too well educated so I must vote for Trump?

Criticizing or touting any part of our population doesn't serve any purpose - not if President Trump does it and not if you and others here do it. 

What will solve this (or these) division in our country? 

Higher / Lower Attained Education level

Rural / Urban

Higher pay / lower pay

Young / Older

Skilled / Unskilled

Rich/Poor/ In-Between

Black / White / Something Else

ETC.

Here is the Pew Research on several areas - more data for you - But again what does this mean?

Pew Research Center Fact Tank 11/09/2016 - Behind Trump’s victory: Divisions by race, gender, educat...

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 81

Would certainly make one ask if part of the repub plan to not promote any level of education is to keep voters in the dark, so that they will not pay attention to all of the ways that repubs are taking advantage of them to benefit the wealthy and corporations. 

trump certainly takes advantage of them, and does not care about his supporters...if they only realized this!

Kudos
Views