Have questions about your Social Security benefits? The AARP Social Security Resource Center can help.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 10 Planks

Message 11 of 138

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

Got it - you don't really want to discuss anything about the topic you started you just want to pick at other posters. You have now changed what you expect others to discuss at least three times and have not provided any discussion on any of them.

I really thought I had - I'll try again and then hopefully we can discuss the merits/downsides of Marxism.

Once again, I believe Karl Marx was a decent man who thought the ideas he picked up in the hippy coffee shops of the time would create "paradise on earth" for the population. But, he and the other hippies of the day were naive and overlooked human nature. This was amply demonstrated by Lenin and even more so, Stalin.

Marx realized that people had to be "conditioned" to the Communist system. For that to happen, an all-powerful government was needed to do the conditioning. Then he believed once everyone was on-board the government would simply disappear. As we have seen, that is not the way things work.

His 10 planks were the pathway to that all powerful government and the conditioning it would do.

A perfect example of the folly of his thinking was the Russian revolution. When things finally settled down, Lenin was in charge. He seized all the property of the land owners and redistributed it among the farm workers. But shortly after, along came Stalin with a thought often expressed on these boards that the land actually belonged not to the farmers but to "we the people". And that was defined as the government acting for "we the people" - the result was catastrophic starvation for the people. But, with an all powerful government, there was nothing that "we the people" could do about it.

So are Marx’s ideas a good plan or not?

That is the issue. I have stated my views yet have yet to hear those of anyone else - only games.

You could quit playing your game and answer the question you have asked others - are Marx's ideas a good plan or not?

Did you really not see the answer in my lengthy answer to your previous question (above)?

I'll try again - on the surface they do appear good but his approach is impractical as history has demonstrated.

Well of course...

That's why progressives have adopted much older time tested concepts that have historically been proved to work - and - as one can clearly see, many of those concepts are quite successful in some European nations (and Canada) right now...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 138

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

Got it - you don't really want to discuss anything about the topic you started you just want to pick at other posters. You have now changed what you expect others to discuss at least three times and have not provided any discussion on any of them.

I really thought I had - I'll try again and then hopefully we can discuss the merits/downsides of Marxism.

Once again, I believe Karl Marx was a decent man who thought the ideas he picked up in the hippy coffee shops of the time would create "paradise on earth" for the population. But, he and the other hippies of the day were naive and overlooked human nature. This was amply demonstrated by Lenin and even more so, Stalin.

Marx realized that people had to be "conditioned" to the Communist system. For that to happen, an all-powerful government was needed to do the conditioning. Then he believed once everyone was on-board the government would simply disappear. As we have seen, that is not the way things work.

His 10 planks were the pathway to that all powerful government and the conditioning it would do.

A perfect example of the folly of his thinking was the Russian revolution. When things finally settled down, Lenin was in charge. He seized all the property of the land owners and redistributed it among the farm workers. But shortly after, along came Stalin with a thought often expressed on these boards that the land actually belonged not to the farmers but to "we the people". And that was defined as the government acting for "we the people" - the result was catastrophic starvation for the people. But, with an all powerful government, there was nothing that "we the people" could do about it.

That is the issue. I have stated my views yet have yet to hear those of anyone else - only games.

You could quit playing your game and answer the question you have asked others - are Marx's ideas a good plan or not?

Did you really not see the answer in my lengthy answer to your previous question (above)?

I'll try again - on the surface they do appear good but his approach is impractical as history has demonstrated.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 138

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 138

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 138

@Snoopy48wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

Marx's ideas have never been able to work in the long term - so what would one say about a plan that mostly doesn't work - and has a history of failure - ie the USSR?

There are Nordic countries that are utilising progressive ideas - you know - ideas that are many centuries older than Marx's writings -  and are doing much better than the US - their people are happier too...

China is doing better than ever, and will not suffer the fate of the USSR, because they realize that adopting progressive ideas - those far older than Marx's ideas - is a long term functional solution - you know - using stuff that works better...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@creppelrmwrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

Fascinating - so did that come from a Russian troll, a Russian Bot, an alternative reality unicorn, or the deranged ranting of some - possibly now institutionalized - unstable Birch Society whack job?

Great facetious parody of logic and reason - almost - but not quite ready for inclusion in a SNL episode - keep it up...

That "all powerful government" collapsed sone time ago, and is no more - it's internal corruption was responsible for it's fatally poisoning and weakening itself to the point of internal collapse...

China is adopting more and more non-communist political and economic changes - partially because they learned from seeing how and why the USSR failed - and also because they realized that it will never be possible to "condition" human beings and still have them be other than Gamma Plus workers - or worse yet - trump voters and supporters...

Trump?  He's always been a malignantly narcissistic coward, racist, liar, and incompetent businessman. 

Liddle donnie is now in the process of demonstrating on a daily basis the stygian depths of his political incompetence - and the not at all surprising extent of his bizarro world "quality of character"...

LIddle donnie has more in common with Marx and the dictator Stalin which didn't include "We The People".  Marx writings are exclusively his thoughts that really never included "We  The People"  as Trumps views are his and a minority of  Ultra-Right.

I do not see how "Liddle donnie" or the Ultra-Right relates to the 10 planks. And you support the "Russian bot" and Birch madness. Do you really see some connectivity or would you prefer to not discuss the 10 planks and are using this nonsense as a dodge?

The entirely bogus and fallacious pretense/premise that the 170 year old theoretical "planks" should be discussed in relationship to modern progressive thoughts - all of which not only have absolutely zero empirically verifiable relationship to the planks - but whose origins in fact are multiple centuries, and in some cases, millennia older than the planks - is of course just a cheap sleazy right wing scam that only a dolt, fool, ninny, or trump supporter would be sufficiently obtuse as to believe or consider.

A discussion of the planks with a member of the political right is without even the slightest shadow of a doubt no more likely to be in any manner, shape or form a logical, rational, or even quasi-productive discussion - than would be an ill-advised attempt to make friends with a King Cobra, pick it up, drape it around one's neck - and expect to live...

How about a go at religion or solipsism instead - they're equally factually as unverifiable as the nonexistent relationship between the ten planks and modern progressive thoughts...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 138

@creppelrmwrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

Fascinating - so did that come from a Russian troll, a Russian Bot, an alternative reality unicorn, or the deranged ranting of some - possibly now institutionalized - unstable Birch Society whack job?

Great facetious parody of logic and reason - almost - but not quite ready for inclusion in a SNL episode - keep it up...

That "all powerful government" collapsed sone time ago, and is no more - it's internal corruption was responsible for it's fatally poisoning and weakening itself to the point of internal collapse...

China is adopting more and more non-communist political and economic changes - partially because they learned from seeing how and why the USSR failed - and also because they realized that it will never be possible to "condition" human beings and still have them be other than Gamma Plus workers - or worse yet - trump voters and supporters...

Trump?  He's always been a malignantly narcissistic coward, racist, liar, and incompetent businessman. 

Liddle donnie is now in the proces of demonstrating on a daily basis the stygian depths of his political incompetence - and the not at all surprising extent of his bizarro world "quality of character"...

LIddle donnie has more in common with Marx and the dictator Stalin which didn't include "We The People".  Marx writings are exclusively his thoughts that really never included "We  The People"  as Trumps views are his and a minority of  Ultra-Right.

I do not see how "Liddle donnie" or the Ultra-Right relates to the 10 planks. And you support the "Russian bot" and Birch madness. Do you really see some connectivity or would you prefer to not discuss the 10 planks and are using this nonsense as a dodge?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 138

@alferdpackerwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

Liddle donnie is now in the proces of demonstrating on a daily basis the stygian depths of his political incompetence - and the not at all surprising extent of his bizarro world "quality of character"...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 138

@rk9152wrote:

@Snoopy48wrote:

Kudos
Views