Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
109
Views

Re: 10 Planks

109 Views
Message 31 of 138

@Olderscout66wrote:

neoRepublicans keep omitting their favorite Marxist doctrine "He who does not work will not eat" which the NeoR's have turned into dogma with their constant rants against the 47% of Americans who are not paid enough to have to pay FEDERAL income tax, but pay a higher proportion of their income for ALL taxes and fees than the 1% pays on their total income.

 

Republicans oppose public schools because in their fetid imaginations that's Marxist. Same with a graduated income tax, tax on inheritance, ability of workers to Unionize, Government protections against exploitation by the Oligarchs including the poisoning of children, predatory lending practices, milking small investor's wealth by refusing to make investment advisers fiduciaries,and granting Corporations Constitutional protections as "people" while insuring the people running the Corporations can never be charged with crimes committed using the Corporations resources.

 

The question is not whether Progressives are Marxist (they're not).

The question is how totally neoRepublicans have become supporters of a new Feudalism controlled by Oligarchs with no Government able to restrict their rapacity and rapine of the 99%.


I can't tell from that whether or not you think the 10 planks are a good basis for a government.

 

Why the dodge?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
109
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
108
Views

Re: 10 Planks

108 Views
Message 32 of 138

@creppelrmwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

I doubt Thomas Paine would help with an understanding of the term "neoMarism". However, discussing the 10 planks could help.

 

I assume you mean Marxism 

 

Throughout the ages people have looked for solutions to address poverty, it predates Marx or Paine.

 

It predates the written word.

 

The whole idea of class struggle can't exist without the construct of classes, the theories came after the problem, it doesn't matter if it was Marx, Paine, Jesus, Buddha or Krishna.

 

The ten planks or anything like it is just a link the chain.

 

 

No, I mean neoMarxism. The distinction is that "Marxism" is a political philosophy contained in a book. I use the term "neoMarxism" to describe the Progressive Movements which is an effort to use political and social reality to implement the ideology.

 

Marx went well beyond poverty. His concept involved every aspect of human life.

 

However, I have listed the 10 planks - are you in agreement with any of them? 


You simply use neoMarxism to attack. The Progressive Movement has no more association with Marx than the Conservative Movement has with Hitler and Nazis.


No attack - I have said that Marx was a decent (albeit naive) man and the same could be said about his followers today. On the other hand, all that Hitler and Nazis jazz - that is an attack.

 

So, back to the issue - is there anything in the 10 planks you do not think is a good idea for the government to enact? Looked at another way, do you not see some of it in the Progressive agenda?


Some more questions.  When are you going ot add the your post yourself?


I offered the topic for discussion but some seem to prefer to run off somewhere and talk about Hitler and Nazis. I have certainly expressed my views of Herr Marx.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
108
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
99
Views

Re: 10 Planks

99 Views
Message 33 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:


No attack - I have said that Marx was a decent (albeit naive) man and the same could be said about his followers today. On the other hand, all that Hitler and Nazis jazz - that is an attack.

 

So, back to the issue - is there anything in the 10 planks you do not think is a good idea for the government to enact? Looked at another way, do you not see some of it in the Progressive agenda?


So it is only an attack when you disagree with the post. 

 

Go go back and read what I posted about Marx’s 10 Planks. The only parts that apply are free public education that pre-dates Marx, bans on child labor and a progressive income tax - none of which were original thoughts of Marx.

 

As I said earlier, the Progressive Movement has no more to do with Marxism the the Conservative Movement follows Naziism..


Why this obsession with the word "attack"? I have attacked no one.

 

Don't dodge, it is a very simple point - do you or do you not agree with the 10 planks and do you or do you not see them in the agenda of the Progressive Movement?

 

Nazi thinking is not part of that - just a dodge. However, if you can find a valid list of the elements of Nazism and want to discuss them, I'm in.


Don’t dodge - try actual reading for a change. I have stated my position twice and your continual harping and whining will not change that.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
99
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
94
Views

Re: 10 Planks

94 Views
Message 34 of 138

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:


No attack - I have said that Marx was a decent (albeit naive) man and the same could be said about his followers today. On the other hand, all that Hitler and Nazis jazz - that is an attack.

 

So, back to the issue - is there anything in the 10 planks you do not think is a good idea for the government to enact? Looked at another way, do you not see some of it in the Progressive agenda?


So it is only an attack when you disagree with the post. 

 

Go go back and read what I posted about Marx’s 10 Planks. The only parts that apply are free public education that pre-dates Marx, bans on child labor and a progressive income tax - none of which were original thoughts of Marx.

 

As I said earlier, the Progressive Movement has no more to do with Marxism the the Conservative Movement follows Naziism..


Why this obsession with the word "attack"? I have attacked no one.

 

Don't dodge, it is a very simple point - do you or do you not agree with the 10 planks and do you or do you not see them in the agenda of the Progressive Movement?

 

Nazi thinking is not part of that - just a dodge. However, if you can find a valid list of the elements of Nazism and want to discuss them, I'm in.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
94
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
106
Views

Re: 10 Planks

106 Views
Message 35 of 138

neoRepublicans keep omitting their favorite Marxist doctrine "He who does not work will not eat" which the NeoR's have turned into dogma with their constant rants against the 47% of Americans who are not paid enough to have to pay FEDERAL income tax, but pay a higher proportion of their income for ALL taxes and fees than the 1% pays on their total income.

 

Republicans oppose public schools because in their fetid imaginations that's Marxist. Same with a graduated income tax, tax on inheritance, ability of workers to Unionize, Government protections against exploitation by the Oligarchs including the poisoning of children, predatory lending practices, milking small investor's wealth by refusing to make investment advisers fiduciaries,and granting Corporations Constitutional protections as "people" while insuring the people running the Corporations can never be charged with crimes committed using the Corporations resources.

 

The question is not whether Progressives are Marxist (they're not).

The question is how totally neoRepublicans have become supporters of a new Feudalism controlled by Oligarchs with no Government able to restrict their rapacity and rapine of the 99%.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
106
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
108
Views

Re: 10 Planks

108 Views
Message 36 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

I doubt Thomas Paine would help with an understanding of the term "neoMarism". However, discussing the 10 planks could help.

 

I assume you mean Marxism 

 

Throughout the ages people have looked for solutions to address poverty, it predates Marx or Paine.

 

It predates the written word.

 

The whole idea of class struggle can't exist without the construct of classes, the theories came after the problem, it doesn't matter if it was Marx, Paine, Jesus, Buddha or Krishna.

 

The ten planks or anything like it is just a link the chain.

 

 

No, I mean neoMarxism. The distinction is that "Marxism" is a political philosophy contained in a book. I use the term "neoMarxism" to describe the Progressive Movements which is an effort to use political and social reality to implement the ideology.

 

Marx went well beyond poverty. His concept involved every aspect of human life.

 

However, I have listed the 10 planks - are you in agreement with any of them? 


You simply use neoMarxism to attack. The Progressive Movement has no more association with Marx than the Conservative Movement has with Hitler and Nazis.


No attack - I have said that Marx was a decent (albeit naive) man and the same could be said about his followers today. On the other hand, all that Hitler and Nazis jazz - that is an attack.

 

So, back to the issue - is there anything in the 10 planks you do not think is a good idea for the government to enact? Looked at another way, do you not see some of it in the Progressive agenda?


Some more questions.  When are you going ot add the your post yourself?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
108
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
96
Views

Re: 10 Planks

96 Views
Message 37 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

I doubt Thomas Paine would help with an understanding of the term "neoMarism". However, discussing the 10 planks could help.

 

I assume you mean Marxism 

 

Throughout the ages people have looked for solutions to address poverty, it predates Marx or Paine.

 

It predates the written word.

 

The whole idea of class struggle can't exist without the construct of classes, the theories came after the problem, it doesn't matter if it was Marx, Paine, Jesus, Buddha or Krishna.

 

The ten planks or anything like it is just a link the chain.

 

 

No, I mean neoMarxism. The distinction is that "Marxism" is a political philosophy contained in a book. I use the term "neoMarxism" to describe the Progressive Movements which is an effort to use political and social reality to implement the ideology.

 

Marx went well beyond poverty. His concept involved every aspect of human life.

 

However, I have listed the 10 planks - are you in agreement with any of them? 


You simply use neoMarxism to attack. The Progressive Movement has no more association with Marx than the Conservative Movement has with Hitler and Nazis.


No attack - I have said that Marx was a decent (albeit naive) man and the same could be said about his followers today. On the other hand, all that Hitler and Nazis jazz - that is an attack.

 

So, back to the issue - is there anything in the 10 planks you do not think is a good idea for the government to enact? Looked at another way, do you not see some of it in the Progressive agenda?


So it is only an attack when you disagree with the post. 

 

Go go back and read what I posted about Marx’s 10 Planks. The only parts that apply are free public education that pre-dates Marx, bans on child labor and a progressive income tax - none of which were original thoughts of Marx.

 

As I said earlier, the Progressive Movement has no more to do with Marxism the the Conservative Movement follows Naziism..

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
96
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
106
Views

Re: 10 Planks

106 Views
Message 38 of 138

Use of the planks is unquestionably, irrefutably and obviously a completely failed extreme right fringe attempt to support the bleephole-in-chief by using a strawman argument to imply that trump's Russian enabled cluster-bleep excuse for an administration is other than the abomination that it clearly and unmistakably is...

 

There has never been any question whatsoever - what the nation had before the moron trump started bleeping things up was always far better and more functional.

 

trump provably lies twice as often as he tell the truth...

What might be concluded regarding some of his supporters and followers?

 

 

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
106
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
103
Views

Re: 10 Planks

103 Views
Message 39 of 138

@creppelrmwrote:


I'm glade someone diverted the conversation from the silly Marx's planks which many of our fine posters have proven to be obsolete, out dated and dimwitted.


Really? You consider the graduated income tax and State run free education (as two examples) to be "obsolete, out dated, and dimwitted"?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
103
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
103
Views

Re: 10 Planks

103 Views
Message 40 of 138

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

I doubt Thomas Paine would help with an understanding of the term "neoMarism". However, discussing the 10 planks could help.

 

I assume you mean Marxism 

 

Throughout the ages people have looked for solutions to address poverty, it predates Marx or Paine.

 

It predates the written word.

 

The whole idea of class struggle can't exist without the construct of classes, the theories came after the problem, it doesn't matter if it was Marx, Paine, Jesus, Buddha or Krishna.

 

The ten planks or anything like it is just a link the chain.

 

 

No, I mean neoMarxism. The distinction is that "Marxism" is a political philosophy contained in a book. I use the term "neoMarxism" to describe the Progressive Movements which is an effort to use political and social reality to implement the ideology.

 

Marx went well beyond poverty. His concept involved every aspect of human life.

 

However, I have listed the 10 planks - are you in agreement with any of them? 


You simply use neoMarxism to attack. The Progressive Movement has no more association with Marx than the Conservative Movement has with Hitler and Nazis.


No attack - I have said that Marx was a decent (albeit naive) man and the same could be said about his followers today. On the other hand, all that Hitler and Nazis jazz - that is an attack.

 

So, back to the issue - is there anything in the 10 planks you do not think is a good idea for the government to enact? Looked at another way, do you not see some of it in the Progressive agenda?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
103
Views