Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 10 Planks

Message 21 of 138

@Snoopy48wrote:

Got it - you don't really want to discuss anything about the topic you started you just want to pick at other posters. You have now changed what you expect others to discuss at least three times and have not provided any discussion on any of them.

I really thought I had - I'll try again and then hopefully we can discuss the merits/downsides of Marxism.

Once again, I believe Karl Marx was a decent man who thought the ideas he picked up in the hippy coffee shops of the time would create "paradise on earth" for the population. But, he and the other hippies of the day were naive and overlooked human nature. This was amply demonstrated by Lenin and even more so, Stalin.

Marx realized that people had to be "conditioned" to the Communist system. For that to happen, an all-powerful government was needed to do the conditioning. Then he believed once everyone was on-board the government would simply disappear. As we have seen, that is not the way things work.

His 10 planks were the pathway to that all powerful government and the conditioning it would do.

A perfect example of the folly of his thinking was the Russian revolution. When things finally settled down, Lenin was in charge. He seized all the property of the land owners and redistributed it among the farm workers. But shortly after, along came Stalin with a thought often expressed on these boards that the land actually belonged not to the farmers but to "we the people". And that was defined as the government acting for "we the people" - the result was catastrophic starvation for the people. But, with an all powerful government, there was nothing that "we the people" could do about it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

neoRepublicans keep omitting their favorite Marxist doctrine "He who does not work will not eat" which the NeoR's have turned into dogma with their constant rants against the 47% of Americans who are not paid enough to have to pay FEDERAL income tax, but pay a higher proportion of their income for ALL taxes and fees than the 1% pays on their total income.

Republicans oppose public schools because in their fetid imaginations that's Marxist. Same with a graduated income tax, tax on inheritance, ability of workers to Unionize, Government protections against exploitation by the Oligarchs including the poisoning of children, predatory lending practices, milking small investor's wealth by refusing to make investment advisers fiduciaries,and granting Corporations Constitutional protections as "people" while insuring the people running the Corporations can never be charged with crimes committed using the Corporations resources.

The question is not whether Progressives are Marxist (they're not).

The question is how totally neoRepublicans have become supporters of a new Feudalism controlled by Oligarchs with no Government able to restrict their rapacity and rapine of the 99%.

I can't tell from that whether or not you think the 10 planks are a good basis for a government.

Why the dodge?

Because the neomarxist scam is no different than the wild-eyed hair-on-fire crackpottery/deranged stuff from the days of alcoholic/morphine addict Joe McCarthy and "commie under every bed" close to rubber room ready Birchers that the majority of Americans quickly realized was - and still to this day - is - utter nonsense...

Bill Buckley and Goldwater distanced themselves from the JBS because Birchers were - and still are - by and large nuttier than a fruitcake factory...

The "neomarxist scam" is no different...

scout - do you want to post whether or not you think Marxism is a good basis for government or do you want someone else to create a McCarthy, Bircher, Buckley, Goldwater closet for you to hide in?

No hiding in any closet - it's right out there in the open - it's obvious that the "neomarxist scam" has never had ANY actual factual and empirically demonstrable connection to current progressive ideas - all of which come from ideas and principles that antedate Marxist writings by centuries - and in many cases - by more than a milennium...

Just extreme right fringe wing crackpottery....

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

No attack - I have said that Marx was a decent (albeit naive) man and the same could be said about his followers today. On the other hand, all that Hitler and Nazis jazz - that is an attack.

So, back to the issue - is there anything in the 10 planks you do not think is a good idea for the government to enact? Looked at another way, do you not see some of it in the Progressive agenda?

So it is only an attack when you disagree with the post. 

Go go back and read what I posted about Marx’s 10 Planks. The only parts that apply are free public education that pre-dates Marx, bans on child labor and a progressive income tax - none of which were original thoughts of Marx.

As I said earlier, the Progressive Movement has no more to do with Marxism the the Conservative Movement follows Naziism..

Why this obsession with the word "attack"? I have attacked no one.

Don't dodge, it is a very simple point - do you or do you not agree with the 10 planks and do you or do you not see them in the agenda of the Progressive Movement?

Nazi thinking is not part of that - just a dodge. However, if you can find a valid list of the elements of Nazism and want to discuss them, I'm in.

Don’t dodge - try actual reading for a change. I have stated my position twice and your continual harping and whining will not change that.

I have read but get lost when you go off the edge to throw Nazis in.

Near as I can tell you have not expressed your views of the 10 planks except to say something to the effect of "He didn't invent that". (how Obamaesque of you)

As I said before - try actually reading what I said or maybe have someone else read it to you and help you with the big words.

Got it - you'd prefer not to discuss the "good for out country" or "bad for our country" aspects of Marxism.

Got it - you don't really want to discuss anything about the topic you started you just want to pick at other posters. You have now changed what you expect others to discuss at least three times and have not provided any discussion on any of them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 138

@alferdpackerwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

neoRepublicans keep omitting their favorite Marxist doctrine "He who does not work will not eat" which the NeoR's have turned into dogma with their constant rants against the 47% of Americans who are not paid enough to have to pay FEDERAL income tax, but pay a higher proportion of their income for ALL taxes and fees than the 1% pays on their total income.

Republicans oppose public schools because in their fetid imaginations that's Marxist. Same with a graduated income tax, tax on inheritance, ability of workers to Unionize, Government protections against exploitation by the Oligarchs including the poisoning of children, predatory lending practices, milking small investor's wealth by refusing to make investment advisers fiduciaries,and granting Corporations Constitutional protections as "people" while insuring the people running the Corporations can never be charged with crimes committed using the Corporations resources.

The question is how totally neoRepublicans have become supporters of a new Feudalism controlled by Oligarchs with no Government able to restrict their rapacity and rapine of the 99%.

I can't tell from that whether or not you think the 10 planks are a good basis for a government.

Why the dodge?

Because the neomarxist scam is no different than the wild-eyed hair-on-fire crackpottery/deranged stuff from the days of alcoholic/morphine addict Joe McCarthy and "commie under every bed" close to rubber room ready Birchers that the majority of Americans quickly realized was - and still to this day - is - utter nonsense...

Bill Buckley and Goldwater distanced themselves from the JBS because Birchers were - and still are - by and large nuttier than a fruitcake factory...

scout - do you want to post whether or not you think Marxism is a good basis for government or do you want someone else to create a McCarthy, Bircher, Buckley, Goldwater closet for you to hide in?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 138

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

No attack - I have said that Marx was a decent (albeit naive) man and the same could be said about his followers today. On the other hand, all that Hitler and Nazis jazz - that is an attack.

So, back to the issue - is there anything in the 10 planks you do not think is a good idea for the government to enact? Looked at another way, do you not see some of it in the Progressive agenda?

Go go back and read what I posted about Marx’s 10 Planks. The only parts that apply are free public education that pre-dates Marx, bans on child labor and a progressive income tax - none of which were original thoughts of Marx.

As I said earlier, the Progressive Movement has no more to do with Marxism the the Conservative Movement follows Naziism..

Don't dodge, it is a very simple point - do you or do you not agree with the 10 planks and do you or do you not see them in the agenda of the Progressive Movement?

Nazi thinking is not part of that - just a dodge. However, if you can find a valid list of the elements of Nazism and want to discuss them, I'm in.

Don’t dodge - try actual reading for a change. I have stated my position twice and your continual harping and whining will not change that.

Near as I can tell you have not expressed your views of the 10 planks except to say something to the effect of "He didn't invent that". (how Obamaesque of you)

As I said before - try actually reading what I said or maybe have someone else read it to you and help you with the big words.

Got it - you'd prefer not to discuss the "good for out country" or "bad for our country" aspects of Marxism.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 138

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

Why the dodge?

Why don’t you actually try discussing the 10 Planks instead of just accusing progressives of being neoMarxists? 

I am trying. It seems like "Which do you approve of or disapprove of?" is a good start. "Accusing" has a negative connotation which I have not assigned. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

Why the dodge?

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

Why the dodge?

Why don’t you actually try discussing the 10 Planks instead of just accusing progressives of being neoMarxists? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 138

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

Kudos
Views